Go ask the lizard-guy something....

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Sstavix wrote: I will give a pass for nacho cheese, but mainly because the spices and peppers will cover the flavor of the fake cheese. Otherwise, stick with real cheese whenever possible. It's better for you, anyway. (Especially if the oils that make up the brand of American cheese are soybean or cottonseed oils. Avoid those like the plague, man....)
Debatable, when you consider the amount of cream and butter a 'real' cheese sauce requires. It's...a different kind of unhealthy. The issue is even less certain when people with dairy sensitivity are involved (I know lactose intolerant people who can't eat real cheese or aged cheese that can eat Kraft slices fine. Which doesn't say much for the dairy content of said cheese, but it's still a benefit. :P ).
Sstavix wrote: Best way to avoid that is by not getting sick. Proper nutrition is key... such as cutting fake cheese out of your diet.
To live in a world where this is true. I have respiratory issues stemming from severe pneumonia as a kid. I get sick at the drop of a hat in cold weather. Especially if it's dusty. XD

Have you ever looked forward to an album, finally got it, and then realized it was literally the most depressing album you've ever listened to?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Chozon1 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:35 am
Debatable, when you consider the amount of cream and butter a 'real' cheese sauce requires. It's...a different kind of unhealthy.
I suppose that depends on your definition of unhealthy. Then again, keep in mind we typically only use whole milk in this house because we do prefer the fat content. ;) It's a healthy fat!
Chozon1 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:35 am Have you ever looked forward to an album, finally got it, and then realized it was literally the most depressing album you've ever listened to?
No, but I've been to movies that have done this. I also have purchased an album because I heard a couple songs on the radio and liked them... then was disappointed to discover that those two songs were the only decent tracks on the album. :evil: It's one reason why this day and age is so great - I can listen to an entire album on-line (typically through YouTube) before deciding if I want to buy the whole thing, or just the songs I like.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Sstavix wrote: I suppose that depends on your definition of unhealthy. Then again, keep in mind we typically only use whole milk in this house because we do prefer the fat content. It's a healthy fat!
As do we. But there's a world of difference between whole milk and cream. And it still doesn't account for the butter.
Sstavix wrote: No, but I've been to movies that have done this. I also have purchased an album because I heard a couple songs on the radio and liked them... then was disappointed to discover that those two songs were the only decent tracks on the album. It's one reason why this day and age is so great - I can listen to an entire album on-line (typically through YouTube) before deciding if I want to buy the whole thing, or just the songs I like.
Eh...Probably would have been a good thing in hindsight. But I pre-ordered the album through Kickstarter to a band I've been following for almost a decade...it is literally the most depressing CD I've ever heard. And I live in a world of country music and the state which originated the Blues. O_o I know some sad, sappy 'every body dies cold and alone' Christmas songs (the Cat Carol and Christmas Shoes come to mind) that sound downright poppy in comparison.

The sad times when a simply attitude shift would change everything, but no one wants to do it?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:39 am
The sad times when a simply attitude shift would change everything, but no one wants to do it?
Sounds like living in a house with a teenage daughter, who often fights with her two younger siblings. ;)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Why does it seem legitimately difficult to move the one piece of furniture you constantly stub your toe on to a different location in the room?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
I'm not sure. Is it bolted to the floor or something?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
No. It has wheels. O_o It's a little radiant heater we put in the living room every winter. The demonic thing frequently takes out my toes and shins. I think it's the wheels that are the problem actually. Because it rolls, it's never in quite the same spot. I'm going to take to drawing little legs on its side every time I hit it. See what the score is at the end of the season.

The real reason frost giants are so angry is because they can never taste hot cocoa?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:01 am No. It has wheels. O_o It's a little radiant heater we put in the living room every winter. The demonic thing frequently takes out my toes and shins. I think it's the wheels that are the problem actually. Because it rolls, it's never in quite the same spot. I'm going to take to drawing little legs on its side every time I hit it. See what the score is at the end of the season.
So how do you score points in this game? Seems a bit one-sided to me.... ;)
Chozon1 wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:01 am The real reason frost giants are so angry is because they can never taste hot cocoa?
Actually, frost giants enjoy hot cocoa, and often dare each other to chug it. It's similar to how humans dare each other to eat ghost peppers.

No, the reason why frost giants are so grumpy is because others are always thinking things like what you posted. Stop stereotyping them, man! They have feelings, too! (Admittedly, those feelings are typically hatred and rage, but they count!)
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I outlast it. At the end of the season it becomes useless, and put in storage. I...well. I don't get put in storage. Endurance is a kind of heroism.

Did you just assume my non-frostgiantness? Hey, I identify as a frost giant sometimes. Yeesh man. It's 2017.

There is no more perfect a meal than a double cheeseburger and chili cheese fries?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:32 am
Did you just assume my non-frostgiantness? Hey, I identify as a frost giant sometimes. Yeesh man. It's 2017.
That would be amusing to self-identify as a frost giant. "I am a frost giant! I'm just short for my species...."

Of course, that would mean that you would want to run around half-naked in a blizzard. And you wouldn't be using a space heater. ;)
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:32 am There is no more perfect a meal than a double cheeseburger and chili cheese fries?
Ooh! What if you put the chili cheese fries on the double cheeseburger!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I do wear shorts and T-shirts in the snow. Sandals too, perhaps. Depending on the depth. Granted, this is MS so an inch of snow is enough to incite panic. :P I also dislike that space heater...might be from subluminal massages from my frost giant genes.

It's just a bad sign when you go to make a joke about self-identifying as a frost giant and part of you is afraid you'll get sued over it?
Starfire11
Is everyone in Idaho a potato farmer?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:47 am I do wear shorts and T-shirts in the snow. Sandals too, perhaps. Depending on the depth. Granted, this is MS so an inch of snow is enough to incite panic. :P I also dislike that space heater...might be from subluminal massages from my frost giant genes.

It's just a bad sign when you go to make a joke about self-identifying as a frost giant and part of you is afraid you'll get sued over it?
Your defense always could be "can you prove that I'm not?" Besides, frost giant lawyers are unheard of. Their general conflict resolution consists of "whoever throws a boulder the farthest is obviously right."
Starfire11 wrote:Is everyone in Idaho a potato farmer?
Possibly in the southern half of the state. ;) But up north, there also is a thriving logging industry, as well as some delightful ski resorts. It also is the state with the most land dedicated to natural resources, outside of Alaska. So tourism and recreational activities also are prime industries as well. And as odd as it sounds, there also is a thriving technological industry as well. Micron Technologies, one of the main manufacturer of microchips in the U.S., is based in southern Idaho. And let's not forget that Philo Farnsworth invented the television from Idaho as well!
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
...What size boulders?

Weird sauce TV shows that are still awesome?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 am ...What size boulders?
Probably the biggest boulders they can lift. :lol:
Chozon1 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:49 am
Weird sauce TV shows that are still awesome?
Weird sauce? So, cooking shows like Chopped? Chopped is an awesome show....