Christ based games for GAMERS!?

Let your creative side be seen by others. Share your writings, visual arts, created music, and anything else here. Also the place for forum-based role playing.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Noroom
Noob
Noob
Are you human?: Yes!
Long story short, I'm a gamer. I'm a Christian. I'd like to play a GOOD Christian video game. That doesn't really exist. So, I'm making one. It's an old school RPG (I think you DQ grinders will like it). Here's the link to the game website www.reelise.com. It has trailers, screenshots, music, and most importantly a playable demo! Check it out. We're going to be starting a kickstarter campaign this month, (aug). I'll keep you posted. Till then, spread the word. This can pave the way to a new era in gaming. Christ-based games for gamers.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I like both your grit and your gumption.

Good stuff. ^_^ Like the graphical direction too.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Awesome and welcome! When you have the final version ready I'll be happy to review it.
ScotchRobbins
VIP Member
VIP Member
The premise of this did have me curious. Most developers don't see that spreading the message about Christianity and developing a fun and well crafted title can be done both equally and simultaneously. I hope your attempt is a success in both regards, and I am quite excited.
[Insert witty afterthought here]
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Hey, glad to see another christian game developer.
If your interested, check out www.christiandevs.com as well. A lot of christian developers and christian game developers, there. Great place to get involved if you want to build up the christian game industry. It's a good community.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Noroom
Noob
Noob
Sir I'm looking at it right now! I KNEW I couldn't be the only one attempting something like this. Googled quite a bit and I couldn't find anything. Another guy at another forum said the same thing. I'll be signing up now :)
Christ based games for GAMERS! YAHOO! www.reelise.com
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Haha, way cool. Out of curiosity, what forum was it and is he on CDN?
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Lots of awesome!
I will be sure to try out your game. :)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
Noroom
Noob
Noob
Arch, the person that suggested it.... is... ummmmm, DANG, forgot his name :roll:
Christ based games for GAMERS! YAHOO! www.reelise.com
DeadManReedeemed
CCGR addict
Will somebody please tell Mr. ChristGamer that PC is not the only computer that exists?

Well, at least the music is good. Sounds like something you would hear in an anime episode. That's saying something considering I use GarageBand sometimes. Haven't been using it lately.
“The humble sinner will sometimes be interpreted as one of the filthiest in the eyes of man yet immersed in the eyes of God, and this is due to the volition of honesty regarding his own corruption.”

― Criss Jami
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
PC may not be the only computer that exists, but it's almost certainly the most widely used. Just because Mac's in recent years have been getting moar games, doesn't necessarily mean that it'd be a good move to dev for them. At least, not solely. For a new developer.

In my thinkings, and I've actually heard this before from several people, PC is the smartest platform for a small game dev to use, since it's used worldwide, relatively cheap to build with, and getting your game out there into the mainstream is that much easier.

Just my two scents. I very well could be wrong. I know the app market, both iOS and Android, is a pretty good place too. Arch or Deep would probably know more. :P
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
DMR, I'm not sure how much you know about the process of developing games, but it notoriously hard just to get a game published on a console and it is ridiculously easy to do so for the PC.

As for the Mac, which it just occurred to me what you're probably talking about, there isn't as much of a market like the PC (but it is growing, and the number of mac games is growing too. you can always check out the mac games on Steam). However, the tools available for development don't always facilitate Mac development and I believe the one noroom's using doesn't.

Besides, if you really want to run a windows game or app, use bootcamp or some windows emulator.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Drewsov
CCGR addict
I use bootcamp, and I've never looked back. :o

...Of course, now I have so much music that I need an external, BUT literally all you need is a copy of Windows and you can download the Boot Camp Utility and install Windows.

Also awesome?

Not complaining about the number of Mac games that are out in a thread that has nothing to do with that, specifically when we've had this discussion before. :|
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
better yet? Sell your mac and get a PC.
Nate DaZombie
VIP Member
VIP Member
ccgr wrote:better yet? Sell your mac and get a PC.
Cuttin' deep, CCGR, cuttin' deep.