Favorite opening title sequence, anyone?

Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Just had the idea of this thread, so here it is!

What show(s) do you think has the best opening title sequence? Why?

Since I can't really decide on one, here's a couple.

1). Game of Thrones

The music is fitting, and the visuals are stunning. The brilliantly-executed world-within-a-sphere concept involves cities emerging like clockwork mechanisms, and there are slight variations from episode to episode to indicate changes in the world. While that last bit mostly will appeal to fans, you don't have to even like Game of Thrones (Which I don't think many here do. :P ) to love this title sequence.

2). Warehouse 13

Excellent theme music sets the tone, while visual clues show us what the show is about. Ancient imagery interspersed with shots of the present, and the occasional hint of darkness (Such as blood on the tip of the pen) clue us in to the fact that this show deals with dangerous artifacts. The thematic use of crates clues us in to the storage aspect of the show, with glimpses at the steampunk-style tech Warehouse agents use. All in all, it's an excellent opener. It should be noted that in later seasons, they scaled the running time significantly back to mostly just a title card and opted to show credits during the opening of the show.

3). Battlestar Galactica (2004)

Over the haunting introduction music, we are introduced to a visual recap of the miniseries pilot. We see the 12 colonies (Specifically Caprica), and how they fell. The swearing-in of Laura Roslin, and how humanity was forced to flee the colonies and search for a new home elsewhere. And then a driving gallop kicks in, with short flash-previews of what's to come. It's an excellent introduction to an excellent series.

Honorable mentions:

Babylon 5.

I would have included it here, but I have a hard time picking which season I'd want to use. Also, the intro changes from season to season in pretty significant ways. Ways that are (In season 5's case) kinda spoilery. So I don't want to spoil this for anyone. :P

The Twilight Zone.

Enough said.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Babylon 5.

I would have included it here, but I have a hard time picking which season I'd want to use. Also, the intro changes from season to season in pretty significant ways. Ways that are (In season 5's case) kinda spoilery. So I don't want to spoil this for anyone. :P
This is my favorite of the B5 openers (Season 5). You would really have had to be watching the show to appreciate it, and if you had, it sends chills.

Second favorite (Season 4):
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
I love the Game of Thrones opener (not to mention the series and A Song of Ice and Fire. oh man, the latest episode...). One of those intros that make me irrationally happy.

Like some of the following:

The Doctor Who theme is deeply rooted in my psyche. I love it with every fiber of my being.

I like most of the Star Trek intros, but this one has the most nostalgic value for me.

There are much more, from The Simpsons to American Horror Story to Pushing Daisies, but I'll finish with quite possible my favorite, the Twilight Zone.

Complete with Rod Serling intro narration.
Even above Morgan Freeman, I want him narrating my life.
Stroke of genius, I'm getting his narration as my morning alarm, alternating with the Lion King's BASVENYAH.

Man, I love the Twilight Zone.

Okay, fine, and yes, Hercules, too, complete with homoerotic overtones.

Actually, I'll have to list more later, like QI and IT Crowd.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
From opening theme songs here are my two votes

both have glimpses of women in need of clothes
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
You know Arch, I was thinking of putting up Voyager myself. I love that one most of all, because it's got the best visuals of all the intros, and the music really fits the feel of the epic journey.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens