What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse?

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Coals_of_fire
Noob
Noob
my favorite verse is

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Are you human?: Not likely
Phillipianes 4:13, "For I can do all things through christ who strengthen me" :) :mrgreen: :D its also my signature lol! :)

:)
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o CCGR forum moderator.
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
1 Peter 1:13 (Authorized King James Version)
Wherefore Gird up the loins of your mind, be sober,
and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought
unto you ate the revelation of Jesus Christ.
dozer511
Noob
Noob
The Bible says "God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son [Jesus Christ], that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life" (John 3:16)
Woiv
Minecraft Server Admin
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

o CCGR forum moderator.
lukee123321
Noob
Noob
my name is lukee123321. I like Romans 8
Webkins1
Noob
Noob
I like Romans 8:1 Is says "There is therefor no comdemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." :D
DorcasFrog
Noob
Noob
I like to think I am growing like a flower to get closer to God.

2 Peter 3:18 - But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and forever! Amen.
J.K. Riki
James 1:2-5

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. 5 If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

Specifically James 1:2, but the rest is helpful too. :) It's like this bite-sized version of the answer to "Why are we here" to me, and quite useful to keep in mind during both times of sunshine and rain.
TortugaDM
Noob
Noob
I think that there are just too many to choose one favorite. (I'm noticing a trend in myself that I just don't have a 'solid' favorite of anything). But, I can narrow it down to a couple go-to books that I spend most of my time studying. Anything written by John for starters. The guy was an artist and a poet and most people can't even tell. Proverbs is another great one, followed closely by Isaiah, Joel, and Zechariah.
Blaze116
Noob
Noob
Psalm 51 or james 1 19
project312
Noob
Noob
Maybe Philippians 3:13-14 KJV

Philippians 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

Philippians 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

These verses helped save my life
Comotto
Woiv wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:39 pm Phillipianes 4:13, "For I can do all things through christ who strengthen me" :) :mrgreen: :D its also my signature lol! :)

:)
Shame on you Woiv no capital 'C' on Christ! :( Mine is ACTS 2:44

CARZ
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
I haven't narrowed down mine to one verse, but my favorite chapter as a whole is Romans 14. It's about the danger of being too critical and accepting others beliefs. :)
AKA ZanyAmoeba :mrgreen:

Ask Amoeba is now officially defunct. Sorry :(

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
Barnabaas
Noob
Noob
Phil 2:1

I think it's all the best things Jesus has to offer about following him!!

Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion

He goes on in verse two to ask us to do something really important. It's neat though how He motivates us. It's the best things anyone would ever want to hear.
(I'm with you)
(I love is here and now)
(I care for you)

spoken over and over to us!