Supergirl

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!

Supergirl

Postby ArcticFox » Sun May 17, 2015 10:01 am

Interesting. Seems like they're trying to put some real effort into a female superhero for once, and the results look promising.

And Supergirl totally looks scrumptious in the outfit, and yet it isn't too revealing. Good balance.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Supergirl

Postby ccgr » Sun May 17, 2015 1:53 pm

That does look good!

swifter78
Noob
Noob

Postby swifter78 » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:29 pm

I'd have to say I like Supergirl more than Superman in a few ways she seems stronger than him, I hope they wil actually meet in the show someday.

Betuor
Noob
Noob

Postby Betuor » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:04 pm

I did try watching this show. I like Supergirl as a character in the comics / other media but some of the changes made for the show weren't doing it that well for me. Granted, I'm pretty sure the show was not made for me. Barely made it through season 1 but the end was better than the beginning. Looked forward to season 2. Thought it would be better. It did not. Got very political in a way I don't agree. Also, it felt like it was attacking people like myself. Also, weird character changes. Stops relationships and begins some alternative lifestyle relationships. Also, that alternative lifestyle was straight in the first season but her man disappeared. The episodes with Superman was decent and I liked the guy they had playing him even though he looked like he always had a five-o'clock shadow. Wouldn't mind watching him in his own show but it feels like they used all of his stuff.

Also, Jimmy got buff. Sorry, he's called James now.

WildMufasa
Noob
Noob

Postby WildMufasa » Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:13 pm

this show was alright at first, but man it went downhill fast, and it keeps going down. A real shame.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict

Postby ArcticFox » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:18 am

Yeah I haven't watched it since a few episodes into the second season. From what I heard, I got out just in time.

Spoilers ahead...

Part of what made me lose interest, in terms of writing quality, was that they spent the entire first seaosn building up an attaction between James and Kara, had them finally get together at the end, and then *poof* season 2 drops that subplot like a hot potato. It's like they realized they'd written themselves into a corner by putting these two characters together and had nowhere else to go, so they just undid it. They should have either built it up longer, or not done it at all then.

I got out before the political pandering got bad, so I have no comment on that here.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens

Return to “TV Shows”