Minecraft or Zelda?

For all those action games like Mario, Mega Man, Zelda, God of War, and stuff.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts

Whats your favorite

The Legend of Zelda
28%
Minecraft
53%
I can't decide
19%

Total votes: 79
Drewsov
CCGR addict
Double post. And you resurrected a dead topic, duder. :|
http://exculpate.wordpress.com - Updated 2.10.12

You were telling him about Buddha, you were telling him about Mohammed in the same breath. You never mentioned one time the Man who came and died a criminal’s death...
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I'm just happy it's something meaning besides "hi"
baconisgood23
VIP Member
VIP Member
While I like both of them a lot, I have to say Zelda is the better game. I've played many Zelda games, including Spirit Tracks, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword, and I consistently got even more than I expected out of each of them. And while Minecraft is also a very enjoyable game, it needs a good amount of improvement in certain areas. BTW What's up with all the pixels? I just don't understand it.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should've been more specific." -Lily Tomlin
DangerousDuo
Noob
Noob
I really like minecraft. I am looking foward to being able to play on our servers. Should be real close to my 15 posts so I can be whitelisted...:)
Emwok
CCGR addict
Minecraft 4ever. Lol
Spoiler:

Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
This thread is making me depressed.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
The fact it never dies, or the fact people are actually deciding Minecraft? @_@
Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member
Chozon1 wrote:The fact it never dies, or the fact people are actually deciding Minecraft? @_@
Both, I think.
LAVA89
As some have said, they're two different games and as Nate said, even two different mindsets.

I'll take Nate DaZombie's post, which captures exactly what I'm going for:
Nate DaZombie wrote:I can't decide, I play each one with a different mindset. With The Legend of Zelda, I am embarking on a epic quest to save the kingdom, vanquishing and who would try to stop me! While playing minecraft though, I tend to putter around, fixing my house, exploring some caves, and building better defenses.
In Zelda, you don't get very much freedom (I'm basing this off of Wind Waker and Link to the Past, both of which I have completed). Sure, you can name your character, maybe even change the color of link's outfit? But there's very little choice in how the story goes.

Minecraft on the other hand, gives you loads of freedom. But do you ever feel epic playing it? Sure, you might feel epic building the NCC Enterprise out of Voxels or fortifying your house. But there's no larger than life purpose to the game that you get out of Zelda. Maybe Uniqueness is the word I'm thinking of?

Maybe its comparable to Batman: Arkham Asylum and your typical Superhero Online game. In a typical super hero MMO you can customize your hero (name, look, abilities, etc) and you can go anywhere you want with your character. But you're one dude on a server with many other "unique" heroes. In Batman AA, you feel like THE Batman. But you have to follow its linear story and you can't do much other than just have fun along the way. Even the sequel, Arkham City, has more stuff to do, but its still within the confines of the game.

Those aren't necessarily good or bad things. To me they're equal trade offs. Do I want an epic story but no freedom? Or lots of freedom but no meaning to what I'm doing?
Last edited by LAVA89 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Ima actually not allowed to play any of the Zelda games. :(
Spoiler:

Cory_Hartland
Noob
Noob
Minecraft is a great game hands down. However Legend of Zelda will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart
N1ghtBreak3r
And it's back again...
RisenFire
Noob
Noob
Minecraft all the way!!! :DDDDDD
When God calls us to step out of our comfort zone, He is not calling us to be comfortable in the situation, He is calling us to be comfortable in Him in spite of the situation. :)
charity_agape
Noob
Noob
I agree with what was posted above about them being two different kinds of games. Different mindsets. I like both! <3
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
While Minecraft is really fun, eventually I sort of hit my limit and I fizzle out on playing MC.
While L.O.Z. provides constant challenges and puzzles and really fun stuff.
So, yeah, there's my 2 cents.
This is my signature