Daniel Predicted Jesus' Coming To Jerusalem To the Day!

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I found this out last week in a Bible Study, and found this utterly astounding. I've read through so many apologetics books and study guides and listened to so many sermons over the years, it's hard for me to believe this was never mentioned as this is not well-known among Christians, because this is astonishing:

In Daniel 9:25 (the full relevant passage is Daniel 9:24-27), the angel Gabriel speaks to Daniel: "From the going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince, there shall be seven weeks and 62 weeks."

The "going forth of the command to restore and build Jerusalem" is the decree in Nehemiah 2:1 in "the month of Nisan, in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes". Going by extrabiblical sources, we know that Artaxerxes gained the throne in 465 B.C. Therefore, the decree mentioned in Nehemiah 2:1 is given in Nisan 1, 445 B.C. Converted to our current calendar system, this is March 14, 445 B.C.

Now, reading into the passage it is clear that the weeks are not actual weeks, as things such as the building up of the temple are done that were not done in a mere week. Rather, "a week" in the context of this passage means 7 years. Furthermore, a year in those days was not the same as our current days; rather an average year was only 360 days, with 12 months of 30 days each. (They made up for it with a "leap month" every several years, but the normal year had 360 days.) Therefore, in this prophecy, 1 week=7 years=360 x7 days= 2,520 days.

(Don't worry, I'm almost done.) So, the total number of weeks given by Gabriel is 69 weeks. Since each week is 7 years, this is equivalent to 483 Hebrew years. 483 years of 360 days= 173,880 days.

Here's the most amazing part: If you add 173,880 days to March 14, 445 B.C, you end up with the date April 6th, 32 A.D. by our calendar. This is Passover Sunday when Jesus was in Jerusalem (remember, our dating system of Jesus' birth is slightly off-- also, there is no year 0, in our modern calendar it goes right from 1 B.C. to 1 A.D.).

So in Daniel is predicted to the day when Jesus would ride into Jerusalem! There are some amazing prophecies in the Bible, but I found this one just to be especially incredible, so I thought I'd share because I never knew this before.

A more complete explanation I found here (though this is not where I found this information in the first place) https://endtimestruth.com/israel/calcul ... f-messiah/ There's also some end-times stuff later, but the relevant stuff I just mentioned is covered within the first few paragraphs.

God is amazing!
Last updated March 13th
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Pretty cool! Thanks for sharing!