Ask Micah211

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
In this case it's one of my brothers but yeah, I know exactly what you mean.
I just need to get myself a giant safe, the ones that are built into a wall behind a secret door.
I literally do nothing
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
XD I just lose random items that become the bottleneck for my project. Needed a painting pallete last night and managed to find one in the bathroom, underneath a comic book. O_o

Book series that end on cliffhangers...AND THE FINAL BOOK HASN'T BEEN WRITTEN? :O

Patrick wut ar U doing to me...
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
I hate that, but that was 3 years ago and all the books are finished.

Who's Patrick?
I literally do nothing
sebastionfox
Noob
Noob
is the answer to life cake 0.0
i think its pie.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Patrick Carr. Excellent author, but poops...the second book in the Darkwater Saga ended on an utterly horrifying cliffhanger, and the third book isn't out yet. Not even information on it. The second book had so much grotesqueness in it, I'm not sure I want to read it...but the idea of leaving the story incomplete is...not really OK either. XD

Wait, which books are you talking about?
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Chozon1 wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:11 am Patrick Carr. Excellent author, but poops...the second book in the Darkwater Saga ended on an utterly horrifying cliffhanger, and the third book isn't out yet. Not even information on it. The second book had so much grotesqueness in it, I'm not sure I want to read it...but the idea of leaving the story incomplete is...not really OK either. XD

Wait, which books are you talking about?
ooook...
Ted Dekker and the Circle series, which was a spinoff of his Color series.
sebastionfox wrote: is the answer to life cake 0.0
i think its pie.
No... It's chocolate covered oreos.
I literally do nothing
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
What, you've never read a book that you didn't want to keep reading, but you *had* to know how it ended? :P Carr's a Christian, and keeps the actions of evil people from being too explicit, but it still goes outside of my reading preference.

At the same time, the main character is so amazing I want to know how his life ends. Actually, I'd rather know that his life ends a long time after the final book ends, but...Willet just isn't that smart. XD Which say's something for Carr, that his characters seem so real. Good stuff.

How does it feel being the owner of a scratch built PC?
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Nope, just Injustice.
Chozon1 wrote:How does it feel being the owner of a scratch built PC?
It's too good to be true. I've waited 3 years before I felt comfortable building one. And let me say, this guy runs better than an $1800 PC from any retailer. The case actually exceeded my expectations. I just got a solid black NZXT case.
So far I only have Gmod and other free Steam games but I'm running Gmod on max settings at 60-75 fps, which is good considering how many entities I have spawned at once.
My estimated Overwatch fps is 120.

This baby is a beast for the price.
I literally do nothing
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
You need to read more. But I say that to everyone, even librarians. :P

Also, your compy sounds amazing. There's no retail computer that could match a good scratch built like yours for almost any price. I cannot even imagine the fun you're going to have when the Summer Steam sale hits. XD

Far as games go, the OG Starcraft is free now; you owe it to yourself to give it a shot, even if you don't like RTS games. It's a classic. Your compy is going to laugh at the specs it needs though. XD

Do you have a game you're planning on getting that your previous computer could not handle?
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Tried Starcraft already, I didn't like it. I'm not good at games like those, and I don't find them very fun.

Well I mean just about every game. All the other computers I've used were actually my grandfathers. He fell for the Best Buy "Top of the line" which was only the lowest amd processor you can get, 4Gb RAM, and some cheap nvidia graphic card... For like $1500. Everything ran, but at 20 fps.

I'm mainly hoping to play Overwatch, Shadow of War, and everything else.
I literally do nothing
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Starcraft is actually one of the few RTS games I enjoy. Battle for Middle Earth is the other one.

I actually tend to hate Best Buy. XD I had this Neo-waking-up-from-the-Matrix moment one day when I realized the employees had no idea what they were talking about, but they were acting like they had been professionally trained. O_o That's blatantly lying to people to make money off of them. If you don't know, I don't mind. If you don't know, and pretend you do, I will walk away and tell others to join me.

I'm not saying scratch building is the only way to go, because honestly, not everyone possesses the skill set or confidence to do that. But they should at least be honest about their wares.

Humble Bundles?

Edit: Oh em cheese, have you seen Revenant? <3 I am in love. He's equal parts nine-rider and western anti-hero. :O

HE'S THE FREAKING GHOST RIDER OF PARAGON.
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
When I was still going to buy a laptop, I was curious about ROGs and their size and flexibility. I tried to see if they had them there and they did... their own worse, $200 more expensive versions.

I like humble bundles in general, just never the games in them.

Revenant??? I think you mean Reaper...
He looks awesome!
If Overwatch gave Reaper more abilities they would be what this guy does.
I literally do nothing
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Best Buy...actually, retail employee's in general, have no idea what they are talking about. And I don't mean that in an arrogant or unkind way; they aren't given much training, and they're not paid to look it up in their free time, so unless they're a super nerd, they just have no idea what they are talking about. XD

I am ridiculously happy about Revenant. XD Don't even know why; not going to get a chance to play as him for a few weeks, and Paragon doesn't need more 'dark' heroes...He just looks amazing. I'm hoping he'll be different enough from Sparrow that it won't feel like a reskin playing as him. But Paragon is pretty good about the heroes not playing the same.

Meringue will always betray you?
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
It just shouldn't exist.

Revenant might get me back into Paragon, I lost interest since the OW update came out.

I've never had problems with meringue, I love it.
I literally do nothing
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Have you ever made it though? It's a nightmare to get correct. XD

Have you gotten a chance to try Revenant?

I love him. <3 When/if the hype dies down, I might try to master him. I played around in a bot match and he *is* very powerful, but that was bots. His weaknesses seem to balance him out to a reasonable extent, at least in the hands of the real people I played with. He can drop a hero with 3 of his four shots mid/end game, but the fact he can only shoot 8 times (using the spray automatically reloads without a waiting period) and has a very small (comparative to Sparrow or a melee hero) targeting box sort of offsets that; unless you get someone who is just a good shot, in which case any hero is lethal. Even then, as a reasonably good shot, I struggled to always hit my target, and the reload function gives everyone a built in escape. :P

His spray also isn't that powerful unless you get a concentrated blast, and while I love his ult, it does carry risk; I'm reasonably sure that if you manage to get killed by your bounty, they get the CP bonus. I Kallari'd him while in the netherworld and got 1400 CP, which seems high for a normal hero kill.

But dang, he does not forgive: the bonus CP for an ult kill feeds him like a buffet. O_o