Civilization V multiplayer thread

Gather resources, build your army, conquer!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Syksy
Are you human?: Yes!
Yuppers,

sorry for fading on the PBEM-multiplayer, it was frustratingly slow. I would suggest if we try to fire up a game, we do it live. Start a game and continue it whenever it's suitable for all.

I picked up BNW when it came out and I like it (although it's rather pricy). The most essential part are the trade routes, which generate vast amounts of money and give a lot of substance to political and strategical geography. The culture and ideology revamps are alright, though I don't fancy the new tourism system that much (imho it's almost impossible to win a Cultural Victory before discovering Internet if playing large enough map). The new world congress is a nice addition, I like it more than the old UN.

I'm right now playing a multiplayer game with my wife's brother, and it's been bloody but entertaining. I'm playing autocratic America and we've had three wars so far (it's 1950s atm). He has managed to get a trade Embargo decision on me in world congress and is currently trying to get Standing Army Tax (extra unit maintenance) through, which I'm afraid might be accepted. It's funny how he can fight against me without units by crippling me through economy :) dang it!

Oh, and what kind of game Civ V is: it's the grand old champion of turn based strategies, so it's hardly anything like Age of Empires. I would maybe compare it to Paradox interactive's super heavy strategy games or the tactical map in Total War series (not the real time battles). First Civ came out in early 90s and I think it was based on an even older board game initially, although it has wandered far off from its roots already.
You can find me from the CCGR Steam-group, feel free to add me as a friend!
Minecrafty
Noob
Noob
City management and all got a little heavy for Civ5 on me since I always seem to start out on islands separated from everyone and everything else. Any tips on how to get around this, because whenever I get off the tiny island the other empires already have iron and I'm struggling to keep up with an army.
So (insert meaning of life and REALLY important stuffs here) and that's what I'm all about!

Life is about the Journey!
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Play on Continents.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
Yo!

Now that I have a computer than can adequately run Civ V, do you have room for one more?
[Insert witty afterthought here]
MobilizedTiger
Noob
Noob
How would you prefer the game to be set up?
Pittboss so we all dont have to be on i've done this with some of my other friends.

Do you have the expansion (Gods n' Kings)?
Yes. Got the Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete pack when it was on sale.

What type of game would you prefer?
Teams of 2 with at least 1 Ai team.

How experienced are you with Civ V or the previous Civ-games?
Pretty good played for the last month or so every day with some Friends won most of the games. Also have the xbox 360 version.

Can't wait to play!
MobilizedPanda
Noob
Noob
MobilizedTiger wrote:How would you prefer the game to be set up?
Pittboss so we all dont have to be on i've done this with some of my other friends.

Yes. Got the Sid Meier's Civilization V: Complete pack when it was on sale.

Teams of 2 with at least 1 Ai team.

Pretty good played for the last month or so every day with some Friends won most of the games. Also have the xbox 360 version.

Can't wait to play!
Totally be down for this, add me on steam, Name is the same!
Chuckleluck
Noob
Noob
How would you prefer the game to be set up?
I don't care much, though I have a slight preference toward a live game (non-pitboss) since it would go quicker.

I have all the expansions, civilization DLC included.

No locked teams unless there's only 2 or 3 humans in the game.

Never played Civ IV or before. I'm pretty good at Civ V, though I haven't had much experience playing against other humans. My greatest accomplishment was a pre-Industrial cultural (Tourism) victory :P