Sherlock

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
This show THIS SHOW

The BBC has my eternal fandom
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
CountKrazy
VIP Member
VIP Member
I'm a Doctor Who fanboy myself

HERE COMES DREW TO ASSAIL UPON THIS THREAD AND TEAR IT APART BEFORE CARRYING ITS LIMP CARCASS INTO THE DESERT TO ROAST IN THE HOT SUN AND TURN TO DUST

Granted I'm not very enthusiastic about Sherlock either and I doubt Drew will see this but if he does oh boy
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
CountKrazy wrote:I'm a Doctor Who fanboy myself

I love me some Doctor Who.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Doctor Who is fantastic. Sherlock is fantastic.

I can't decide which one I like more. I hate to say it Whovians, I think I lean more towards Sherlock. So, so good.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
I just watched the Hound of the Baskervilles episode.
Spoiler:
I dunno about this one. HotB is my favorite Holmes story and I'm not sure I was a huge fan of how it played out.
On the other hand, I thought the Scandal in Belgravia was pretty amazing o_o even if I was also writing a paper at the time so I occasionally forgot what the plot was supposed to be doing halfway through the episode :P
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Sherlock is flat out amazing. (and I'm a massive Whovian. I had the theme song imprinted in my mind from before I can even remember. I was conditioned to love it.) I was hesitant about Sherlock Holmes in the modern day at first, but it quickly won me over. Very quickly.

I also spit upon ABC's Elementary, even though I've never seen it. The bits I've seen look terrible. The actors seem horribly mismatched. Lucy Lui as Watson? Serious? Who thought this is a good idea?

Anyhow, I'm stoked that both Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are main roles in the Hobbit. And Cumberbatch is the villain in the next Star Trek movie? Thank you!
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
ArchAngel wrote:Sherlock is flat out amazing. (and I'm a massive Whovian. I had the theme song imprinted in my mind from before I can even remember. I was conditioned to love it.) I was hesitant about Sherlock Holmes in the modern day at first, but it quickly won me over. Very quickly.

I also spit upon ABC's Elementary, even though I've never seen it. The bits I've seen look terrible. The actors seem horribly mismatched. Lucy Lui as Watson? Serious? Who thought this is a good idea?

Anyhow, I'm stoked that both Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are main roles in the Hobbit. And Cumberbatch is the villain in the next Star Trek movie? Thank you!
I have never agreed with you more. ON ERRY POINT
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yesssssss
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
One question: Why do so many people preface it with "Well, I like Dr. Who..."

Different shows, bros. Same network, I guess, and I haven't seen enough Dr. Who to know how to compare/contrast the two, but why does Dr. Who even come up? You can like two British shows at the same time :P
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
It's because Steven Moffat is the showrunner for both shows, and he's been notorious in Doctor Who for incredible cliffhangers. Which, as you may have noticed, Sherlock is good at.

Also, it's because they are both smartly-written shows. :P
Pheonix
Forum Moderator
Uh, hullo.

Just watched the sixth episode. Yes, these are so, so good.
OI! I have a Tumblr. You could follow it if you want,

New member? Want to get those first 15 posts? This should help.
Bananareader
I currently watching season 3 episode 2: The Sign of Three and i’m enjoying it so far.