Whatcha reading???

TortugaDM
Noob
Noob
I recently read a book called Way of the Seal by Mark Divine. It written by an ex navy seal and the book is basically about teaching yourself how live a lifestyle of discipline. I liked it. I can't say I'd recommend it to most people because he's got some strange spiritual views that he discusses. but if you can sift through the garbage to find the gems, it's a good read.
J.K. Riki
I am currently reading a book called Evicted, by Matthew Desmond. It is such an easy read in the sense of writing style, and such a hard read in terms of content. To watch real people go through poverty and eviction as well as deal with drug addiction and just the hard aspects of life in general is rough, rough stuff. I can only read a bit of the book at a time before I need to take a break and not lose all faith in humanity...

EDIT: Oh, but I highly recommend it, especially for people like me who have lived a bit more sheltered lives and never gone through stuff like this. My wife grew up very poor so she read the book first and then gave it to me. It's... eye opening to say the least.
Howsha
Noob
Noob
I am re-reading the Dark Tower by Stephen King. The movie for the film is coming out soon and I cannot wait lol
Digamm
Noob
Noob
I'm currently reading The Great Good Thing by Andrew Klavan. It's about a secular New York Jew's journey to Christianity. Great, easy, but powerful read.
Stoney426
Noob
Noob
I am reading a book called: Practical Happines.
storm1485
Noob
Noob
The Bible, Studying with a friend.
J.K. Riki
Currently working through Tim Keller's book called Preaching.

It's about preaching. Shocker, right?
ZanySauce
Gamer
Gamer
Right now I am reading Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne. It has lots of scientific names and nautical notation that I had to ask my parents about :lol:

I like it a lot so far. I am on the third chapter right now.
AKA ZanyAmoeba :mrgreen:

Ask Amoeba is now officially defunct. Sorry :(

Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11 NLT
boardinmike96
Noob
Noob
Hey guys,

I am currently reading "Leading From The Second Chair" by Mike Bonem and Roger Patterson, which basically talks about being subordinate to the leaders in your life (First Chair People), and thriving in the areas that God places you, either in a Job, Organization or internship (Which is why I am reading it; for my internship assignment)
pokernutz86
Noob
Noob
I am not a huge reader, but when i do it is generally the bible. The last full series of books that I read were the Hunger Games books.
Jason397a
Noob
Noob
Illuminae. BEST. BOOK. EVER.
J.K. Riki
Just finished Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Heavy, philosophical, and highly recommended.

Keksikissa
Noob
Noob
Bible. i am not good reader. i have not even tocht books for a file
McNinjaTNT
Noob
Noob
Well Im not Technically reading a book right now lol, but I just finished a book yesterday, it was a fun one, I think its name was: Escape from Warsaw, its about this man than escapes Germany camp thingy and goes home, (I make it sound dumb but idk how to explain it to well xD)
jonlumley
Noob
Noob
The Heros of Olympus series (I don't really read much but these are what I'm reading next)