We Need More Threads in this Subforum

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
C'mon guys! I only have to count down like 3 threads before there are ones that haven't been active in over a year.

It's a gaming site but the word "Christian" appears before "gamer." Surely there are scriptural things we can discuss!
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Well, in fairness that's the case in most of the forums. It seems like there's 4-5 regulars and then others who only post in the review forum and people who come in and post 15 posts to get on the Minecraft server and then don't come on again. I kinda wish this forum was more populated too but it is what it is.

If I ever have a real meaningful spiritual question I think of I'll post it here, but I was part of a Ratio Christi group in college and am part of a bible study group at church (plus I just read a lot of apologetics stuff) so if there's a question that was itching at me for a while I've likely already talked about it a lot with someone.
Last updated March 13th
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Truth be told, our discord server is more active and people tend to prefer real time chat vs the old forum discussions
J.K. Riki
ccgr wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 4:52 am people tend to prefer real time chat vs the old forum discussions
Not sure who that is, but I am definitely not one of those people you refer to, personally. I find chatting on Discord rather empty and not nearly as deeply engaging. Real time chat is nice, but you don't get to dig into the meat of things in nearly the same way, especially when more than four people are speaking at once.
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Yeah, I don't like live-chatting. I like to really think about what I'm going to say before I say it.
Last updated March 13th
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Beastbot wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:06 am Yeah, I don't like live-chatting. I like to really think about what I'm going to say before I say it.
Same here. My mind (like any typical introvert) needs some time to process what I hear before I can formulate an answer and sometimes by the time I have a relevant thing to say, the conversation has moved on.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ArcticFox wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:41 pm
Same here. My mind (like any typical introvert) needs some time to process what I hear before I can formulate an answer and sometimes by the time I have a relevant thing to say, the conversation has moved on.
Agreed. I find I communicate much more effectively when I have a "backspace" key. :wink:

It's probably also why I loathe telephones.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
You can edit and delete in discord :P

It was funny today Jason accidentally typed his work computer's password into discord,not once, but twice!
VeronicaB
Noob
Noob
I agree. This is an amazing idea
IBJamon
Site Admin
Site Admin
Most discussion does indeed happen on Discord these days. I am there most of the time and it's a great way to get a hold of me.
BryanOnAPC
Noob
Noob
ArcticFox wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:41 pm Same here. My mind (like any typical introvert) needs some time to process what I hear before I can formulate an answer and sometimes by the time I have a relevant thing to say, the conversation has moved on.
While I do like live-chat, my problem with forums in the past is exactly this. By the time I get around to formulating my thoughts and typing out my response, The conversation has moved on or in so many other directions that what I have to post almost becomes irrelevant.