Ask Helpful

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
That_Helpful_Guy
Eh, whatever. Let's see where this leads. Ask away, my friends and acquaintances and people I don't know at all.

WARNING: I come from a family that discusses theological/political views whenever we get together just about, so if you ask about those, my answer will most likely be in detail and somewhat long.

WARNING: I am considered a nerd/geek by friends, which means you will most likely get some odd answers on some things, but some over-informative answers on other things.

Blessings,
That_Helpful_Guy

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Role-Playing Resume:
Has impersonated a dead deer with telepathy
Has scared the daylights out of people with telepathy
Has gotten pay lowered and raised within the same day due to telepathy
Starfire11
If you could change places with any person alive for a day, who would it be? :lol: :lol:
(Thanks Comotto)

-starfire11 :D
That_Helpful_Guy
Hmm... That's tough. If I were skilled/talented enough to do the stuff they do, it might very well be one of the members of Clamavi de Profundis. I can't sing worth squat, but I love hearing their music. "Beneath Amon Hen I heard him cry; there many foes he fought..." "Rex meus et Deus, Rex meus Deus meus." "The world was young, the mountains green..." Got a little caught up there... [emoji5]

Role-Playing Resume:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
How do you prefer your french fries: Spiced, or just salted?
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Do you think think that the United Federation of Planets (Star Trek) would be able to fend off the Galactic Empire (Star Wars)?
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Favorite thing to do?
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
That_Helpful_Guy
@ Chozon1
Spiced. In my opinion, Checkers/Rally's fries are the best, but Arby's has some good fries too.

@ ZanySauce
I want so badly to say the Federation could fend off the Empire, but honestly, the two Sith alone could probably kill most of the Federation. Of course, this isn't taking into account how the Force would transfer over into the Star Trek universe. Theoretically, the Force should be more difficult to use on Star Trek characters due to the Force's absence. It'd be like the... *can't remember species name* who are actually Force-resistant. If the Klingons stepped in, the Federation would stand a better chance. If the Romulans threw their lot in with the Federation, even better. If the Borg or Q showed up...

@ JesusIsLord713
Gonna clarify these are my favourite "non-religious" activities beforehand, seeing as the delight you get from each is different. Reading a good book is always enjoyable, as is sitting down to a good videogame, and playing/listening to music is totally awesome. However, I think two things trump those. Playing tabletop roleplaying games (D&D, Pathfinder, MERP, etc.) and having geeky discussions with my friends. Well, I suppose those could be summed up by saying doing geeky stuff with friends. Heh, we've played games of Dejarik, the space-chess from Star Wars: Episode IV. I built our set myself, actually.

Keep the questions coming. This is actually quite fun.

Role-Playing Resume:
Kwan
Are you human?: Yes!
LARPing?
That_Helpful_Guy
@ Kwan
I desperately want to at some point. I have tried to design a LARPing system for use at parties, but I haven't succeeded yet. If you have any ideas, let me know!

Role-Playing Resume:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Oh wow. I love that question about Star Wars/Star Trek. I could write a dissertation on it, I think. XD

So. Which is your preferred RPG system? Not just 'best ever' as I realize that's probably impossible...but most favorite, I guess. I love the idea of RPG's, but I've never managed to get a group together.
That_Helpful_Guy
@ Chozon1
Well, I've come back to D&D 3.5e time and time again because it works well. Aside from it, two homebrew systems stand out in my mind. One of them is pure awesomeness because you can get video-gamey weapons, and spellcasting was easy yet powerful. The other was a steampunk system that allowed for heavy customisation of your character. It also was incredibly intense when it came to actually roleplaying.

Our group is play-by-email mostly, but we've played by voice chat before too. That's because our members are spread across Florida, Alabama, and Kansas.

Role-Playing Resume:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Cool. I've downloaded the free rules for the newest edition and perused them, and I have some latent experience of 2nd through the old Icewind Dale games...3.5 I don't know anything about.

Bethesda games?
That_Helpful_Guy
@ Chozon1
Only real experience with them is with ES5: Skyrim, which is awesome. After playing that, I'd be willing to give any others a shot.

Role-Playing Resume:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Morrowind is my favorite, but I haven't played Skyrim yet. Played Oblivion though.

Polenta?
That_Helpful_Guy
I've had good, and I've had bad. The good is pretty decent, though.

Role-Playing Resume: