Spiritual Gifts?

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Not likely
Hello everyone,

Was wondering if anyone could help a brother out with a question. I've been reading my big ''B'' book a lot lately, and I came across something that caught my eye. The more I read, the more I find that the Bible talks a lot about spiritual gifts. But I don't quite fully understand what it is, or what it does for a believer. Besides knowing that it is a gift from God for us to use for his purpose, and that everyone has a gift(s) of their own, there's still some blanks in my mind about it.

Was hoping if you could help me understand what it is a little bit more, and maybe how do I find out what it is, or point my curious mind to some verses to help. Anything you give me would be much appreciated. I only ask to stay as close to the Scripture as possible to keep from drawing a wrong conclusion.

Pray you all have a great day.

God Bless,
CRCBrony
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
There are many different gifts like hospitality, discernment, preaching, helping, teaching, and so forth. My suggestion is to volunteer in your church in areas that interest you. There are free online tests to help guide you as well to see what your gifts may be: http://giftstest.com/test

Here's a good site breaking down the gifts with their corresponding Bible verses - http://www.gotquestions.org/spiritual-gifts-list.html

Hope this post helps! Let me know what yours are. I consider this site to be my ministry for God :)
Coals_of_fire
Noob
Noob
one gift is seeing in the spirit

15 And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?

16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha

Elisha able to see the chariots of fire it was his prayer that helped him see in the spiritual realm. many don't see the spiritual war that is going on every day.

one day I was being tempted to sin I had a quick vision of a devil dress in red standing behind this men I knew to be Jesus I didn't see His face, but the devil peeks his head around and ask are his feet still pointing left. I quickly stopped at that time being tempted

Luke 4:8 (KJV)
8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.
Matthew 16
22 Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee.
23 But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

I have been given dreams to show the what spiritually was going on that day.

this I warn for the wicked seek after signs but them that follow Christ signs will follow them
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Thank you so much, guys. You've given me a lot to chew on (Not literally of course). I believe this is going to help me through my walk with God. I made sure I read all these things REAL good and clear, and now I got my nose at my Bible. If there is much more to know, He will reveal it to me if/when He decides to.

I pray for you all, and ''hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ''. ( 1 Peter 1:13)
lukee123321
Noob
Noob
when you become a christian everyone gets what is called the fruit of the spirit. it is like when a new baby is born they gets gifts. Spritial gift are different then the fruit of the spirit. A spritiuatl gift is a gift that God gave you that is special to you. Like the gift of teaching or hospitality. It will be something that you are good at and enjoy doing.
lukee123321
Noob
Noob
Also i should say that you need to use your spiritual gift to bless others.
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question(s). Anything on Spiritual Gifts that is biblical I'm open to. I'm always ready to learn.
WisteriaWillows
Noob
Noob
This is something I have heard from numerous pastors and other leader-types. However, it's not spelled out in the Bible (that means you can stop reading if you want to) :

A spiritual gift is something that relies on God in order to be useful.

My example is my own teaching. God gave me a job teaching in a local high school, but I felt lost and was genuinely inadequate for the position. That first year, I taught 8 different courses, plus being the school nurse. It was absolutely overwhelming! But I prayed ... early and often!

There was a day when I simply didn't get prep done for one of my classes. I was about to walk in with absolutely nothing. In the class before (same subject, but a different grade/difficulty level), a Christian girl approached me at the end of the block. "Mrs. Willows, I took notes on Chapter 4. Would you use them for your 8th grade class?" I did! God handed me the ability to teach that whole year, and I know that it did not come from myself.

Same job, nursing side: That first year, I had no clue how to keep up with immunizations. Documentation is required by the state, and if I didn't do my job, then the whole school would be in trouble. AND, there was a deadline early in the year. I was drowning in class preps, and had no idea what I was doing. But I was praying about it.

God sent THREE different RNs to my office door at three different times. Each of them came to me separately, not knowing about the others. They all said (essentially), "Mrs. Willows, I am here to help you with immunizations." They didn't come ask how they could help. They didn't say, "If you need anything, call." They all three had a directness about them that meant they were doing this with or without me. I picked a day, and all four of us met, and we figured out what to do, and then got it done.

I'm not sure what to call the spiritual gift of paperwork, but I KNOW that it was a gift from God, because I did not have that organization down yet.

Was it still a spiritual gift the next year when I knew what I was doing? When is it a talent or skill learned because God gave us the ability to learn? I don't know ... I just know that God gave me that first year, and it was HIM doing the work. I was just physically present to see it happen.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Inspiring stories, thanks for sharing how God answered your prayers!
Distavo
Noob
Noob
I might like to become a teacher. I hope I see God working like that in my life.
Gamer4Christ
Noob
Noob
I hope I'm not too late for the party. :wink:

When we come across questions like these, there is no better source of answers than the Bible itself.

I highly recommend you look up and study 1 Corinthians chapter 12. It is an entire section dedicated to describing spiritual gifts and their use in the church. And the best way to find your spiritual gift or gifts is to pray and ask the Lord to reveal them to you. Or better yet, ask Him to use you the way He wants to. If you're willing to wait, listen, and completely trust Him to guide your path, the spiritual gift or gifts He grants you will be the tools by which you fulfill the role He intended you to have. Make sense?
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Gamer4Christ wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:20 am I hope I'm not too late for the party. :wink:

When we come across questions like these, there is no better source of answers than the Bible itself.

I highly recommend you look up and study 1 Corinthians chapter 12. It is an entire section dedicated to describing spiritual gifts and their use in the church. And the best way to find your spiritual gift or gifts is to pray and ask the Lord to reveal them to you. Or better yet, ask Him to use you the way He wants to. If you're willing to wait, listen, and completely trust Him to guide your path, the spiritual gift or gifts He grants you will be the tools by which you fulfill the role He intended you to have. Make sense?
Thank you Gamer4Christ, (I like your name by the way)
Since I've asked this question, I've been constantly seeking God's will for my life. Always wondering what His future for me would hold. But now I've been so caught up with life that I forgot about asking Him. Thank you so very much for the reminder! I'll get crakin' on those chapter 12. If there are any other good spots to looks up, please let me know! I'm always anxious to know what God wants.

In your answer, you said the best way to find out is to ask God. Now, I know at some level how to hear God's voice and how He communicates with His children. But if you don't mind me asking, How can you tell if it is God talking you, and it isn't just your imagination or the devil? Any good tips you could share. (And, of course, it's an open invitation for everyone). And if you could point me to some Scripture on this matter as well, that would be most appreciated.

Thanks again and God Bless1