Please pray for my wife and myself...

Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Greetings Family!
Thank you all for your continued prayers. Prayer is probably the only thing keeping me on track! Knowing others are also praying reinforces my faith and bolsters my confidence.
Things aren't any better, however, as far as my wife's condition. Her Alzheimer's is really taking it's toll on her. Although she may only be in the beginning stages and does have some of her mind left, her decision making causes me great concern. Constantly canceling appointments and self medicating is not a good thing, not to mention the fight she chooses to fight is against help, advice or suggestions by doctors, case management and even myself.
My life has been greatly altered by this in both positive ways as well as a negative ones. On the plus side I've grown quite a bit closer to The Lord because of it, gained a few friendships by looking for advice or help from others and allows her to see just how much "on her side" I truly am. Negatively it's drained my energy more than once, caused me to all but lose my identity and created a deep wound which (seems to) never heal.
Fortunately I know The One Who Heals and have faith He's doing just that; My own understanding aside, I do understand His Ways are not my ways nor His Thoughts are my thoughts.
Again, DEEP THANKS for all your prayers!
:clap:
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Comotto
BlockHeadLewie wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 7:52 pm Greetings Family!
Thank you all for your continued prayers. Prayer is probably the only thing keeping me on track! Knowing others are also praying reinforces my faith and bolsters my confidence.
Things aren't any better, however, as far as my wife's condition. Her Alzheimer's is really taking it's toll on her. Although she may only be in the beginning stages and does have some of her mind left, her decision making causes me great concern. Constantly canceling appointments and self medicating is not a good thing, not to mention the fight she chooses to fight is against help, advice or suggestions by doctors, case management and even myself.
My life has been greatly altered by this in both positive ways as well as a negative ones. On the plus side I've grown quite a bit closer to The Lord because of it, gained a few friendships by looking for advice or help from others and allows her to see just how much "on her side" I truly am. Negatively it's drained my energy more than once, caused me to all but lose my identity and created a deep wound which (seems to) never heal.
Fortunately I know The One Who Heals and have faith He's doing just that; My own understanding aside, I do understand His Ways are not my ways nor His Thoughts are my thoughts.
Again, DEEP THANKS for all your prayers!
:clap:
Prayers continuing. You have probably heard this before but it may be worth repeating. If your wife had a passion or other interest which she enjoyed a lot, providing that activity may help to stimulate her mentally and slow the progression.

CARZ
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Will continue to pray you and your wife
Barnabaas
Noob
Noob
We're not done praying. I'm gripped by your story. It hits especially close to me. I just prayed and promise to continue. We love you man!
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
My friends, my family,
Thank you deeply for the continued prayers and thoughts. Things have >indeed< improved in areas necessary for stability, yet the continued degradation of her mentality still fall into the fantasy. Fear and confusion still hold strong within her.
It has taken me this long to regain (some form of) internet. I'm more active again and look forward to resuming my place within my CCGR family!
Glory To His Name!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Comotto
AMEN!

CARZ
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Welcome back! I will continue to pray for you and your wife.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Yeah, um, I sorta had a little run-in with reality. Sorry folks, I'm sorta kinda stuck under something in reality which is caught between a rock and a hard place. I got buried under it all!
No reliable internet for starters and a marriage worth more to me than, well, myself. As much as I wish for stability here and in MC, my wife comes first.
I won't take so long in checking the forum, this I can promise! I also can promise that I'll be seen in MC sporadically (read "whenever possible").
I can also promise I am grateful for all your prayers. When one who follows Christ is deep in battle for their lives, which we kinda-sorta are, they can actually feel the prayers of the righteous which are answered in abundance!
I Love My CCGR Family And I Don't Believe You Can Do Anything About It!
Peace!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Thanks for the update, will continue to pray for you and your wife
Comotto
The Prayer of Job

The Prayer of Job: “Lord, there is nothing, there is no one who compares to You. I humble myself before You. Search my heart and expose every motive and fear that hinders deeper fellowship with You. Help me to trust You through difficult trials, for they open my eyes and heart to see You as You really are! Lord, as for those who have come against me, I ask You to turn Your anger from them, forgive them, and bless them abundantly!”

CARZ
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Thank you all for the continued support and prayer.
It's gotten a bit more difficult but by God's Grace we'll survive!
Still no reliable internet access, getting away from the house is tough...
...Love you all! Peace!
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
thanks for the update, praying!