"Pride Month" and the Rainbow

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
One thing that's particularly bugged me about the LGBTQ+1,000 other letters movement is how they co-opted the rainbow-- God's promise to never again flood the Earth, of course-- and used it as symbol for Pride (itself a sin) celebrating their sinfulness & mental illness. I'll admit, it kinda ruined the rainbow for me.

But I learned something a few days ago that now just makes me smile whenever I see that rainbow flag.

The real rainbow has 7 different-colored stripes in it. ROYGBIV, remember.

However, the official Pride flag isn't the full rainbow. It has 6 stripes (I presume indigo was removed because it's too similar to blue.)

Now what is the meaning behind the number 7 in the Bible? What is the meaning behind the number 6? Here's links in case you don't know:
https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/mea ... ble/7.html
https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/mea ... ble/6.html

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just goes to show you, you try to troll God, he'll throw it back in your face and you'll end up trolling yourself even harder. He is the One in control!

(Credit to Steve Deace from TheBlaze for pointing this out on his show a few days ago.)
Last updated March 13th
J.K. Riki
Interesting! Thanks for sharing it.

May we all be 7 in our walk with God. :)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Very nice, thank you for sharing!
GethN7
I think the more basic flaw in the whole "Pride Month" is more rudimentary.

They want to assign pride to an act that no one who knows God should be proud of, and the fact they have to set aside a month specifically to try and assign dignity to celebrating homosexuality and licentious sex in general means the act was never meant to be one we deserve to show pride by default.
BryanOnAPC
Noob
Noob
I seen an image on social media saying :

"...BUT THE RAINBOW IS A SYMBOL OF GOD'S PROMISE TO NEVER FLOOD THE WHOLE EARTH AGAIN. ITS NOT A SYMBOL OF SOME OF THE SINS THAT PROVOKED THE FLOOD."

I liked the post because it is true and I agree with it. Honestly speaking however, people are going to use symbols in ways we don't agree or approve of in a way that is meaningful to them.

I just don't want the Gay and Lesbian crowd to expect and demand I accept THEIR meaning of the rainbow. I know what the rainbow means to me, just like the social media post states.

And that doesn't mean I hate Gays and Lesbians. It just means we have a different belief, understanding , view and respect for the God I serve.