Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Still good, but definitely more of a background beat and less of a song that I want to actively listen to, if that makes sense.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Here's a song from one of the most intense portions of the game. I won't spoil much about it, but it almost feels like it's going to be game over...and then it's not.

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Very tense. Kinda exciting.

Seems like something that would go behind a "HOLY CRINKLE FRIES" moment.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
That's actually not a bad descriptor for what happens, lol.

After said intense moment, you get a new investigation theme as you try to uncover the truth of what is going on. The track called Box 15 (the second Danganronpa song I showed you) is the first investigation theme. Fittingly, the new one is called Box 16.

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I don't know. Not bad, not amazing. Just kinda...background noise, I guess. Which sounds like what it is. XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
So how do you feel about the Switch library? Even if you don't have one, how do you feel about the games that are currently available?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Fine. Better than fine, maybe? There's not dozens of big name releases, but the console hasn't been out six months, so that doesn't bother me intrinsically. There's not a lot there for Call of Overwatch players yet...Could use more RPGs too, but I haven't looked at the Virtual Console.

Come the end of the year, another half dozen games will be released that could be added to a list of personal wants, and next year that'll double again. I need me a Switch. I would buy it for Zelda and Mario alone, though. :D Also, because I know Metroid Prime 4 is coming out next year.

It is a bit sparse, but when I look over the library at a glance, I don't see m/any trash 3rd party movie games, so the numbers alone are a bit deceptive. Which interests me, as everyone console release I have lived through has basically been three or four good games, and then several dozen trash titles released as a cash grab.

Also, I just remembered that Metroid Prime 4 is coming out next year. :O My sister probably won't ever need a kidney, which means I have one to spare. I'ma cash that thing in.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Heheh. I'm waiting for Metroid Prime 4, and the new SMT game on the Switch before I pull the trigger. I have a good enough backlog to go through right now. XD

Hatsune Miku?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
MP4 is apparently 2019 anyway. But portable Skyrim isn't exactly something I'd complain about either. Don't think I'll be getting on this year, but...that kidney is kinda beat up anyway.

I don't actually know anything about that. Either the voice or the game series.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Well, if you don't know anything about it, it's probably not really for you. In fact, unless you have this hidden love of Japanese Idol Culture and Rhythm Games, it's not for you. XD

Microtransactions in a full-price game?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
There's no safe completely honest answer to that.

There is also no flame hot enough nor pink slip pink enough to condemn the creators of micro transactions in full priced games. If I wasn't against governmental control of non-governmental things, I would actually be tempted to wish for laws against the practice.

Unless it's for completely optional things, like cosmetic DLC costumes or items. Those don't bother me because...they're optional. But paying for extra lives or more time in the game or ammo, or whatever...in a game I've already paid for? Instant rage. Or at least instant rant.

I'm not even a fan of DLC, to be honest. I don't buy costumes, and I hate the concept of extra chapters to the story being behind a pay wall. I paid for the game; I should be told the complete story of that game within what I paid for.

The exception for that--loosely, I might add--is games like Destiny, where the expansion is huge, and you can tell the Devs put hundreds of hours into crafting it. I mean...something on the scale of The Taken King is still DLC...but that's big enough to be its own game. And I don't mind paying for that. Don't want to...but I understand it.

But then, that's not a microtransaction. If Destiny charged me for--or offered the option of--restarting in a dark zone for 'magical gems' that cost $5 for 500 of them...I would spit on somebody.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
The main reason I bring it up is because Shadow of War (the sequel to Shadow of Mordor) will have loot boxes. In the single-player campaign. These loot boxes can be bought with in-game currency or a "premium" currency (And of course, the best loot boxes can't be bought without premium currency), and drop orcs. Yeah, orcs are a drop. This is actually not a bad thing (The presence of orcs as loot, that is, the loot boxes are still BS), because they're used to help you out in the game, and can be used in the multiplayer mode. But it's just so scummy I can't help but feel that EA, Konami, and Ubisoft are looking at Warner Brothers and going "Too far, mate."

That brought the game from "Maybe I'll get it on sale" to "I don't think I'll ever get it." Because screw that sort of business behavior.

Oh, and maybe it was wrong to portray EA in a somewhat positive light, because Battlefront 2 will have loot boxes too. Joy. And they are items with actual numerical advantages, no less. Perfect.

Got some electronic music for you. Might have shown you this before, but....

Thoughts?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Deepfreeze32 wrote: The main reason I bring it up is because Shadow of War (the sequel to Shadow of Mordor) will have loot boxes. In the single-player campaign. These loot boxes can be bought with in-game currency or a "premium" currency (And of course, the best loot boxes can't be bought without premium currency), and drop orcs. Yeah, orcs are a drop. This is actually not a bad thing (The presence of orcs as loot, that is, the loot boxes are still BS), because they're used to help you out in the game, and can be used in the multiplayer mode. But it's just so scummy I can't help but feel that EA, Konami, and Ubisoft are looking at Warner Brothers and going "Too far, mate."

That brought the game from "Maybe I'll get it on sale" to "I don't think I'll ever get it." Because screw that sort of business behavior.

Oh, and maybe it was wrong to portray EA in a somewhat positive light, because Battlefront 2 will have loot boxes too. Joy. And they are items with actual numerical advantages, no less. Perfect.

Got some electronic music for you. Might have shown you this before, but....

Thoughts?
Nope. Nope nope nope. Burn it in a fiery conflagration of flaming doom. I don't care about loot boxes as a rule (I don't like paying for random drops), but the instant you make the items have power in game, you've crossed a line. Unless said game is free to play. But even then, it's kinda...aggravating. Pay to win.

Wow. I can't find a reason to find that as anything but bad. And that bothers me, because I was excited about Battlefront 2. And while I realize, yes, I don't have to buy them...I'm not sure I want to support devs adding that particular 'bonus' feature.

The music wasn't bad....but the pacing was somewhat grating to me. Words drawn out too long. Maybe it's because I live in MS.

It wouldn't bother me as a movie soundtrack, but I don't think I'd voluntarily listen to it, I guess. XD
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
That's precisely why I'm so upset that Disney gave exclusive Star Wars game rights to EA: We're never going to see a good game that doesn't also try to swindle you out of your cash in scummy ways. Not until that agreement expires. *flips the bird at EA*

Loot boxes are a large reason I refuse to play Overwatch (Even though the loot boxes are cosmetic there, just the presence of microtransactions in a full-priced game sets me off). The others being I think the game modes are crap (I as a rule tend to hate payload-style modes, and king of the hill just bores me, leaving only one mode I care about), Blizzard matchmaking has been historically terrible (StarCraft II and Hearthstone being two examples that stick out in my mind), and I just don't think the shooting mechanics are that satisfying. I legitimately don't understand why people go so crazy over it, it is one of the most unremarkable popular games I've ever played. I also don't understand the love of Splatoon, especially the motion controls. Splatoon is actually unplayable for me. XD

I dunno, maybe this is more me than anything else, but I tend to vastly prefer single-player experiences to multiplayer ones (With an exception given to games with cooperative elements such as Destiny). I like experiencing a finely crafted world that says something interesting. I only play competitive multiplayer games with my friends, and even then, I get frustrated very easy. I don't like the stress that comes with such games, and every community is toxic enough that I just don't bother anymore.

Finding motivation when there is none to be found?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
It's a day by day thing. Sometimes I want to play with other people and against other people, sometimes I just want to wander through another world all by myself. It's why I've been on such an RPG kick, lately. Playing Destiny feels hollow, since any progress I make won't carry over, and I'm going to be starting fresh in September. Paragon is amazing, but not something you can play just for kicks and giggles (you will get mauled. Plus the meta has changed since I last played), and I don't actually have a CoD title.

Haven't tried Overwatch, though I want to. It's actually the 'SO SRS' community that is throwing me off now. I don't want to be railed at for not being hyper competitive every time I plant my rump in a chair with a controller.

So I tried RPG's. But there's only so many epic tales I can play in a row before I just want to blast something. I should have taken a break between Tales of Symphonia I and II. XD

When lacking motivation, you can always fall back on raw terror. If you really sit down and think about it, there's always something to be afraid of that will drive you onwards. Blind fear of failure at life, if nothing else. :thumbup:

I should be a motivational speaker.

/whyIdon'tgetmuchdonereally