Your Top 3 Bible Books

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
J.K. Riki
Just enjoying some Bible Study lately and I wondered what were other folks' top books? It's always fun to hear what speaks to people, particularly at where ever they are in their life. (I expect like me your favorites change as you study and learn.)

For me, in no particular order:

James - Though I need to study it more, James contains some of my favorite verses, and it speaks to me that there is work to be done here, and while that work doesn't save, it is what proves one's claims about being saved.

Habakkuk - Perhaps an odd one but a current special book to me. Habakkuk at times feels like it was written in just the last few years.It is a showcase that what has afflicted us (namely US) is not so new. Also the name Habakkuk is awesome, and I used it for my horse in Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Perhaps a silly reason to put it high on my Top Books list, but whatever, sometimes you just want to let the heart have fun.

Job - The Masterclass of Christian theology, as I currently see it. Revelations may come at the end, but for me Job has always seemed to be the End All book that once you grasp with heart and mind, everything just clicks.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
My favorite is Proverbs as many of the verses would be awesome in fortune cookies.

Romans is great for evangelism, and then probably Job which is good to read if you think you're having a bad day.
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Psalms-- Lots of very eloquent passages-- you'll find something that speaks to your mood no matter what mood you're in. Also great illustrations of how to praise God.

Hebrews-- If there was one book in the Bible I'd give to someone wondering what Christianity is all about (assuming they at least knew who Jesus was), it'd be this one. (I know, "what about the Gospels?", but a lot of those passages are relatively "commentary-free" and more simply a historical telling, and some can be confusing without outside help.) Hebrews stands pretty well on its own.

Genesis-- The beginning and the end of the book in particular. There's also definitely some things "missing" (whether intentional or simply lost over time) in the first several chapters (what about Satan's rebellion? The Nephilim come out of nowhere, etc.), which I love speculating about.

Honorable Mentions: John, Romans, Matthew

Also-- and this certainly isn't a swing at the guy-- but whenever I hear "Habbukuk" I think of someone choking. :D
Last updated March 13th
J.K. Riki
Lol it does sound like a choking noise, ha ha.
sunsplace
Noob
Noob
Proverbs are so nice to read and so true!
Psalms are always good to read
And than Ruth because my real name is in this book :D