Thoughts on Genesis

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
redflameent
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Genesis 2:15 "And the Lord God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.)"

Notice that God didn"t take just any of His creation's, but "Ha-Adham", the man Adam, to take care of the garden of Eden.

Genesis 2:16 "And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, "of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:"

God supplied all the trees for the enjoyment and nourishment of Adam. There were no limits placed on Adam, except for one.

Genesis 2:17 "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

Verse seventeen is an extension to verse sixteen, and sets the only conditional limit to what Adam could do. The" tree of the knowledge of good and evil" is Satan, and he represents that evil tree today, just as he did in the garden of Eden. Tradition has so distorted this verse that most Christians today believe it was an actual tree spoken of, and in fact they will even tell you it was an apple tree. They do this in ignorance because they have not studied God's Word.

The "trees" are symbols for people, and the Bible has identified them. The three trees talked about in verses sixteen and seventeen are the "Knowledge" [Satan], which was man's ruin; The "cross" in which I Peter 2:24 sets the way for man's redemption; and "The Tree of Life" which is Christ, and offers man's regeneration.

"In the day that thou eatest" gives us the key to understand man's physical span of life. For Peter gives us the key to this understanding in II Peter 3:8; "But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day." No man has ever exceeded the thousand year period, not even "Methuselah" who lived "nine hundred sixty and nine years: and he died." [Genesis 5:27]

This is the verse that Satan misquotes to Eve, and when questioned by God, and Eve likewise misquotes it back to God. [Genesis 3:3] God told Adam that the day he touches Satan, "thou shalt surely die". And later, after the fact, Eve is repeating it back to God; "God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die." Just a little half truth. However Satan takes it one step beyond in verse four; "And the serpent said unto the woman, "Ye shall not surely die:" Then Eve believed Satan's lie. We will get deeper into this in the next chapter.

Genesis 2:18 "And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him."

"That the man" refers to a particular man; Adam (eth-ha-adham). This sets Adam apart from the other races created on the sixth day creation. The term "help meet" in the Hebrew text, should be translated "as his counterpart".

Genesis 2:19 "And out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof."

These creatures that God created and brought to Adam, are what we would call domestic animals, or farm animals. God does things in a natural way, and the nature and reason for Adam's [Ha-adham's] existence was to till the soil [farming], so we see the need for these animals existed.

So let's review the order of the creation physical life on earth to this point:

First came the trees, grass, and plant life; followed by the fish and the fowl [birds] on the fourth day.

Second in the order God, created the beasts of the field, or the wild animals on the fifth day.

Third in the order of creation came male and female, all the races except for Adam {eth-Ha-Adham}, and this was done on the sixth day.

Fourth in the order of God's creation was the time on the seventh day for rest.

Fifth in the order of God's creation, on the eighth day [or a time beyond] God formed Adam, [eth-Ha-adham] to till the soil.

The last order of the creation to this point is the creation of all domestic animals, for the use by Adam, and his naming of them.

Genesis 2:20 "And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him."

So though the races had their male and female counterparts, God has given only the domestic animals, and no wife to Adam.. Remember, God's order for His creation was "kind after kind". In the term; "..there was not found an help meet for him", indicates that God never intended for the mixing of the races. This is why "there was not found" a wife for Adam. There is no documentation which spells out the method of God's creation for the other races, and whatever is said is pure speculation; However, all the races are God's children, and God loves all his children.

Genesis 2:21 "And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;"

Adam was made in the image of God, and the angels, however, Adam is about to have surgery to change something." Does this mean that man is one rib short? Of course not. The word "rib" in the Hebrew text is "Tsela", and Strong's Dictionary numbers it # 6763, from the prime root, # 6760; "to curve".

What that surgery was, has as many answers as there is people guessing. However, we know that Eve was formed from Adam by the use of surgery.

Genesis 2:22 "And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man."

We know the man in this verse is Adam, because verse twenty two is part of verse twenty one. God set this woman apart from all other women living then, that were formed through the sixth day creation. It will be through this woman that the Christ child would come [be born], and from her daughters.

The documentation connecting Eve [this woman] and the Christ child is given in Luke 3:23-38. The only way your soul will obtain eternal life is through that Christ child, and through His shed blood on the cross, and our repentance and acceptance of Him .

Genesis 2:23 "And Adam said, "This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

There were no women in the world that was [the first earth age], for all souls were the same in the first earth age. The same angelic body form that the angels have in this earth age, is the form that our souls had in the first earth age. There were no females, for all souls of that age are referred to as "sons", or in the masculine sense, by God.

My personal opinion is that God took the stronger souls and put them in the female bodies, because the can take a lot more pain then men, through childbirth.

Genesis 2:24 "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh."

When a man and woman replenishes the earth, they both become one flesh through their offspring. Spiritually they are one flesh anyway, for "what God has brought together, let no man put asunder". The greatest gift that God gave to man, was a woman to be his helpmate.

Genesis 2:25 "And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed."

Why were they not ashamed? They had not met the snake yet. They had not partaken of the person known as "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil", and the world knows him as Satan.

To continue into Genesis and get the full understanding of what happened in the garden of Eden, you have to go into the Hebrew Text. That understanding has had a bearing on all mankind, and even effects prophecy in these final days. It requires a concordance which is numbered to the Hebrew dictionary. This will allow you to take the Hebrew words, and concepts back to the prime root meaning. Strong's Exhaustive concordance with Hebrew and Greek dictionary is probably the best study tool on the market today.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
This is boring.

Hey Kenny, wanna go ride bikes?!
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Drewsov
CCGR addict
But seriously, you're double posting, you're making massive walls of text, and you still haven't answered Kenny's questions or Chozon's concerns, all of which were valid.

In your quest for the truth... you're inventing stuff. Or doing unmitigated copypasta. Either way, it's hard to read.

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
redflameent wrote:What that surgery was, has as many answers as there is people guessing. However, we know that Eve was formed from Adam by the use of surgery.
It was a baculum removal
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Orodrist wrote:
redflameent wrote:What that surgery was, has as many answers as there is people guessing. However, we know that Eve was formed from Adam by the use of surgery.
It was a baculum removal
So THAT explains why Eve needed to use the serpent.

Orodrist
CCGR addict
Drewsov wrote:
Orodrist wrote:
It was a baculum removal
So THAT explains why Eve needed to use the serpent.
idk, it's just a bone, really, I doubt he would've had that weak a heart.

Pretty much just serves the purpose of a bipod on a rifle anyhow.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Orodrist wrote:
idk, it's just a bone, really, I doubt he would've had that weak a heart.

Pretty much just serves the purpose of a bipod on a rifle anyhow.
I brought it back around, Oro. You missed it. And thus, I am disappoint.

Orodrist
CCGR addict
I couldn't resist the bipod crack. It just fit too well.

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
/

Face.

Palm.
redflameent
Noob
Noob
I don't even know why I try.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Typically, redflame, there needs to be a bit of give-take in a discussion. What this thread became was not a discussion, but a lecture.

The main draw of having a discussion, particularly of discussing this subject, is that hopefully both parties can learn something from each other. However, because this was not really a discussion, it seems that one party is set in their beliefs and is hoping to argue the point by unleashing an onslaught of long wall-of-text styled posts.

There's no desire by anyone here to crush your thoughts or your arguments or your ideas, no matter how wrong some of us may believe them to be or how much some of us may disagree with them. Despite that and because of the way the thread went for your last few posts, it seemed that you were displaying an unwillingness to learn from others and only a desire to teach your own beliefs, which seem to be set in stone.

That is hardly healthy Bible-based discussion or study.

Feel free to continue to bring up your points and analyze text, but understand that it's far better to do so in a way that's less lecture-like and more discussion-based.

ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
kendrik did ask for the notes....

the 1000 day theroystill makes me wonder this...if each day of Genesis represented 1000 years does that mean that God rested for 1000 years on the 7th day? That just doesn't make sense
redflameent
Noob
Noob
ccgr wrote:kendrik did ask for the notes....
So that's what I gave him. I have done an extensive but exhaustive study in Genesis. At least the first 10 chapters. I am still working on compiling my notes for the rest. If I decise to continue maybe I will do less verses at a time.
Drewsov
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote:kendrik did ask for the notes....
I just reread all of Kenny's posts in this thread, and I don't see him asking for those notes anywhere. I see him asking for redflame to explain his thoughts on gap theory. I see Kenny debunking the initial discussion. But I don't see any requests for notes, or anything that would spawn the long meandering lecture that redflame was giving.

So I'll say again: Let's try to have a discussion, because... reading a bunch of reinterpretative notes isn't stimulating, nor is it anything but lecturing. No one grows from that.

lukee123321
Noob
Noob
This is a long book. My first thought is that the trinity shows up in the first few sentences.