So I'm playing Witcher 3...

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
And I'm kind of divided in terms of whether I'd recommend it.

On the one hand, that game is FUN. I mean it's the most fun RPG I've played in a long, long time and that's considering I recently played through Fallout 4 and Mass Effect: Andromeda.

On the other hand... This game is NOT for the kiddies. CCGR did a review on it and after reading it I decided that I'd give the game a try as long as I could avoid the stronger content, and for the most part you can... at least so far as I've progressed through the game. It isn't perfect and there have been bits of nudity that cannot be avoided, but it's not as bad as some folks have said... so far at least. Dunno yet what's in the future.

Anyone else played this? What kind of fighting style are you using?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
You already know my stance. ;) I don't even remember the fighting style I used, I haven't gone back to the game since the review....currently playing Divinity Original Sin II and that game is fun too...not as bad sexually though my female character character gets hit on by ladies a lot. Stay tuned for that review soon ;)
Manthis
Noob
Noob
So I've been wanting this game for a while and every time it's on sale on steam I'm so tempted. But just all the stuff in it that like you said makes it not for the kiddoes makes me wonder if its really worth playing. I'll have to give the review a look ccg!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
I beat Witcher3 and I have to say I really liked it, but unfortunately there's enough unavoidable nudity that I can't recommend the game.

That said, there's one instance of it that I think you can avoid (not sure) but I probably wouldn't, because...
Spoiler:
There's a moment when you're tracking a serial killer down and you receive information that he's at a nearby brothel and will probably kill again. You rush to the location and kick down the door in time to see a guy torturing a young woman (prostitute) and she's nude. It is not a sexy moment at all but the awesome part is it's one of the few times in the game where you really get to feel like a hero. The game allows you to leave and let the sadistic maniac continue, but that makes the choice to stop him all the more satisfying. The game story doesn't make you save the woman, you choose to do that on your own. That taps into the thing that makes us love super heroes and larger than life characters. When they come in and save the day, and tell us "It's going to be okay."

You get to do that.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Did you play the expansions? They are well worth playing if you enjoyed the main campaign. Hearts of Stone had a really good story (better than the main story IMO) and Blood and Wine (I might be messing up the titles) added a lot of cool stuff and a huge new area, and capped off Geralt’s story nicely. I don’t remember them being any worse as far as nudity and what not than the rest of the game but it’s been awhile since I played.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Bruce_Campbell wrote: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:41 am Did you play the expansions? They are well worth playing if you enjoyed the main campaign. Hearts of Stone had a really good story (better than the main story IMO) and Blood and Wine (I might be messing up the titles) added a lot of cool stuff and a huge new area, and capped off Geralt’s story nicely. I don’t remember them being any worse as far as nudity and what not than the rest of the game but it’s been awhile since I played.
No I haven't played them, but I have heard nothing but good stuff about them so I'm very tempted. Normally I prefer to just play a new game rather than do expansions, but that's not to say they're never worthwhile. Which should I start with?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Start with Hearts of Stone. The level requirement for both expansions is high enough that you'll want to hang on to your post game save from the main campaign (although there is an option to start a new game with a barebones version of Geralt at a high level if you don't have your save). Hearts of Stone is a side story best played very late game or post game, Blood and Wine is meant to be played last.

I don't want to say much about the story of either because they're both great, but I will say that Hearts of Stone takes a minor character from very early in the game that you may have forgotten (I did) and creates an entire story around them. I think you'll like it, and I'm interested in hearing your thoughts (and on the main campaign as well).

I'm glad you're a fan of the game. It was one of the games I bought with my PS4 a couple years ago, and it's probably my favorite game I have on the system (which is saying something). I always recommend it to my gamer friends, and everyone I know who has played it really enjoyed it. But it's definitely not for the kiddies.
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Thanks for the info!
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens