Strategy board games

Gather resources, build your army, conquer!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Are you human?: Yes!
Ticket to Ride! I got the European version of it, I LOOOOOVE it! so good. Settlers of Catan is also one of my favorites. Monopoly is okay, but it gets uber long.
This is my signature
amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
settlers of catan! woot!

monopoly is a family tradition

anyone ever played hanabi? It's awesome.

I recently learned how to play saboteur (with the expansion). I only got to play 3 rounds (one game) but it shows promise. Also just learned to play the Resistance. Both are small-ish group games similar to Mafia (which is only fun with a large group)

oh, and stratego!! I wish I knew someone that would play me....
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
I love Stratego!
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Settlers of Catan, Risk and Monopoly, but Monopoly gets long sometimes.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
JesusIsLord713
Minecraft Server Admin
I agree monopoly is long but fun at the same time.
I love playing Mario games! :D :D :D :D :D They are so awesome!!!

1.12 is here!

A former admin of Prism!!!
dwarf_bunny
Noob
Noob
I discovered this really fun chess/checkers type German game that is called "Die Guten und die bösen Geister" the title means the good and bad ghost. You play against your opponent where you each have 4 bad ghosts with red dots on the back and 4 good ghosts with blue dots on the back. So from the front all your opponent sees are the ghost and not the dots. Your goal is too get one blue ghost to an exit on the opposite side or to get you opponent to capture all of your red ghosts.
ZappierVirus
CCGR addict
Sounds neat.
Creepers + Boom Slimes = Big Crater
Minecrafting all the time!
I post too much.
Angrus
Noob
Noob
I haven't played "Descent" in a while, but that's a fun one, and the miniatures are fun to paint as well... also, "War of the Ring", and "Battlestar Galactica" are pretty epic. A friend of mine created a game called Khrysos Hunters which is quite fun as well... his website for the game is... never mind, it looks like the domain has now expired... that's new within the last couple months... anyway, there's a review for it at https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/160 ... os-hunters
harold5187
Noob
Noob
In school my teacher had us play a game called, "The Stock Market Game", where we were supposed to pick 3 corporations out of the NYSE, and follow their progress... I forgot how to play the game, but I remember that much, it was really fun, in real life, I am against it, but as a game, it appealed to a part of me that loves resources gathering and information collection...

I loved Monopoly, however, it's too old, and no one else is coming up with any new ideals... Monopoly Tycoon was even more fun, but no sequel, or improvements, became outdated.
justin_havu
Noob
Noob
Another vouch for Stratego. Great game all around. Also have to go with Monopoly; While it is a long game, it's definitely a game that withstood the test of time. A true classic. I'm also a bit of a Chess fan, but it's amazing how deep that game gets.
Barnabaas
Noob
Noob
Codename and Fuse

Just because they are super easy to non-games to play and have fun while note feeling too geeky.

Mission to Mars is a recent fav for the geeky type.
Bannanableu!
Noob
Noob
hmm, well Spy ally is a really good one! SO FUN. and Quirkle is a fun game made out of wood blocks and its more strategic than it sounds :P
Sushi Go is great, a fun japanese style game made out of pictures of food! Even though this isnt a stratgic game I LOVE THIS ONE!!!!!
"one night ultimate werewolf" SO FUN! everyone has a card, and its a role, and there is a recording that plays and everyone closes there eyes. Now when your role is called, you wake up, and u do whateer it is (Switch 2 players cards, Look at a persons role) and by the end of the game u dont know who u are!! the only thing is there are bad guys and good guys and if udidnt get a badd guy role then u might now be one if u "wake up (when everyone opens their eyes after ther done with there roles)" sounds fun right?!?!
Bannanableu!
Noob
Noob
harold5187 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:15 am In school my teacher had us play a game called, "The Stock Market Game", where we were supposed to pick 3 corporations out of the NYSE, and follow their progress... I forgot how to play the game, but I remember that much, it was really fun, in real life, I am against it, but as a game, it appealed to a part of me that loves resources gathering and information collection...

I loved Monopoly, however, it's too old, and no one else is coming up with any new ideals... Monopoly Tycoon was even more fun, but no sequel, or improvements, became outdated.
Lol Monopoly Is fun unless your relatives come over XD man the competition in the air is thick