Post some Scriptures from the Bible Here!!!!

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
BibleBuddy34
Noob
Noob
"He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart."
-pronouns 11:29
I found this scripture from the bible to be a very good one and the quote really shows the juxtaposition of the fool and the wise, both in Freudian Theory in the school of thought I always pondered, who is the fool? Of course the driving forces of the personality truly show that not only the fool will be the servant to the wise of the heart, but also the wise-heartened. I have thought of this scripture in many ways and must conclude that it is very ambiguous, but I believe in all ways one may think of the scripture, the fool will always be the archetype of the scripture.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
This weeks memory verse is Romans 8:!5-16

For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry "Abba! Father!" The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God.
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
My anthem lately due to enduring so much in life including the recent death of my dad, another foot surgery, ongoing physical pain, continued uncertainty whether I'll work again, limited income with a mortgage payment. The list goes on but this verse is one of many to help get through it all:

1 Peter 1:6-7 (NLT):

So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Awesome verse
Luxen
Noob
Noob
Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

This has been one of the strongest Bible verses I have ever heard. It is quoted a lot I know, but the thought of any situation you enter into, that God is with you encourages me. I have seen a lot over my years of life, and I cannot begin to express you how this verse has been strong to me. I find it interesting that God commanded Moses in Deuteronomy 31:6 to be strong and courageous:

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.

I feel that these two are directed at me as I can be terrified and discouraged often.

I also love Psalm 34. Specifically

Psalm 34:18-19
The Lord is near the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him out of them all.

We can be crushed many times, have broken hearts, and be afflicted by many things, but if we believe in Christ, we will be delivered out of all of them.

No matter what we face then:
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

I can't tell you how many times I try to do things based on my own power and fail, but when I rely on Christ's strength and Christ's spirit to direct me, I am able to do far more than I could ever dream of.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great verses indeed!
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Isaiah is my favorite book in the Old Testament. Read this yesterday morning as part of a devotional. Isaiah 53:3-6 (ESV):
He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.

Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted.

But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed.

All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned—every one—to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
The book of Isaiah was written about 700 years before the birth of Jesus. This passage prophesied that Jesus would take all our sins and sacrifice His life for us. Amazing.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
powerful stuff. We had to memorize those passages recently. :)

Here's this week's memory verse: Psalm 139:9-10

If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost part of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me and your right hand shall hold me.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
This week's memory verse is Hebrews 4:15

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to empathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are - yet he did not sin
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Highlighted Psalm: 63 1-4 (ESV) this morning:
O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.

So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory.

Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.

So I will bless you as long as I live; in your name I will lift up my hands.
moonpie5089
Noob
Noob
I have decided for some of my required posts I would post some meaningful verses that might brighten someones day or change they're lives.

1: John 3:16 For god so loved the world , that he gave his only begotten son , that whosoever belevith in him shall not perish , but have eternal life.
moonpie5089
Noob
Noob
2: Romans 12:2 "Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind...."
moonpie5089
Noob
Noob
3: Philipians 4:8 Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.
moonpie5089
Noob
Noob
3: philipians 4:6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
moonpie5089
Noob
Noob
5: jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.