Post some Scriptures from the Bible Here!!!!

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
_bloodborn01_
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Blue Collar Servant wrote:1 john 1
8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.
Yes i like that one too. I just recently taught threw that same text in a three part message on my blog. Click the link below and check it out.
Check out my online Bible study http://www.bloodborn01.livejournal.com
Dakotacore
Noob
Noob
I just have to say how cool it is to see a gaming community talking about Christ and the bible, I love it!

My favorite book is John

1 John 1:7
But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
welcome! Glad you found us.
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Welcome!! :)
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
CaptainMarquiel
Noob
Noob
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
- Micah 6:*8

Also used in Deuteronomy 10:12-14

All God asks is to have a relationship and to spread his Word for he is the One True God, Alpha and Omega, The Beginning and The End. He loves us and wants us to live with him for eternity. He doesn't promise an easy life and in fact says to expect a hard life do to persecutors of him.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I approved your post because it was a good one, but in the future, please try to avoid reviving threads older than six months. :D
ttemplar
James 2:17-19

17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.

19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.
James 2:17-18
17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
awesome!
ttemplar
Romans 4:18-21

18 Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.” 19 Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. 20 Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21 being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se ... ersion=NIV" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We must not ignore the problems in our life and expect God to take them away. We must face the facts and trust in God's power to keep His promises.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Psalm 115

1 Not to us, Lord, not to us
but to your name be the glory,
because of your love and faithfulness.

Oh how easy it is how us to accept praise, but God deserves the credit more than us!
ttemplar
ccgr wrote:Oh how easy it is how us to accept praise, but God deserves the credit more than us!
Yes! if someone gives you praise point to God for all the glory belongs to Him! :D

Hebrews 11:1
11 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.

Hebrews 11:6
6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.

Hebrews 6:19
19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain,

NIV Verses on Biblegateway

Hope is an anchor to the soul. Belief in an all knowing all powerful God makes us always accountable.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
“[Praise to the LORD] LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done wonderful things, things planned long ago.” -Isaiah 25:1

We should praise God in the good and bad times of our lives
ttemplar
Luke 12:16-21

16 And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. 17 He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’

18 “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. 19 And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.”’

20 “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’

21 “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”

We should not make abundant provisions for ourselves, for like wealth our lives are only temporary. Instead we should give more to those who are in need.

NIV Verses on Bible Gateway
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
“Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” -Psalm 139:23-24c

God will gladly tell us where we need to improve our walk with Him, do we have the guts to ask Him? Are we ready to make that change?
MusicalMel
Noob
Noob
Psalm 103:1-5 NKJV
Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:
Who forgives all your iniquities,
Who heals all your diseases,
Who redeems your life from destruction,
Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies,
Who satisfies your mouth with good things,
So that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

More and more I find that it's necessary for us to stir our own hearts from complacency to true thankfulness and worship to God. Sometimes it takes remembering "all His benefits". But it always starts with the desire to give Him worship, even when we don't particularly feel inclined to it. "Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless His holy name!" God bless!