Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
TV Crime dramas?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
So unfortunately the album version of this isn't available on YouTube, but you might still enjoy this live-in-a-studio version:

Also, you get to see how these guys work live, which is pretty cool on its own.

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
RedPlums wrote:TV Crime dramas?
Ew. No. Die in a fire. Two, if I can afford the gasoline.

I used to be a big fan of them...now, I'd almost rather shoot myself in the foot than watch most of them. :P

I still watch NCIS, as I am fond of the characters. But I could live without it, honestly. It's mostly because the other people in my house like it.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: So unfortunately the album version of this isn't available on YouTube, but you might still enjoy this live-in-a-studio version:

Also, you get to see how these guys work live, which is pretty cool on its own.

Thoughts?
First...So. Many. Buttons. :O @_@ I can't even. I had trouble with my little 12-key midi board.

Secondly. Intense, but in a good way. ^_^ I enjoyed it. I feel like I need to dance.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Orbital is pretty good at that.

Ok, shifting it up a little bit, here’s a song from 1983, some really early electronic music.

Thoughts?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
sudden car troubles in the middle of winter?
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Orbital is pretty good at that.

Ok, shifting it up a little bit, here’s a song from 1983, some really early electronic music.

Thoughts?
Honestly? That the sound bite was so disturbing that the song could have been life changing, and I wouldn't have liked it. XD

That is, ironically, why I don't do crime dramas. XD
RedPlums wrote:sudden car troubles in the middle of winter?
I'm kinda torn, actually. Given my southern habitation, they can actually be easier to fix than in summer. It's harder to fix an engine when it keeps spontaneously setting on fire due to the flaming sunlight blazing down upon you.

Winter wise, it's usually like...20-40 degrees. So aside from the inevitable knuckle cuts and bumps hurting 27 times worse, it's not really any more difficult, and can be easier.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Well, thanks for rubbing that in my face... :wink:

Having to work evenings when you always work mornings?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I guess I can see that, but I like it a lot anyway. >_>

Here’s another Orbital track, from the same studio session as the last one I showed you:

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
RedPlums wrote: Well, thanks for rubbing that in my face... :wink:

Having to work evenings when you always work mornings?
Wait a month or two and ask me about sudden car repairs in summer. Yes, I said that right. A month or two, it'll probably be hitting 90 on some days. -_-

I've been pleasantly surprised with the amount of snow we've gotten this year, though.

Ew. No. Also something that should die in a fire. Though truthfully, nights are easier than days for me. It's the shift changes/shift stacking that kills me.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: I guess I can see that, but I like it a lot anyway. >_>

Here’s another Orbital track, from the same studio session as the last one I showed you:

Thoughts?
That one was amazing. ^_^ Favorite so far.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
I know! Plus sometimes you just don't want to work with the people that work the opposite shift.

Fruity flavored/scented candles?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'm glad you like it. It's a really nice song. Here's the latest song Orbital released, have a listen.

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
RedPlums wrote: I know! Plus sometimes you just don't want to work with the people that work the opposite shift.

Fruity flavored/scented candles?
Sometimes you don't want to work with some of the people on your own shift. :P

Ew. No. Die in a...garbage can, sealed inside of a plastic bag. For this problem, fire is not the answer.

My mom has migraines, which are frequently triggered by scents. Especially those of a synthetic/processed nature (such as is present in candles, perfumes, man perfumes, and cleaners), so to me...to walk into a room full of scent--however nice--is anathema, as it means my mom will shortly be in a lot of pain.

Combine that with my own lung/asthma issues, and I'm generally good to avoid contact with stanky things. :P

There are a few exceptions to this rule, but for the most part our house/car smells like what it wants to smell like. No comment further. XD
Deepfreeze32 wrote: I'm glad you like it. It's a really nice song. Here's the latest song Orbital released, have a listen.

Thoughts?
I liked it. Strangely hypnotic, but still very good. It's probably one of the few times I can accept random vocalizations as being a legitimate song. XD I liked it a lot, actually.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
So I've been plinking around with making music on a computer (I bought a MIDI controller and it came with Ableton Live, which I am using). I am woefully deficient in "understanding" music (other than the intuition I have with "this sounds good" vs "this sounds rubbish"). I don't suppose you have any good resources for understanding some of the "nitty gritty" of music better? XD
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
So depressing.

Why did you feel the need to single out 'man perfumes'?

The image i get when i read that is little, tiny men being sprayed out of a bottle.
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote: So I've been plinking around with making music on a computer (I bought a MIDI controller and it came with Ableton Live, which I am using). I am woefully deficient in "understanding" music (other than the intuition I have with "this sounds good" vs "this sounds rubbish"). I don't suppose you have any good resources for understanding some of the "nitty gritty" of music better? XD
I don't, actually. :\ That was my main issue in using FL Studio. I had plenty of resources and a controller...but no idea what to do with any of it.

You could always listen to your favorite electronic tracks and use your ear to dissemble them into their component parts, and try replicating those parts within Ableton. Thing is, especially with electronic music, I think intuition probably plays more of a role than formula in traditional instruments.

I could be wrong.
RedPlums wrote: So depressing.

Why did you feel the need to single out 'man perfumes'?

The image i get when i read that is little, tiny men being sprayed out of a bottle.
I love that image, and I am going to hang onto it. XD

Chozon Rule number 57: Never let slip an opportunity to disparage cologne, body spray, or "aftershave" that is feminine perfume relabeled for men. >_>

Say what you will about the various formulas and scent profiles brewed for the separate genders: cologne is perfume for men. It just is. Manly aftershave containing nothing beneficial for the skin or anti-razor burn? Perfume. Deodorant that smells like synthetic stink but doesn't halt sweat? Perfume. Body sprays? Perfume.

I'm probably biased--and definitely vindictive. :P --for the aforementioned reasons, but come on. If someone is wearing so much perfume--I will not allow any man to try and make it masculine it by calling it cologne--I can taste them when they walk by...it's a problem. And humorously, guys are--nine times out of ten--far worse about this than women.

This. This long, drawn out, Doofenshmirtz-esque backstory...is why I singled out man perfume. :lol: