Disney cancels popular Christian concert hosted there

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
J.K. Riki
I dunno... I guess I find that article to be a touch sensationalist. I mean, sure, they might be cancelling it all for political reasons, but that's kind of their call to make. The quotes about "Disney rolling over in his grave" are a bit much. (Plus given what the Walt Disney Company has done in the last few decades, the poor guy has already rolled over in his grave so many times he probably burned a hole in the bottom of the coffin. :P )

We can't keep looking to secular places to support what we know to be true. They will always let us down eventually. It's great when Christian ministry and secular companies overlap, but if the companies walk away we can take joy in the truth we know and let them go on their way, wishing them all the best (because we know what "the best" truly is).
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
J.K. Riki wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 4:10 pm We can't keep looking to secular places to support what we know to be true. They will always let us down eventually.
That is the wisest thing I've read in years. You win the thread.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
reephn
Noob
Noob
Honestly I am not too surprised. Disney is satanic. Just take a look at their logo.
Disney logo
Disney logo
Evil disney.jpg (104.46 KiB) Viewed 6722 times
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
reephn wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 7:14 pm Honestly I am not too surprised. Disney is satanic. Just take a look at their logo.
I'm not a Disney fan, but I think I need more evidence than a bit of sloppy cursive to call them satanic...
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
reephn
Noob
Noob
Unfortunately there is more then that, just look it up. This was just the most obvious one that would be clear to those who know their Bible. Here is a website by another Christian researcher: https://www.nicholson1968.com/disney-gone-bad
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
reephn wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 am Unfortunately there is more then that, just look it up. This was just the most obvious one that would be clear to those who know their Bible. Here is a website by another Christian researcher: https://www.nicholson1968.com/disney-gone-bad
Sorry. I must have missed the Bible verse when it talks about the evils of Walt Disney's cursive script.

And that website... Brother, that's a bunch of marketing and conspiracy theories. You sure that's the source you want to use?
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
reephn
Noob
Noob
ArcticFox wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 3:13 am
reephn wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 2:52 am Unfortunately there is more then that, just look it up. This was just the most obvious one that would be clear to those who know their Bible. Here is a website by another Christian researcher: https://www.nicholson1968.com/disney-gone-bad
Sorry. I must have missed the Bible verse when it talks about the evils of Walt Disney's cursive script.

And that website... Brother, that's a bunch of marketing and conspiracy theories. You sure that's the source you want to use?
I am not on this form to argue. I will hold my own beliefs on this matter, but I definitely believe not everything in this earth is as innocent as it may seem. Unfortunately there is evil surrounding us all over in this world and many people are trained to not see it.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
reephn wrote: Tue May 22, 2018 10:32 pm I am not on this form to argue. I will hold my own beliefs on this matter, but I definitely believe not everything in this earth is as innocent as it may seem. Unfortunately there is evil surrounding us all over in this world and many people are trained to not see it.
Of course there's evil all over the world. The Bible DOES tell us that. Doesn't make the Walt Disney logo evidence of it though.

Doesn't have to be an argument. There's nothing wrong with friendly debate. :)
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
reephn
Noob
Noob
Great :) I definitely did not want to appear rude. Sometimes things get lost in text. I know you can't just tell by a logo, but when researching things you can often discover dark roots. I know that website is from what many would people call a conspiracy nut, but there are more mainstream videos and articles about vulgar words and pictures featured in advertising and film by Disney. While your eyes may not capture this, your brain subconsciously does. A few of these examples are in Tangled, The Lion King, and the Rescuers. Additionally Disney pushes the homosexual agenda through their movies and TV shows (Beauty and the Beast & Good Luck Charlie). The show Gravity Falls featured many actual satanic figures and symbols, such as the pyramid with an eye. While many say that Disney did this show as a joke, that is an awfully deep subject for the targeted audience. This is my opinion. I know how easy it is to trust a company that you have known since you were young.I often fall into traps that I discover are not as innocent as I once thought they were. I think the more evil that shows up clearly in our world tells us that we are closer to Jesus' return. So even if there is wrong and evil things in the world, we should rejoice knowing we are one step closer to meeting God. :D

Edit: While researching it more I found some disturbing photos that I had never seen before
Walt Disney.jpg
Walt Disney.jpg (66.73 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
Disney 3.jpg
Disney 3.jpg (25.46 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
Disney.PNG
Disney.PNG (228.63 KiB) Viewed 6655 times
reephn
Noob
Noob
Mug.PNG
Mug.PNG (92.99 KiB) Viewed 6652 times
Disney2.jpg
Disney2.jpg (19.1 KiB) Viewed 6652 times
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Generally speaking, I don't have much use for Disney content. Even Star Wars, once a personal favorite, has been ruined for me as Kathleen Kennedy warps it into a vehicle for political indoctrination.

And that's not a conspiracy theory, she's admitted it.

Marvel films are in a weird place because some of them are actually quite conservative. Maybe it's been more resistant.
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
reephn
Noob
Noob
I did not know about the Star Wars actress (I never could get into it). That is interesting how she outright admits what she is doing. I think it is odd how Disney has bought several entertainment companies over the years such as Lucas Films, Marvel, ABC, Etc;. I think most could agree that there has been a huge shift in morals since these film companies were bought by Disney. Fox, another Disney owned company recently canceled a show named "Lucifer" depicting Satan as a good, moral, and charming human being. Interestingly enough Disney is one of 6 companies that own 96% of American television channels.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
reephn wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 4:54 pm I did not know about the Star Wars actress (I never could get into it). That is interesting how she outright admits what she is doing. I think it is odd how Disney has bought several entertainment companies over the years such as Lucas Films, Marvel, ABC, Etc;. I think most could agree that there has been a huge shift in morals since these film companies were bought by Disney. Fox, another Disney owned company recently canceled a show named "Lucifer" depicting Satan as a good, moral, and charming human being. Interestingly enough Disney is one of 6 companies that own 96% of American television channels.
Yeah it's not on a good trajectory.

(Just to clarify: Kathleen Kennedy is the current CEO of Lucasfilm. Not an actress. It's worse this way though, isn't it?)
—Brigham Young

—Christopher Hitchens
reephn
Noob
Noob
Oh, that is way worse. I had no clue.