Prayer for getting through college

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
boardinmike96
Noob
Noob
Hey guys,

Hope you all are doing well today. Since I know the body of Christ is not just one single church where you happen to go to every week, but around the whole world, I wanted to ask for prayer for completing college. I am now a senior with one more year to go after this, and am pursuing a degree in Music Composition. There are many requirements that come easier for me than others, and that are more manageable, but unfortunately the one thing holding me up, presently, is piano. It is my primary instrument, which means that I need to be at a certain level before I graduate. I am at level 3, and need to be at level 4. This may not seem very difficult, but by the grace of God, my professors pushed me from 2 to 3 (I worked extremely hard last semester with songs that just barely met the standard for the level), so getting to level 4 feels impossible for me right now. Sight reading is part of that problem, because I can memorize music very easily, and have been blessed to play by ear my whole life, but reading sheet music, continually holds me back from the hope of going somewhere with this field in the future. I would appreciate prayer for strength, faith, to trust that God is in control, and the courage to fight till the end and finish this race.

Thank you all very much for your prayers!

Michael
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Praying! Please keep us posted!
J.K. Riki
Praying God gives you the strength and peace to finish out school! Remember in the real world they don't care HOW you make great music, be it notation or by ear. So just keep going and pass whatever tests you need and that will be the end of that! :)
EchoDelta
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Yes!
I'll keep you in my prayers. I've always admired people who are able to "read" music. I've tried many times, but it doesn't make sense.