Ask Kwan

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Kwan
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:52 am I never read those, actually. As popular as they were, I kinda figured I would not like them. I realize that sounds arrogant...but still. I like the Harry Potter series though, so I might give them a shot sometime.

TV/movies that end so terrible you want to slap the producers?

I'm tempted to say Firefly. I love the show, but it ended too soon. Yesterday, my mom was telling me about the 'plot twist' in the TV show 'Dallas' to undo the entire first season. Look it up if you'd like; I can't think of anything much lazier.

Favorite webcomics?

I don't recall ever reading one. Have any recommendations? :)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Heh. Nice. The 'it was all a dream' thing was common place then. Magnum PI died in his final episode...only to receive such an angry response that it was brought back for another season, because the last episode was a dream. :P

Floppy haircuts?
Kwan
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:51 am Heh. Nice. The 'it was all a dream' thing was common place then. Magnum PI died in his final episode...only to receive such an angry response that it was brought back for another season, because the last episode was a dream. :P

Floppy haircuts?

As long as the hair is not in the eyes, I can't complain. I guess you could say mine is a bit of one anyways. I don't really care for the shaved sides, mop of hair on top combo look that's become popular by many young adults either though. What can I say though, my mom still cuts my hair (much more convenient than a barber), so I'm not exactly a critic! :)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Mine too. Same stuff. XD

How was your Christmas?
Kwan
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 am Mine too. Same stuff. XD

How was your Christmas?

Christmas was nice. After finishing up one of my most hectic semesters yet, it was a much needed break. We stayed home this year and enjoyed a White Christmas here in Western Washington (first in nearly a decade, apparently). I got a Kindle Paperwhite, which I've been enjoying using (checking out digital books from the library is really convenient).

Well, back to the grind again. :|
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I do love how easy a Kindle makes it to get new books. I love mine. <3

The January slumps?
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
What is your most favorite food? Why?
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Kwan
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:47 am I do love how easy a Kindle makes it to get new books. I love mine. <3

The January slumps?

Near the end of the year, I picture myself accomplishing many grandiose feets as I feverishly compile a list of resolutions. January comes and goes, and at the end of it, I'm just happy I managed my basic human functions. I guess there's always the Chinese New Year to look forward to if I want to take another swing at them. :)
BlockHeadLewie wrote:What is your most favorite food? Why?

Probably pasta; I've always enjoyed it for as long as I can remember. I'm the exact opposite of a picky eater though, so practically all food will make me happy.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I've been considering calling January my recovery month. I broke myself mentally and physically over the September-December period, and I just want a nap. XD

What grandiose feats were you aiming for this year?
Kwan
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:26 am I've been considering calling January my recovery month. I broke myself mentally and physically over the September-December period, and I just want a nap. XD

What grandiose feats were you aiming for this year?

Ah, how long has it been since I posted here? Update: I am alive (mostly). :P

Hmm, let's see if I remember (obviously things didn't go as planned): pick up my German studies again and learn French (I still have my eyes set on Switzerland one day), find a summer internship, begin working on my senior capstone project (which will probably be building an Android application), learn how to draw (better?), get ripped, ect.

I don't even know anymore. I'm sick right now, and I just want to make it through this semester without drowning in the schoolwork. Life is good; God is good; I'm doing fine. :)
ShadowedStarr
I'm only part way through Bastion. But what is your favorite part in it? :?:
Kwan
ShadowedStarr wrote: Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:25 am I'm only part way through Bastion. But what is your favorite part in it? :?:

Without spoiling anything, there is one particular decision you get to make near the game that has stuck with me ever since.

Once you've finished the game:
Spoiler:
When you lay down your weapons and chose to save Zulf - carrying him in your arms as you are being shot - I can't think of a better representation of Christ's forgiveness in any form of media. I know it's not intended to be a religious game (at least, not in the Christian sense), but I can't help myself from drawing the connection.
The artwork, soundtrack, narration, characters, world, all of it is amazing. It is easily one of my favorite games, if not of all-time.
kittycathead
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Not likely
What's your favorite number? Mine's 27 (the page number this post is on).
Kwan
kittycathead wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:00 am What's your favorite number? Mine's 27 (the page number this post is on).

Spoiler:
I've always liked '5' for some reason. Any numbers with 5. Probably because the first time I thought about favorite number was when I was 5 y/o.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Hello Kwan!
How has it been going?
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.