On Seeking

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
J.K. Riki
I am currently working on a short book that talks about Seeking, specifically seeking God and finding him, as is promised in the Bible. I was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts in general, or specifically?

I'm going to be doing more biblical study on the terms and how it applies to/in Scripture. So far I have a long list to look through, thanks to the Nave's Topical Bible. It lists a LOT of entries under the category Seekers.

I find it interesting and in a way very creative that, for the most part, God has set up a system where he can be found only if you desire to look. It seems to allow for the right amount of free will for all of us. Of course, it only lasts for a hundred years or so (usually less) so our job is to seek while the offer is there, I think. But I'm interested to hear if anyone else has opinions about it.

The last chapter of the book I plan to cover "seeking and not finding." That is to say, people who say or believe they "sought with all their hearts" but still did not find God. (I do not want to make brash assumptions or arrogant criticisms, but I must admit most people who I have spoken with personally and make that claim tend not to know much about actual Christianity, so while perhaps in their view they DID seek, I am not sure what they did while seeking if they didn't even open the Bible and understand it. But I'm sure there are other cases where someone sought more thoroughly than that.)
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Well, the first question that came to my mind was "What do you do once you've found Him?"

Maybe that will be the topic for the sequel.
J.K. Riki
Ha ha, indeed. Though I think once you find him then that good ol' Sanctification process begins in earnest. :)

A never ending journey, that! (Well, at least in this lifetime.)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I think many people are out there and want to know God,but on their terms. They treat God as a buffet of sorts or try to fit Him into a box of their own design. Then when God does not measure up to their standards, they give up.

Others probably seek God but expect a response of Biblical proportions, Saul/Paul style and they don't get the fireworks they're looking for and move on