Persecution of Christianity: We Were Warned

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Well, with DC set to release a comic book mocking Jesus Christ, and with the numerous and obvious biases against Christianity in virtually every form of media, it can get pretty exhausting.

But take heart, brothers and sisters. This is how we know we're on the right path. The world wants to hate us? Fine. Hate us.

2 Corinthians 12:10
Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Mark 10: 28-30 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee. And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.

We've had it easy in this country for a while, but that isn't the natural state of Christianity. These are the times that separate the wheat from the tares. Good and faithful followers of Christ will endure. Weak ones will fall away and live by the standards of the world. Jesus told us this would happen. He knew, He warned us.

Homework: Can you find more verses that teach us this as well?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. - John 15:18

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you. - Matthew 5:44

In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted. - 2 Timothy 3:12

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. - Matthew 5:11
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Good ones!

Verses like these give me comfort. It's easy to be discouraged when we see the way the world is changing, but The Lord told us it would be so, yet He also gave us hope and assures us that things will be great in the end.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
J.K. Riki
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they are called sons of God.

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

“Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

+

“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet.

You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." - Matt 5

All part of the same concept, I think. Who we are, whose we are, and that we will face trials for those things. I really like your quote "We've had it easy in this country for a while, but that isn't the natural state of Christianity." Well said. I shall have to remember that one! And prayers for those in countries where Christianity is still in its fallen-world natural-state, because they are being killed and harmed for their faith.
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
Honestly, I think just how much Jews and Christians have been persecuted over the years when compared to other religions as a whole is practically a proof in itself that we're the "one true religion".

Also:
https://babylonbee.com/news/christian-j ... th-illegal
Last updated March 13th
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Babylon Bee is awesome.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ArcticFox wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:42 pm Babylon Bee is awesome.
Quote from the article....
But the candidates I support tend to be slightly more prone to just leave me alone.
Pretty much the core tenant of the Libertarian party right there. :wink:

But to be honest, I've always thought persecution of any form was just dumb. If you don't like something, then don't be a part of it.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Sstavix wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:02 am But to be honest, I've always thought persecution of any form was just dumb. If you don't like something, then don't be a part of it.
Persecution has never been about simple dislike. It's about fear. That's why it isn't enough to just leave someone be. If you think they're a threat, then they must be destroyed, or at least controlled to the degree where they can't hurt you.

The simple truth is that Christianity is an existential threat to the modern world's amoral practices and philosophies. As long as Christians exist, we can be a living example of why Christ's way is better. That's not so good for those whose power and fame are based upon principles in conflict with the Gospel.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens