Grandparent Gamers

Great for talking hardware, hype, and games outside traditional genres.
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Comotto
Interested in hearing from other Grandparent gamers. Are there any out there?
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I bet they're shy :)
Comotto
ccgr wrote:I bet they're shy :)
I don't know many over 65 that have a shy problem. I've been Minecraftin' with my grandsons for the last 6 years. They, of course, have jumped light years ahead. I'm still trying to master Minecraft 101. They are about 50/50 creative and survival. My preference is creative.
Comotto
Comotto wrote:
ccgr wrote:I bet they're shy :)
I don't know many over 65 that have a shy problem. I've been Minecraftin' with my grandsons for the last 6 years. They, of course, have jumped light years ahead. I'm still trying to master Minecraft 101. They are about 50/50 creative and survival. My preference is creative.
CCGR you may be right about shy grandparents!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
see? :)
auskey08
Noob
Noob
Wow, my grandparents hardly play solitare on the computer, they were amazed when they saw me play minecraft on my laptop, so I am impressed. :shock:
Chipakus
Noob
Noob
Teaching my Grandpa how to use his iPad currently. He can use a computer some just he does not really understand online games. If I can get him to play Minecraft ill try to tell you what he thinks :P
DaveyWavey
Noob
Noob
I guess it depends what you mean by granparent gamers..... because if parents had children at 18... a 40 year old could be a grandparent... I can imagine there being a few of those. But if you mean like, 75 year old really elderly kinds of people, most of them didn't grow up with the same kind of technology and they never got into gaming. Some of them I know barely know how to work phones. Which is a shame :( I personally think that when I'm 70, I'll still be gaming! :D
Blowingsand
Noob
Noob
I registered just now and this is my first post. Its great to find other believers who also game.
I've been computer gaming since 1982 (when I was 28). Three of my grandchildren ( Nyasia 8, Arianna 12, and Kenneth 8 ) will be visiting in August - each for their very own week with Gramma and Grampa Dave. I know I will be spending plenty of time gaming with them.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
welcome!
Comotto
Comotto wrote: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:10 pm Interested in hearing from other Grandparent gamers. Are there any out there?
I'm going to try this again! Still looking for Grandparent gamers. Since Microsoft refused to reinstate my account after months of contact with support, I've transitioned to Minetest. There is some outreach for use in education but I think Senior Citizens could also benefit mentally from learning and playing. Free open source so it costs nothing to try. Currently on Mesecraft servers.
johnpaul
Noob
Noob
My Grandmother started playing video games when i was about 4 years old. She would play video games for hours on end. First it was the Atari game system, then it was the Nintendo. At this time my Mom got her an “Atari” to learn how to type. Well, she would play that in the morning while she drank a cup of coffee.