ROA: Part 2. Among the Ashes of a New World.

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
Guy
Spoiler:
The warrior swings to find only air and then a sudden burst of magic kinetic energy smacks into him. Guy blacks out and collapses to the ground.

Blinking in and out of consciousness Guy sees the ground and his legs dragging behind him through the dirt of the arena. He is forced onto his knees with Rhel by his side. Looking up he sees the Necromantic King arrayed in all of his unholy darkness, standing in front of his throne. Through the haze, Guy can feel the clawed hand of his friend rest on his shoulder offering what little reassurance he can to his fallen friend and ally while praying for their rescue.

"The Broken Saint is now broken before me." The laugh is booming but piercing, "I am, however a merciful king," venom drips from his words.

"I have much use for pets such as these. My people, what should be his fate?"

In unison the crowd begins to chant mixed messages. Some with a desire of blood lust asking for the lives of the defeated while others, true fans, cry out for mercy a mercy that knows only enslavement.

With a hand raised, the crowd goes silent. "So be it, the people have decided. You will meet your end here. Die with honor"

The northerner forces Guy's head lower while the blindfolded fighter forces Rhel's. The axe rises and falls and in these last moments Guy recalls one name. Livia.

The carpet is old and worn and carries a musty smell. Humid is the air but the hall itself is dark though light shines on him...a pure light. The sound of the gurgle snaps Guy into a focus.

**He saved us....** Rhel whispers through his mind while gasping for breath. **The Star Father...**

Sandals. The rough toes of a man, a man standing next to guy and Rhel. Looking up, he sees a broad looking dwarf arrayed in glory, clothed in gold robes fashioned with a bronze breast plate.

"No," His voice is deep and with it carrying the weight of authority as though creation itself wove through his words, "I did."

The man's eyes fill Guy with hope and fire. "I yet have purpose for you Guy deLyonesse so your fate will not end just yet."

The man fades from reality and the darkness of the building fills the hallway where the two. Guy passes out, succumbing to his wounds.

With a bowl of soup in hand the old man walks around the corner to find a man barely clothed and a creature he hasn't seen before.

"By the toe nails of St Cuthbert, who are you?"

Guy's eyes slowly crack open to see the kind face of an older human man. His face is clean shaven and his robes are tattered and worn but clean.

"It's good that you are coming too, you had me worried young man. I thought that my connection to the divine may have been stifled and your wounds wouldn't heal"

A muffled but familiar voice can be heard through the walls. "Hello? I come as a friend on behalf of Ehlonna. I would like to speak with the High Priest of St. Cuthbert please."
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Livia
Spoiler:
As she turns to leave, a strange voice enters her mind. **Guy deLyonesse** The image of the man Livia knew so long ago flashes through her thoughts with the compelling urge to continue into the rundown house/temple.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Crimson/Winthrop/Kratimos
Spoiler:
((You are all fully healed though a little worn out from present activities.))

The hour is late and the party continues as they share their adventures. Anna Loretta is asleep with her head on the bench next to Kratimos. The servants have turned in for the evening though the ale tap is still left for the part to help themselves.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
GM / Crimson / Kratimos
Spoiler:
After the filling meal, Trip stands from the table and stretches. He reaches down and plucks up his fiddle and bow. He draws the bow across the strings and plays a gentle, soothing lullabye.

((Wish I could find something on YouTube to share here, but I couldn't find anything I liked.))

After the last notes of the song fade, Trip hides a yawn behind his hand. "I know I've had a busy day, but nothing compared to what the rest of you have been through. We should get some rest. Busy day tomorrow - we have friends to find, an undead god to kill, and a world to heal. Should be fun!" He looks around, trying to figure out where the best place to sleep might be located.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
GM
Spoiler:
Now I know I'm dead.

Yes, of all the voices in the world, Livia's is one of the two he would most treasure hearing at this moment. The other would be his father's. Of course, both are impossible, and so he decides to dispel the illusion by calling out.

Opening his parched mouth he croaks "Livia?"
Last edited by ArcticFox on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
((Spoiler tags my good friend.))
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
((oopsie... fixed.))
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
DollFaceKilla
Are you human?: Not likely
GM
Spoiler:
Livia spins on her heels toward the door. "Guy?" she whispers and she steps through the door. She begins to walk down the corridor and pauses. "This must be a trap" she mumbles to herself. "Guy? Are you here? Are you alright?" She shouts.

Livia casts Light on an arrow to be used as a torch.
Last edited by DollFaceKilla on Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ROA: Livia

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
GM/Winthrop/Crimson
Spoiler:
"Rest well, friend."
Kratimos stood up and gently lifted the sleeping Anna in his arms. The movement woke her, but she pretended to be asleep to stay carried. Kratimos smiled at this display, but was quickly interrupted by a memory that stopped his heart.

"Crimson." He turned towards the rogue, "The attack on your hometown. This is your hometown, no? They are attacking the Underport? Have we warned the guard?"
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM/Winthrop/Kratimos
Spoiler:
As great as this place is, it is not my home. After a good night's rest we should thank our hosts and head out to save the Underport. A fierce battle lies ahead no doubt. I think I'll stock up on healing kits before we leave.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
GM/Crimson/Winthrop
Spoiler:
"Oh." Kratimos looked stunned in his tracks. "Oh... This.. this is not the Underport, huh? I think I need that sleep more than I thought. Good night, Crimson."
Kratimos let go a sigh a relief and left.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Guy
Spoiler:
"Guy...guy are you here? Are you alright?"
Livia
Spoiler:
After a moment, you hear a cry from deeper in the building. "Livia"
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Spoiler:
At last, a familiar voice.

He forces the words out "In here... I'm in here."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
DollFaceKilla
Are you human?: Not likely
GM/Guy
Spoiler:
Livia freezes. Her mind starts racing as she starts to search for Guy. She calls out again. "Guy! Are you hurt? Say something else. Where are you?"
ROA: Livia

"A man who won't die for something is not fit to live." ~Martin Luther King Jr.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
GM/Livia
Spoiler:
I'm in here...

Guy tries to sit up, to have a little dignity when she finally finds him.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens