Ask qshop1

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
It's been forever since I've seen the original 1980's series, but the Netflix reboot is excellent, and family friendly. I've no problem recommending it.

Best book series ever?
qshop
Minecraft Server Admin
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:23 am It's been forever since I've seen the original 1980's series, but the Netflix reboot is excellent, and family friendly. I've no problem recommending it.

Best book series ever?
I am not a book lover but a couple years ago I read the Nancy Drew series and even though it wasn't meant for my age set I really enjoyed the books and still don't mind reading them.
qshop1

Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
and he will make your paths straight

Prism: Minecraft Admin
Hcube7
First of all
Oh my gosh! I can't believe someone else out there likes Mancala! :D Woo! 8)
Second of all
I am not a book lover but a couple years ago I read the Nancy Drew series and even though it wasn't meant for my age set I really enjoyed the books and still don't mind reading them.
Whaaaat?! :?: :!: I can't imagine that. I read all of the books in my bookshelf over and over and over and I'm always getting stuff from the library. For sure it is a matter of finding the style of book that you personally enjoy. Forced reading (reading assignments or reading for research) spoils everything. I am very upset about that because it kills peoples' enthusiasm for reading :x. If you want any good book recommendations let me know.

Another question:
Would you rather
ride a unicorn for an hour
or
have a horse for a year?

<3,
Cubie :lol:
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I have to agree with Hcube; if you're not a book lover, you just haven't found your particular flavor of books. Books are the greatest storytelling medium in creation. <3 I too, would be happy to recommend some. ^_^

Science fiction or fantasy (not in relation to books, per se; just general)?
qshop
Minecraft Server Admin
Hcube7 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:16 am First of all
Oh my gosh! I can't believe someone else out there likes Mancala! :D Woo! 8)
Second of all
Whaaaat?! :?: :!: I can't imagine that. I read all of the books in my bookshelf over and over and over and I'm always getting stuff from the library. For sure it is a matter of finding the style of book that you personally enjoy. Forced reading (reading assignments or reading for research) spoils everything. I am very upset about that because it kills peoples' enthusiasm for reading :x. If you want any good book recommendations let me know.

Another question:
Would you rather
ride a unicorn for an hour
or
have a horse for a year?

<3,
Cubie :lol:

I would love some good recommendations! And I would have to choose the unicorn
qshop1

qshop
Minecraft Server Admin
Chozon1 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:48 am I have to agree with Hcube; if you're not a book lover, you just haven't found your particular flavor of books. Books are the greatest storytelling medium in creation. <3 I too, would be happy to recommend some. ^_^

Science fiction or fantasy (not in relation to books, per se; just general)?
I would rather read fantasy but my favorite type is action/mystery
qshop1

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I mostly read fantasy and sci-fi, so most of my action recommendations will have a touch of it.

But I have no hesitation recommending Crosswind, by Steve Rzasa. It's a steampunk adventure set in an alternate universe where, in their timeline, it's only been a decade or so since Jesus (Thel, in the book) rose from the grave. Great adventure, and the digital version of it is free on Amazon. Actually, most of Steve Rzasa's books are excellent, though they are sci-fi. The Face of the Deep series especially; excellent books.

For straight up spy/action, the Mission League series by Jill Williamson is pretty good. I just bought the third book, but I haven't finished it yet.

I also cannot recommend enough the Staff and The Sword series by Patrick Carr. It's probably my favorite fantasy series, with the possible exception of Lord of the Rings. It's about the adventures of Errol Stone, a drunk who is basically forced into adventure against his own will. Through the course of his journey, he becomes a master warrior and discovers God has set him apart for some reason. I know the description is kinda generic, but that's because I don't wan to spoil the story. I re-read the books once a year, or so.

As for Lord of the Rings...I'm actually hesitant to recommend it because it's such a chore to read. XD Greatest fantasy world ever created, but the book totals something around 1000 pages, and it basically a faux-history book. You could try The Hobbit, and see if you like the world, and go from there.

Playing the guitar?
qshop
Minecraft Server Admin
Chozon1 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:48 am I mostly read fantasy and sci-fi, so most of my action recommendations will have a touch of it.

But I have no hesitation recommending Crosswind, by Steve Rzasa. It's a steampunk adventure set in an alternate universe where, in their timeline, it's only been a decade or so since Jesus (Thel, in the book) rose from the grave. Great adventure, and the digital version of it is free on Amazon. Actually, most of Steve Rzasa's books are excellent, though they are sci-fi. The Face of the Deep series especially; excellent books.

For straight up spy/action, the Mission League series by Jill Williamson is pretty good. I just bought the third book, but I haven't finished it yet.

I also cannot recommend enough the Staff and The Sword series by Patrick Carr. It's probably my favorite fantasy series, with the possible exception of Lord of the Rings. It's about the adventures of Errol Stone, a drunk who is basically forced into adventure against his own will. Through the course of his journey, he becomes a master warrior and discovers God has set him apart for some reason. I know the description is kinda generic, but that's because I don't wan to spoil the story. I re-read the books once a year, or so.

As for Lord of the Rings...I'm actually hesitant to recommend it because it's such a chore to read. XD Greatest fantasy world ever created, but the book totals something around 1000 pages, and it basically a faux-history book. You could try The Hobbit, and see if you like the world, and go from there.

Playing the guitar?
Thanks for the great recommendations!! This summer I really want to focus on my reading so I will look into those book suggestions. As for playing the guitar, I do not play the guitar but have wanted to learn. This year I am learning how to play the violin so that has been my main focus for music at the moment.
qshop1

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
That's funny; I can play the guitar, but not the violin. I've always wanted to learn. XD

April fools pranks?
Hcube7
One of my favorite books is No Place Like Holmes by Jason Lethcoe. I don't want to reveal too much of the story but you can see a summary here: https://www.christianbook.com/no-place- ... escription
There is also a second book called The Future Door.

Well, this isn't a mystery book, but I just have to speak about it because it IS my favorite book series EVER. It is called the Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson. The first book is called On the Edge of the Dark Sea of Darkness.
https://www.christianbook.com/the-edge- ... /pd/073849

One more, this one is interesting.
The Door Within trilogy (That actually has 4 books :lol:) By N. D. Wilson.

Paintball IRL?
Emojis describing life in Minecraft:
walking: :D building: :mrgreen: a hissing noise behind you: :shock: a big explosion and a red screen: :oops: :cry: then it happens all over again.... :lol:
This is getting complicated!
Your friend? @RedPlums :lol:
Tsuking is fun when you have foam beneath you.
Starfire11
If you could have an unlimited supply of 3 foods, what would you choose? You can eat other things too :D

-starfire11
qshop
Minecraft Server Admin
Starfire11 wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:28 pm If you could have an unlimited supply of 3 foods, what would you choose? You can eat other things too :D

-starfire11
Burgers, fries, and probably milkshakes :D
qshop1

Starfire11
In Minecraft survival, what the first thing you do in a new world?

-starfire11
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Wait...what flavor of milkshake?