The Elder Scrolls Online

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
TDog9631
Here's a Kotaku article on ESO that's pretty interest. NOTE: There is cussing and this person used a scantily clad lady as their character.
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
no link?
TDog9631
AAAGH *facepalms really really hard*
http://tay.kotaku.com/elder-scrolls-onl ... 1537221720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
Chameleon7500
Noob
Noob
I only play on my XBox, but heard online is good. Does anyone know if it really is?
Wintercross
Chameleon7500 wrote:I only play on my XBox, but heard online is good. Does anyone know if it really is?
If you like Elder Scrolls games, then the short answer is NO.

I was in the Beta and to be honest, Elder Scrolls Online is an MMO with an Elder Scrolls paint job.
(Note, I've spoken to people who have played post Beta, and while some improvements were made in stability etc, the same basic underlying problems remain)

The classes for example don't make sense, Sorcerers in TES games are generally a Magic/Combat hybrid, being spell casters that focus on heavy armor, conjuration and destruction.
Yet they are presented in game as the base 'Mage' class.

Nightblades are generally a Magic/Stealth Hybrid in TES, but in the mmo they are the base Rogue/Thief character.

Dragonknights don't even make sense and are a new thing.

Templars in TES were an Imperial Rank/Position rather than an actual 'Class'. In the MMO they are sort of a Paladin type class

Apart from that, it is all very generic MMO. The combat is horrible. They tried to make it work like TES games, but enemies have insanely short agro range (like 3-4 metres) and there is no collision, so you can run right through enemies.

It also uses restricted 'hotbar' style abilities rather than the traditional TES approach of having access to everything, but just having to equip it to activate.

The skill system is horribly simplified and no matter what class you pick you will have to use magical abilities.
No pure Combat or Stealth builds unless you want to be grossly underpowered (and have no abilities)

Overall, I would recommend not wasting your money on it. Play the other TES games while you wait for the next. (or wait for TESO to go FTP if you really are curious)
TSTC2011
Noob
Noob
I was in the beta and it didn't draw me in at all. Just didnt feel right not a true elder scrolls game feel
ZiggsTV
Noob
Noob
This post is probably long dead but ESO just went buy to play recently so I'm resubscribed and having a great time :D I'm currently playing on the EU server though which is sorta unfortunate for being able to play with anybody in the states.
Void of Self
Noob
Noob
When I was playing WoW, I was watching some videos on the gameplay and features of TESO, and I must say that the idea was fascinating. But after watching and reading about all of the bugs that were going unfixed and the horrendous customer service that was provided, I was turned off of actually getting the game. Maybe when it comes out on other platforms and is out for a while I will get it. But to have a game go through Beta and be released without fixing the problems that were already in existence is terrible PR. I am glad that Bethesda wasn't the company to fall face first like that.
ZealFire
Noob
Noob
Void of Self wrote:When I was playing WoW, I was watching some videos on the gameplay and features of TESO, and I must say that the idea was fascinating. But after watching and reading about all of the bugs that were going unfixed and the horrendous customer service that was provided, I was turned off of actually getting the game. Maybe when it comes out on other platforms and is out for a while I will get it. But to have a game go through Beta and be released without fixing the problems that were already in existence is terrible PR. I am glad that Bethesda wasn't the company to fall face first like that.
Do you plan on trying the console version?
Void of Self
Noob
Noob
I would like to. I will probably wait for them to release the patches and get it when the price goes down a bit. As much as I would like to play it, I am almost perfectly ok with waiting for the next Bethesda release of the series. Which is Argonia, if I am not mistaken.
ZealFire
Noob
Noob
Void of Self wrote:I would like to. I will probably wait for them to release the patches and get it when the price goes down a bit. As much as I would like to play it, I am almost perfectly ok with waiting for the next Bethesda release of the series. Which is Argonia, if I am not mistaken.
I think I'll pick it up myself when the price drops. Have you seen any vids on the issues when it released on PC?
Void of Self
Noob
Noob
ZealFire wrote:
Void of Self wrote:I would like to. I will probably wait for them to release the patches and get it when the price goes down a bit. As much as I would like to play it, I am almost perfectly ok with waiting for the next Bethesda release of the series. Which is Argonia, if I am not mistaken.
I think I'll pick it up myself when the price drops. Have you seen any vids on the issues when it released on PC?
That I have. I wouldn't bash a game that much without actually checking it out. I do not remember exactly who created the video, but he had a rant that lasted about an hour or more. He showed good gameplay, but explained the problems that he had during the Beta, and that kept persisting as he played the release. He also talked about his bug reports that he made to the creators of ESO, and their lack of PR about the issues.
Dan J
Noob
Noob
My wife and I bought this game for Xbox one. We loved skyrim. Figured being able to play with friends it would be even better.
We were right. On Xbox this game is awesome.
All this beta complaints. I'm not seeing that.
The game may loose connection every now and then. But other than that. We've had no issues.

We loved it so much we actually bought another Xbox one just so my wife and I can play this game together at the same time. Lol

It has a little different feel than skyrim did but once you get used to the new controls this game is very fun.
Even better with more people to help each other out on several quests.

I actually came here looking to see if anyone is playing this on Xbox one because some of these quests you need a lot of people with you in order to beat them.

At the same time there is still a lot do even without friends.
These maps are huge. In fact they added a whole open world. Skyrim is only a small portion or little state within the world map.

Hopefully though I can find more Christ minded people to come join us in this game. We have a hard time getting off of it. So we are usually playing most days. Just because we can. Lol

I just have to figure out where to post on here to ask if anyone wants to join us.
Oh yeah my kids love playing this one as well.
Everyone in our house has to fight over who gets to play next. Haha
We are on the north America servers.

Finally got to talk my wife into putting two Xbox consoles and two tv's in the living room. Haha
God is good.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
If you don't find anyone here might I suggest www.cgalliance.org While I have an Xbox One, I don't play that game, don't have time for MMOs :)
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I play it, but on PC. Sorry. :(

While some of the beta complaints I had were addressed, some of the residual "weirdness" is still there. I find that the unique (For an MMO) combat system makes it worth overlooking the somewhat less-Elder Scrolls-y gameplay in other areas.

The main gripe I have is that I can't level athletics by running and jumping at the same time. *

*People who played Morrowind will remember. lol