Is this how we all should think/feel/live? Do we?

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
I've seen it hither and yon, hardly left or right but always near the bottom of a post a certain signature that kinda catches my eye as I personally go through an issue of attacks from our mutual enemy. I've seen it many times before but somehow it caught me hard-core:
RedPlums's Signature wrote: Romans 8:38 & 39
"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord."
I am at a point where I could take these issues of attacks from Satan and focus on them in prayer. Why should I if I am not worried about it? Oh trust me, I do pray. I pray a lot.
My statement doesn't come from "total reliance" of what I am convinced in. It comes from "total reliance" of my faith. I personally would have written it "For I have faith that neither..." and the intent of his words as HE wrote it would not have fully been portrayed. MY way of wording it would focus on Jesus, which isn't a bad thing truly, but I would have (in some minds) taken away some of the power Jesus had, has and will have over those things mentioned.

So how far do we take this verse? You heard one of my points of view, let's hear yours...
...You're next!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
the way I look at it is that God has made his move and demonstrated His love for us. The ball is in our court and if we want to reach out to Him to receive His grace, God's not going to stop it from happening.