The Elder Scrolls Online

Grind them stats! MMOs and all kinds of RPGs go here.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Today Bethesda introduced a video that covers the basics and what they're shooting for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxJTsq2X ... e=youtu.be

I'm intrigued, but mainly because a) it's an Elder Scrolls game, and b) they've indicated that they're developing it for the Mac as well. It's one I'll keep my eye on and consider playing as it develops further.

What do you think?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I don't play MMOs but the idea of riding dragons would be fun. I hear that there will be a Skyrim DLC that will allow that.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, the Dragonborn DLC was announced a couple days ago and they'll be adding Solstheim and dragon riding. So, it's going to have some Morrowind lands.

As for Elder Scrolls Online, I'm still remaining tenative. I'm more interested in future Skyrim DLC.
Part of my apprehension is I just don't know how much of what I love about the Elder Scrolls will translate well into an MMO. If it turns into a generic MMORPG, I probably won't go along with it.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I dunno. It all hinges on the monthly fee for me XD
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Skelliglas
Noob
Noob
After seeing that gameplay video I really have higher hopes for the game. I always thought it would be another WoW ripoff but it seems to really appeal to Elder Scrolls fans. Like an ES game but with multiplayer.

I'd like to see what the monthly fees are going to be though
Supern0va
Noob
Noob
i saw ES Online video before, disappointed it doesn't really match up to skyrim itself in terms of graphics and gameplay - tho i find skyrim's gameplay lacking enough action or innovation, we want something new but not neglecting its beautiful vast environment, co-op on skyrim would have been much different.

you know what i want

another game of Shadow of Colossus. it may not be RPG but it has the best experience in a fantasy world. given the graphics of skyrim in a gameplay mechanics of shadow of colossus would be the dream fantasy game.
Do not judge a book by its movie.
kilgannon5454
Noob
Noob
i cant wait !!!! i hope they release more info soon
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Looks like it's coming April 2014 for PC/Mac and PS4/Xbox One in June.

http://cdn.bethsoft.com/elderscrolls/es ... nscode.wmv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I wonder if all the different systems will be able to communicate with each other. That would be interesting to play on my Mac and interact with someone across the country playing on their Xbox.

I doubt it would happen, but I've been wrong before....
blacksinow
Considering that Bethesda has a bad habbit of relying on PC gamers to patch their games for them, this game will not be good. We are relying on them to watch THEIR game for once. I remember when they officially cut off support for Skyrim and left the Ebony Blade in such a wreck.
ttemplar
I don't play MMOs and I don't want to. Frankly I was disappointed when they announced it. Because I have a hunch that if it is a big success$$ (which it is very likely to be) Bethesda may never make another Single Player RPG in the Elder Scrolls franchise. I mean why would they when they can make much more money with a pay to play game.

To each their own i guess I am sure many people will enjoy it. I know I won't be even remotely interested in it.
James 2:17-18
17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
TDog9631
ttemplar wrote:I don't play MMOs and I don't want to. Frankly I was disappointed when they announced it. Because I have a hunch that if it is a big success$$ (which it is very likely to be) Bethesda may never make another Single Player RPG in the Elder Scrolls franchise. I mean why would they when they can make much more money with a pay to play game.

To each their own i guess I am sure many people will enjoy it. I know I won't be even remotely interested in it.
First, they never said they wouldn't make a SP ES game in the future. The development of ESO is being handled by Zenimax Online Studios, NOT Bethesda. They are simply using the ES IP.

Secondly, while it will have a subscription, there is absolutely no possible way they will keep it. Look at SWTOR: a really good game, SW IP, BioWare's choice system, etc. And it still didn't hold up. ES isn't even close in terms of popularity compared to SW so it won't hold attention nearly as long.
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
That's a little early on conjecture. Popularity on IP is more important for market attention than lasting power.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ttemplar
TDog9631 wrote: First, they never said they wouldn't make a SP ES game in the future. The development of ESO is being handled by Zenimax Online Studios, NOT Bethesda. They are simply using the ES IP. -snip
I know they never said that, it was just my fear. I have seen occasions where publishers push for monetary gain and the development of the franchise suffers because of it that's all.
TDog9631 wrote: Secondly, while it will have a subscription, there is absolutely no possible way they will keep it. Look at SWTOR: a really good game, SW IP, BioWare's choice system, etc. And it still didn't hold up. ES isn't even close in terms of popularity compared to SW so it won't hold attention nearly as long.
I have never played SWTOR. Is it an online only MMO? And what do you mean by "it didn't hold up"? Did they end the subscription service or shut down the servers?
James 2:17-18
17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.
TDog9631
SWTOR didn't hold-up as sub only. It's still doing pretty well having both a sub and F2P option. But I can tell just by playing it F2P why it struggled: it's a boring grindfest early on, and I can tell why not enough people stick with it. I'm only at Level 7 and it's already very grindy and boring. I can't imagine how bad the higher levels are. Though XP gain is apparently faster with a sub.
Don't worry, I don't think Bethesda is going to abandon the ES series no matter how well ESO does. Same with Fallout. I can't wait to see if the Fallout 4 rumors are true.
Steam: bE.(Insert witty name) Origin: TDog9631 Battle.net:TDog9631#1737