Ask a Question, Get Deep!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
I have a Xbox One controller connected to my PC for just those reasons. Some games were designed around controllers, and even the best porting jobs can't fix it.

I've never heard of it before. It's a Nihon Falcom game though, so it should at least be interesting.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Unhandily, the only xbox controller I have is a first gen that I modded to connect to a PC...but I've managed to lose the drivers. -_- I just found out that steam supports PS4 controllers now. And that I do have.

Tamales?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Always down for some Tamales.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I spent three days making authentic delta tamales this week. @_@ Worth it...but three days.

Final Fantasy VII?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I need to go back and play that, but I've been avoiding it because tragedy struck me.

I was near the end of disc one (before the infamous death, but I already know about that because the internet don't care about spoilers for a 20+ year old game) when one day the save wouldn't load. My memory card had apparently corrupted, and I lost most of the saves on it. I was such a sad boy. I haven't played a PS1 Final Fantasy since (Other than a brief attempt at Final Fantasy IX which didn't really stick with me).

I own it on PC, and I really should attempt to play it again, but I'm about to start Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age. And then I really want to play Final Fantasy X. Then I'll get around to playing VII.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh man I hate that. Just...PS1 memory cards. I lost...I don't know. I want to say it was several dozen hours of Star Ocean because of a corrupted memory card. @_@ Not including my 80 hour completed file...It was a gamble every time you turned the dang console on. XD People always gloss over the horrors of ancient save systems when talking about how good classic games are.

I will say--granted, I have played Crisis Core and so I knew a lot of stuff--that even amid all the hype...FFVII actually surpassed my expectations. And I still cried. XD

Did you play any of the Destiny 2 beta?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
It is so true, there were a lot of hard times back in the "good old days." Thankfully PS2 memory cards seemed more reliable, so at least there's that.

I am really looking forward to it, but I want to play X first because I've heard so many good things about the story.

I did not play any of the Destiny 2 Beta. Partly because my PS Plus ran out and I'm too lazy to renew it, and partly because I sunk nearly 12 hours into Final Fantasy XII. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Supposedly, you didn't need PS plus to play the beta...but I'm not sure I trust that, honestly.

And yeah...that's probably a better usage of your time. XD The beta was more a very limited demo, and there's just nothing like a good RPG.

What do you think of it so far?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I love it so far. The art style is gorgeous, the world is really intriguing, and the music is incredible. And then there's the gameplay. It reminds me of Knights of the Old Republic and Neverwinter Nights, but with a Japanese twist. The gambits are a really nice way to control your party beyond "Act Freely and ONLY DO WHAT I SAY" that games like Persona 4-5 fall into. I am really getting into it. The new Job system is also excellent, and I just unlocked the second job board for all my characters last night. I love how much customization you get with your character skills. The fast-forward button is also super useful, as I can just pop it on for backtracking or grinding to reduce the pain of both.

tl;dr: It's a fantastic game so far.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sweet. ^_^ Definitely going to go on my list, then.

Strong cheese?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
If by strong you mean sharp (Such as sharp cheddar), then yes please! I love a sharp cheese.

If by strong you mean strong smell, well...depends. lol
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
If by strong you mean sharp (Such as sharp cheddar), then yes please! I love a sharp cheese.

If by strong you mean strong smell, well...depends. lol
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I had some Camembert the other day...I couldn't actually smell it, but it kicked like a mule when I ate it. <3 Nearly tossed my cookies with one bite. It was good though.

When someone say's, "This tastes really good!" And you're standing there unable to fathom what kind of stupid they had to be to put it into their mouth?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
That's pretty much how I feel about eating insects. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
No comment. That just summoned memories that actually just made my stomach clench.

Game Maker?