Comfort Verses

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
So with the way things are going out in the world, and so many aspects of God's Commandments under relentless and constant attack in pop culture, entertainment media, even the law in some places, what verses in Scripture bring you comfort?

I was thinking maybe this would be a nice place to talk about them and share?
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Titus 2:13
Waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Maybe not very unique, but I'm a huge fan of Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.
I also feel closer to Heavenly Father when I think about James 1:5, my favorite scripture verse of all:
If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
J.K. Riki
Honestly at this point most of the verses give me a lot of comfort (though there are always some that tend to do the opposite, I suppose, and right now that's the books of Joshua/Judges and Proverbs, mostly).

I will think more on this and which specific ones to list. :)
Beastbot
Gamer
Gamer
My favorite passage in the entire Bible-- the one that both brings me comfort in my salvation and the courage to stand strong-- is Mark 8:36-38:

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Last updated March 13th
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Beastbot wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:07 pm My favorite passage in the entire Bible-- the one that both brings me comfort in my salvation and the courage to stand strong-- is Mark 8:36-38:

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.
Good one!

How incredibly relevant that one is in this day and age.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens