ROA: Part 1, The Lone Tower

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
As the party debates their course of action, silently like death itself, a band of Goblins emerges from the underdark. As the party turns they notice that another band has silently crept up the pathway leading away from the cave. Their weapons drawn, they begin to stalk forward applying pressure from both directions. There are easily 12 goblins per band. They are dressed in what could only be some type of fine leather armor and their weapons are of far better quality than the goblins encountered before.

A goblin dressed completely in black plate mail steps forward. In a grotesque mockery of the tongue the goblin begins to speak in the common language.

"Yer wepns, trows dem befer me now'r face'r anger!"
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Like a man dying of thirst who suddenly sees a jug of cold water, Guy feels the thrill of battle descend upon him once more as he eagerly anticipates skewering these goblins. His hand grips the handle of his sword with relish and he raises his shield, a feral smile appearing on his lips.

Anger is a weapon only to one's enemy.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Sense motive to see if Brokan can figure out if these Goblins are just going to kill us if we throw down our weapons (there'd be no harm in everyone else doing this too--just saying)

Sense Motive:
Spoiler:
[dice]0[/dice]
Last edited by Truthseeker on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Kratimos pulled his swords against each other, his own instrument of death. The ringing of the blades echoed throughout the corridor. He stood confidently against the outnumbered foes, but he knew this might not be enough.

He looked Brokan straight in the eye, hoping, somehow, he'd understand what Kratimos was thinking. It might be time to meet the wolf.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
Brokan understands Kratimos's insinuation, and disgust creeps across his face in the same way it might if someone with leprosy had just suggested throwing his own skin flakes at an enemy. "Absolutely not."
Brokan Mok

O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek . . . to be understood, as to understand.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
"Would you rather us die here and let the undead continue to plague the lands?"
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
What are they talking about?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Ready, aim, FIRE!

Initiative
[dice]0[/dice]

damage
[dice]1[/dice]

attack
[dice]2[/dice]

Crimson fires a few bolts and prays that they reach their mark...revenge is a dish best served cold.

((Wow!!! look at those rolls!! some goblins best be going down now!)
Truthseeker
Gamer
Gamer
((I'm rolling initiative, and then I'm going to consider my options more carefully. This situation just got sticky.))

[dice]0[/dice]

Edit: ((Okay, since I beat ccgr's initiative, is there some way for Brokan to anticipate what Crimson is about to do and try to stop her or talk her out of it?))
Brokan Mok

ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Initiative:
[dice]0[/dice]

((Looks like I'm not going anywhere fast))
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Guy assumes a battle stance. If you want our weapons you'll have to come take them.

Intitiative: [dice]0[/dice]

((Can I hold my action to see what happens first?))
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
((sorry if I jumped the gun I figured we were fighting since people are accepting death, Crimson wants to go down guns blazing)
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
((I'm waiting on Fathom's decision on whether TS can "intercept" CCGR's action or not.))
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

fathom123
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
TS
((Your turn is before hers so you can make an action before she does. If you wish to interfere with her actions or talk, you may do so. Talking does not cost you an action))

Seeing the party snap to ready, the goblin in black simply steps forward and the others step back, as if to signify that this is his fight alone. The goblin in the black armor draws a wicked dagger in each hand. He grins and his fangs seem to poke out to overlap his lower lip. He stands at the ready, his gaze taking in everything. His eyes alone echo his years, possibly decades, of experience. His muscles slack, yet ready to react in a heartbeat's notice.
Jeremiah 20:9-But if I say, "I will not mention him or speak any more in his name," his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Kratimos looks over to Brokan. "You guys can all drop your weapons." His voice lowered, "Then run."
Pew Pew Pew. Science.