Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
micah211 wrote: I watched a 16 hour livestream, not the whole thing obviously, but it took him that whole time and he wasn't even at 200 light and only got 1 legendary weapon.
This is gonna be good!

Exotic Ships!?
It is good! My only complaint is the weapon/armor upgrade system. But I won't say much until I know for sure you've played it.

I have an exotic ship though! O_o I was so weirded out when I got it. XD I like what it does though. No spoilers, again.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Here's another BlazBlue song, this one plays as BGM to a fight, I think. (Truth be told, when I played this game, I was more focused on not dying, lol)

Thoughts?
That just means the game is good. XD

Again, I like it. Very much like the SNES action games I grew up loving. No complaints whatsoever. That was actually really good, though. Awesome.
Jaredk105 wrote: What do you like most about video games?

Also, I noticed on your profile page that you play the keyboard. What songs do you like to play?
Perhaps the fact that they allow me to do things that I could not ever do in real life. Fighting terrible darkness at the edge of the solar system, crawling through a monster infested ship as a space marine. Rescuing a princess from a dragon. Being the one hero who never falls, never fails, and does amazing things along his way to save the world. Exploring fantastic locales, and always being able to make money doing things that I love. Whether it be grabbing floating coins, slaying demons, or trading a variety of goods on the intergalactic space lanes. :P

The dreams that set my heart aflame, but that could never be made real in life. That is why I game.

Unfortunately, I haven't played in years. Got my heart broke when I was turned down by a music college, and I've struggled to pick up an instrument since. XD

I was always more of a guitarist anyway, though.
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
I got to play the first time on Friday. I got to lvl 20 last night and got a bunch of legendary and exotic gear, mostly 2 exotics from legendary engrams.

I love the upgrading system! I like the the mods determine what makes your weapons unique. The shader system is even better!

As for the ships and what they do, I'm assuming you mean the spawn animations? I like the jade rabbit one.

What's your favorite weapon so far?
I literally do nothing
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Here's another one. It's the theme for one of my favorite characters in BB. I think you'll like it.

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
micah211 wrote: I got to play the first time on Friday. I got to lvl 20 last night and got a bunch of legendary and exotic gear, mostly 2 exotics from legendary engrams.

I love the upgrading system! I like the the mods determine what makes your weapons unique. The shader system is even better!

As for the ships and what they do, I'm assuming you mean the spawn animations? I like the jade rabbit one.

What's your favorite weapon so far?
I meant the way of increasing the Light of weapons. The Mod/shader system is one of the best updates. I love it so much. XD I do not love having to break apart other Legendary weapons to increase my light on gear, though. It's not as much of a problem now that Legendary equipment isn't so rare, but it was annoying very, very early on. I actually quit using my Coldheart because it quickly became outstripped in light level, and I didn't have the shards to upgrade it. -_-

Favorite weapon is tricky. I still haven't got ahold of Sweet Business. Energy Auto Rifles border on being ridiculous, so they are my go to. So I really like Perseverance. Looks cool, very powerful. Nicely accurate. No complaints. I'm also a fan of The Old Fashioned. If it had explosive rounds, I'd probably use nothing else.

I'm really liking the Sturm+Drang combo, too. Doesn't work so well on bosses, but you can't beat it for general use. You never have to reload. It's almost better than Bad Juju in that regard. Not a huge fan of sidearms still, and I miss the use of an auto rifle, which seems to be working best for me. But Drang is gold plated, and I'd be tempted to use it simply for ridiculous reasons even if it didn't have the reloading benefit.. >_>

I also, really, really like the Wardcliff Coil. Not so much for being powerful, but for being ridiculously fun to use. XD It has no crosshairs and is aimed with sincere well wishes, and is basically a rocket shotgun, and I just love it. It's hilarious.

Oh, and line Fusion rifles. The entire class of them. It's a laser sniper rifle. :O I had a dude explain to me the other day that the DPS wasn't as high as sniper rifles and other Power guns.

I was like, "Yeah. But it's a LASER sniper rifle." XD
Deepfreeze32 wrote: Here's another one. It's the theme for one of my favorite characters in BB. I think you'll like it.

Thoughts?
I did like it! ^_^ That reminds me of one of the Super Smash level themes. Can't remember which one though.

Good stuff though.
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Wow... I barely have any progress. So far apart from the exotics they give you for the story I only have the Hard Light.

I love the linear fusion rifles, I got the Tarantula the other day and it's amazing.

Do you have an exotic emote?
I literally do nothing
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
So this next one is possibly my favorite song in the Calamity Trigger OST (Calamity Trigger is the first BlazBlue game). This is a character theme AND the song used for story selection. It's a bit of a slow burn, but keep with it.

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
micah211 wrote: Wow... I barely have any progress. So far apart from the exotics they give you for the story I only have the Hard Light.

I love the linear fusion rifles, I got the Tarantula the other day and it's amazing.

Do you have an exotic emote?
BUT I WANT THE HARD LIGHT SOOOO MUCH. XD It was my favorite auto Rifle from D1. And I've heard it's only gotten better.

But if it will make you feel better, a lot of my progress can be attributed to a lucky RNG run. I got two exotic drops in one day from Heroic public events, and then one of my legendary engrams spawned an exotic.

I've been using the Man 'O War, which the dude on Nessos gave me...Ashir? Point is...LASER SNIPE.

I do not. Dang, they made exotic everything didn't they? XD I'm not complaining, I guess.
Deepfreeze32 wrote: So this next one is possibly my favorite song in the Calamity Trigger OST (Calamity Trigger is the first BlazBlue game). This is a character theme AND the song used for story selection. It's a bit of a slow burn, but keep with it.

Thoughts?
I liked it a lot. Very epic. Plus, I love vocalizations like that. :D Good stuff.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
A choral accompaniment can be awesome. And that song is so epic, I sometimes hang out on the story select screen just to hear it.

This next character theme blends a bit of electronic music into the same style you've heard so far. I really like this one.

Thoughts?
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Honestly the hard light feels different. From a PvE view it's way better. From a PvP view I dare say it's worse.

The linear rifles are amazing though!

Why does everybody hate hand cannons now?
I literally do nothing
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
A weary figure kicks down a dusty door, unveiling a room starting to show signs of disuse. His clothing is stained, filthy, and smelly; his armor rent and weakened; half his left eyebrow has been burned away, a patchy beard is clawing at his face, and his eyes have a haunted look about them. He has either seen or experienced too much in recent days. He is considerably smelly. Flies are his closest companions, and the only ones willing to get within sniffing distance. Even his dog eyes him warily, uncertain whether to love him or roll on him.

He collapses into a comfy, if not dust covered, couch and sits there for awhile. It almost looks and smells as if he has died. But then a shaky hand gropes for the 2-liter of soda that is perpetually at the head end of the couch, just within arm reach, just outside accidental kicking range, a comforting, knowable brother to the weary gamer. He finds it, swills the fluid like water from the first well, then stares into the depths of the bubbly liquid like the soul of a lost love.

"The Emperor Calus," he whispers softly to the shadows in the room, "is dead."

After another moment, he reached under the couch and pulls out a dusty laptop. The gamer...is home.

Deepfreeze32 wrote: A choral accompaniment can be awesome. And that song is so epic, I sometimes hang out on the story select screen just to hear it.

This next character theme blends a bit of electronic music into the same style you've heard so far. I really like this one.

Thoughts?
I used to listen to one of the songs in the Kirby DS game...can't remember what it was called. But it was surprisingly epic.

As for that song, I like it too. ^_^ A lot, to be honest. No complaints.
micah211 wrote: Honestly the hard light feels different. From a PvE view it's way better. From a PvP view I dare say it's worse.

The linear rifles are amazing though!

Why does everybody hate hand cannons now?
I'm more into PvE, usually. That is why I want it. Affinity changing...I love me some affinity changing. <3

Do people hate hand cannons now? I know pulse rifles are supposed to be "the meta", but I see people using the...Sunblaster? The exotic fireball-of-death handcannon. I want one, by the by. But I see people using that fairly frequently. I didn't know people were hating on mah hand cannons.

For myself, I was on a pulse rifle streak in D1, and I continued it in D2, so I haven't used hand cannons much...got a really sweet energy one last night though, that I am planning on putting through its paces later. Plus, Lincoln Green has a poop-load of ammo, which I need. Just for security reasons, of course. >_> I never miss a shot ever at all.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
That was an epic introduction. XD

Here's another BlazBlue song for you. This one reminds me of Train of Thought-era Dream Theater, if that means anything to you. XD

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thank you. XD I spent...I don't remember actually. O_o four days? Maybe five. Anyway, I spent every minute of my free time in those four days--and cutting well into my sleeping time--beating the Raid in Destiny. I don't ever want to do it again. At the very least, I want a real team. Things got easier when I stumbled onto people who not only knew what they were doing, but actually wanted to get it done. Twelve year olds should be banned from gaming online.

I do hear Dream Theater. Also perhaps a bit of Savatage/TSO. I would listen to that on its own, outside of a game. It's just good stuff.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Got something completely different for you. I think I showed you some songs from the band Public Service Broadcasting. Well, I saw them live on Thursday, and...they were excellent. I found an official live recording of one of my favorite songs by them, and...

What do you think?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I liked it. Kinda mellow, never repetitions. The voice clips sound like Leslie Howard, which pretty much can't be beat...At the risk of repeating myself, that was really good. No complaints. I'd listen to that in a car.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, funnily enough, it IS Leslie Howard. The clips on the projectors (In fact, the music video for the studio recording) and the audio samples are all taken from the same source: the 1942 biographical film of R. J. Mitchell (Designer of the Supermarine Spitfire), The First of the Few. Howard stars as Mitchell in that movie, and I believe it was one of the last movies he made before he was killed. That's a major part of Public Service Broadcasting's style. They take clips from archival footage (and old movies) and use them as lyrics/sound effects for the rest of their music.

Here's a music video of theirs, which features more than just clips from the source material:

Thoughts?