Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I was thinking Prisoner Zero. It's straight up weird sauce...but it's been very entertaining thus far. It's on Netflix, but I have not finished the series, so I won't recommend it.

Thanksgiving day plans?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:20 am I was thinking Prisoner Zero. It's straight up weird sauce...but it's been very entertaining thus far. It's on Netflix, but I have not finished the series, so I won't recommend it.
Odd name. What is it about?
Chozon1 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:20 am Thanksgiving day plans?
Working! :lol: I will be at Walmart from 4 p.m. to midnight, apparently trying to contain a riot. Don't want too many customers grabbing blenders....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Sstavix wrote:Odd name. What is it about?
I don't even kind of know. Ostensibly, it's about a mysterious Prisoner Zero. A non-entity imprisoned by the evil Imperium (a mind and body altering technology as well as a governmental entity) for reasons unknown, with the idea that he and his friends are desperately trying to find a way to stop it using an ancient, mysterious ship filches from the Imperium (who themselves found it floating around space and commandeered it).

Practically, it's...weird sauce. The plot goes every which way and takes all manner of crazy turns to the point that it's much like Star Trek morphed with Doctor Who morphed with...Farscape, I guess. With more than a hair of fantasy thrown in, because why not? It's for kids, and thus far has been very entertaining, if the animation is like a very stiff Dragonball. Haven't finished it yet though, so caveats all over the place.
Sstavix wrote: Working! I will be at Walmart from 4 p.m. to midnight, apparently trying to contain a riot. Don't want too many customers grabbing blenders....
Wow. You have the Black Friday shift I worked when I had a job there. I was kind of afraid you'd say that though. I empathize. That is the reason I boycott stores on Thanksgiving; I think it's wrong to pull people away from their families for $10 crockpots. I'm sorry amigo.

Did they give you the neon yellow cheese-slice vest? :P
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 am... it's much like Star Trek morphed with Doctor Who morphed with...Farscape, I guess.
My wife and I tried to watch Farscape once. We really couldn't get into it. I don't think we even finished the first season.

And if it's anime, that could be one reason why it doesn't make sense! Some of those shows are odd, especially with their plots.
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:02 am Did they give you the neon yellow cheese-slice vest? :P
Nope - from what I've been told, they're doing things a little different this year. The different departments will be given team colors, with matching vests. I get to wear a neon pink vest for the event! Whee!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sstavix wrote: My wife and I tried to watch Farscape once. We really couldn't get into it. I don't think we even finished the first season.

And if it's anime, that could be one reason why it doesn't make sense! Some of those shows are odd, especially with their plots.
Nor I. XD it's just the first show I could think of with a semi-living mysterious ship.

It's anime-style, but made in Australia. XD
Sstavix wrote: Nope - from what I've been told, they're doing things a little different this year. The different departments will be given team colors, with matching vests. I get to wear a neon pink vest for the event! Whee!
Neon pink is one of my favorite colors though. XD Still. I'm sorry. I don't know if it'll make you feel better, but the worst part of the experience was leaving my family on Thanksgiving; they had me stationed in the toy section with bike tickets, and the Black Friday experience itself wasn't actually bad. I spent like four hours standing behind a table, then the rest of my shift restoring the store and sorting DVD's.

Best pie flavor?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:51 am
Best pie flavor?
For me, it's a real toss-up between chocolate cream and apple. And no, I've never tried to combine the two....
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Coconut cream. <3 Though I do like a good peanut butter.

So how did it go? And how was your Thanksgiving beforehand, which is really the important question?
Starfire11
What’s your favorite forum signature?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:07 am
So how did it go? And how was your Thanksgiving beforehand, which is really the important question?
It wasn't too bad. There was a big rush right at the start, and there were a handful of items that sold almost instantly. But within an hour, the crowd had died down significantly, and by 9:00, some of the associates had already started to break down the displays and move them to more logical locations (like pushing the DVD displays out of the meat department and back to entertainment).

As for beforehand, it went all right there, too. I went to the airport to pick up my niece, and then I helped out a bit at my sister-in-law's restaurant before I had to leave to go to work. Yes, my wife was working on Thanksgiving, too!
Starfire11 wrote:What’s your favorite forum signature?
I haven't given it much thought, honestly. I do like to see the NaNoWriMo boxes, though - it's fun to watch my fellow writers and their progress in the annual event!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
That was generally my experience as well. I spent another hour or so in the store on the phone with my mom seeing if there was anything left she wanted after the rampage. XD

Odd vegetables you've never heard of?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:19 am Odd vegetables you've never heard of?
I am sure there are some out there! But how can I have an opinion on something until I know it exists? ;)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, I more meant...how likely are you to see a random, unknown vegetable in a store and purchase it?

We usually enjoy trying strange vegetables. There's less ick factor than strange meats.

Save perhaps bitter melon.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:25 am Well, I more meant...how likely are you to see a random, unknown vegetable in a store and purchase it?
Ah, OK! I got you now. You know... I don't know if I've ever run across a (previously) unknown vegetable in the store. Maybe my stores are boring, or I'm just not looking. If I did see something like that, though, I would be unlikely to purchase it until I did more research into it's origins and how to prepare it.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
We usually purchase it first (if it's cheap any way) and then figure out what it does afterwards. XD It's a luxury afforded by the internet that I greatly enjoy.

It is better to give someone a wedgie than discuss the problem like an adult?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:15 am It is better to give someone a wedgie than discuss the problem like an adult?
Absolutely not! Wedgies are never a cool thing, no matter what age you are. A calm, rational discussion should always be the preferred option.

Now if the person you are speaking to is neither calm nor rational, then there is no point in talking to them in the first place. Just shake your head, announce that they are wasting your time, and walk away.