VVVVVV

Puzzle and casual game talk
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
I just recently started playing this game. It's about a little blue guy whose only ability is flipping gravity and you have to use this ability to solve a ton of outrageous puzzles. It's a ver mind-benidng game, and quite addicting. At one point, you may think it's the best game ever, and a few minutes later, you'll start screaming at the game and ranting about how the developer "is an evil, horrible demon that hates gamers." Either way, the feeling of accomplishment you get after solving a hard puzzle is unmatched. Plus, the sountrack is awesome. It's definitely worth the 5 bucks it costs.

Here's a demo for the game, if your interested: http://www.kongregate.com/games/terryca ... vvvvv-demo

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
fun but HARD game :), I got it in a humble bundle
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
ccgr wrote:fun but HARD game :)
I know! I already died over 300 times!
EDIT: Actually 800 times.
EDIT: Actually 1000 times.
Last edited by baconisgood23 on Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I don't want to know how many times I died :(
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
Apparently one guy died 10,000 times in this game. Must be some sort of world record. :mrgreen:

Sadly, that's not the sort of thing they print in the record books. :(

Sstavix
CCGR addict
I received it in a Humble Bundle as well. Wow, that game can get frustrating at times. I've barely started it, and I have already set it aside for less aggravating fare. :lol:

Still, I think Terry Cavanaugh (the person who designed the game) serves as a great example of how independent game designers, with a great idea and some know-how, can achieve stunning success. His story can serve as inspiration to others who also want to try their hand at game development!
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
Indeed. :mrgreen:

Kwan
I know that this topic is old, but I played the game today and it was awesome! I got it for -90% off on the Steam sale. Its super fun and the music is amazing too!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I just tried the demo.

This is no game. This is...I don't even. A devilish challenge to both mind and reflex.

If I ever actually managed to beat this, I would list it on a resume as job experience.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Kwan wrote:I know that this topic is old, but I played the game today and it was awesome! I got it for -90% off on the Steam sale. Its super fun and the music is amazing too!
I got it on that sale as well. :)

Chozon1 wrote:I just tried the demo.

This is no game. This is...I don't even. A devilish challenge to both mind and reflex.

If I ever actually managed to beat this, I would list it on a resume as job experience.
Once you get used to the physics it gets a lot easier,
at least till you run into a hard part...
but at least with the game's amazing music it's actually quite enjoyable to keep trying and dieing over and over. :P
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
evered
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
You need to talk to JaredK xD
Jaredk105
evered wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:20 am You need to talk to JaredK xD
Yes, this happens to be a favorite of mine, especially because of the music. Anybody else beaten it? If so, how many deaths did you have? I believe there is an area where this can be seen, and trophies are awarded for low death counts.