Post some Scriptures from the Bible Here!!!!

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Darkkodiak
Noob
Noob
Found this just now and thought I'd share. Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith... and a ninja master!

Luke 4:28-30

Today's New International Version (TNIV) [Balanced]
28 All the people in the synagogue were furious when they heard this {That is, the truth}. 29 They got up, drove him out of the town, and took him to the brow of the hill on which the town was built, in order to throw him off the cliff. 30 But he walked right through the crowd and went on his way. {Wait... what?! How? You mean he ran or pushed his way through right?}

New Living Translation (NLT) [Dynamic]
30 but he passed right through the crowd and went on his way.

New American Standard (NASB) [Literal]
30 But passing through their midst, He went His way.

passing: Strongs #1330 dierchomai (dee-er'-khom-ahee) to go through, pass through {Phasewalk comes to mind.}
through: Strongs #1223 dia (dee-ah') through
midst: Strongs #3319 mesos (mes'-os) middle, the midst

Bibliography Information
Thayer and Smith. "The NAS New Testament Greek Lexicon". . 1999.
http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/nas/
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
pretty cool
sjbc2003
Noob
Noob
My favorite bible verse is Ephesians 4:29 “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear."
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
James 1:5

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

We are being assured that God will never punish us for coming to Him for guidance, and it assures us that He will answer.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amen!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
here's my weekly memory verses Psalms 1:1-3

Blessed is he that walks not in the counsel of the wicked or stands in the way of sinners or sits in the seat of scoffers; but delights in the law of the Lord and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water that yields fruit in season, and its leaf does not wither. In all he does he prospers.
appleseed2002
Noob
Noob
One of my favorite verse is psalm 71:1 "In thee o Lord do i put my trust let me never be put to confusion".
storm
Gamer
Gamer
Philippians 4 : 13
I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

Ephesians 2:8-9 (NASB)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and [a]that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16 Rejoice always, 17 pray without ceasing, 18 in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. (NKJV)
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Greg King
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Here is this week's memory verse:

2 Tim 3:16-17

All scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness that the man of God may be complete and equipped for good work
Expat_PM
Noob
Noob
Hebrews 10:25 has been abused by so many people to say that you must attend church or go to hell (down here in the south that's a two syllable word and it's pronounced Hay-ell).
In context with the rest of that thought it says,
"So let’s do it—full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps his word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day approaching." (Hebrews 10:23-25 - Message)

Let's spur each other on toward God and His love and compassion and mercy and holiness and purity!
Peace,
Expat_PM

Perhaps today!
Revelation 1:7
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
This week's memory verse is Rev 4:11 "Worthy are you our Lord and God to receive glory, honor, and power for you created all things and by your will they existed and were created.
TSTC2011
Noob
Noob
My favorite verses. Matthew 6:25-27
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Here are my two weekly memory verses regarding the trinity

Deut 6:4 Here, O Israel The Lord our God, the Lord is one

2 Cor 3:13
The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
There are my memorization verses this week: Genesis 1:26-27

The God said "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth." So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
This week's memory verses will be challenging: Isaiah 53:4-6

Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows, yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. But he was wounded by our transgressions, he was crushed by our iniquities; up[on him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.