Behold, the body of Adonis and the brain of a squirrel.

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Emwok
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
Anything you're looking forward to this year?
Spoiler:

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
micah211 wrote:Time to follow through with my ghost question!

Scientists have found that people tend to see "ghosts" because of a certain sound wavelength. Just about every house or building can make it.
Any sound 20Hz or lower with direct contact to a human eye will obstruct our view and cause a blur about the size of a human. Then because of our human minds, we instantly assume the human sized blob is a human ghost, that disappears very very fast. Water pipes, ear buds, and old electronics all make low enough frequencies to cause this effect.

As for the times when it isn't sound, it's probably a demon trying to mess something up as always. I'd like to think the 3 times I've seen something it was sound.

Have you seen the new Star Citizen expansion?
Pretty cool! ^_^ I didn't know that.

You have to ask though...is the 'ghost' the side effects of the sound, or the sound...the side effect of a ghost? I would be making spooky wavy motions with my fingers if this were real life right now.

I have not. I received No Man's Sky as a late Christmas gift, so I haven't been on the internet in a few days...not to mention I discovered Planetside 2 and Star Trek online the other day. And well into the morning. >_>
Deepfreeze32 wrote:I absolutely agree that skill alone does not a great guitar player make, but when I hear technical I think "something that requires a great deal of skill to pull off." In my mind, there are two schools of thought for guitar (not mutually exclusive, but one approach tends to lead over the other): Emphasis on technical skill, and emphasis on feel. I know "feel" is hard to quantify, but that Dire Straits song is a great example of the latter. Symphony X (and most metal it seems) definitely tends towards the former (Michael Romeo owes a great deal of his style to Yngwie Malmsteen), while most blues and rock artists tend toward the latter.

So on a different note...what do you think of this?
I would say that playing with the feels is just a different kind of skill. It takes just as much, if not more, of whatever magical juice runs through a guitarist's veins to pour your heart onto the strings as churn out 50 notes in four beats. I always wanted to be skilled in the technique side of things, and worked to that end. It occurs to me that I should perhaps have been aiming at the other path. XD

I liked that a lot, actually. ^_^ I'ma play that at the outside of every vacation we ever take now, I think.

If by some unfortunate circumstance we are headed to the beach, I will play it anyway, in the spirit of remonstration. >_>
Emwok wrote:Anything you're looking forward to this year?
Sorta. I want to get my book published (finally), and start a store of crafts on Facebook.

Maybe finally get a game of Warmachine in.
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
Enjoy NMS! The new update is super fun! PS2 is a great game too, good enough I bought cosmetics.
I haven't seen the dlc either XD but I saw that it's coming out this year.

Favorite thing about NMS so far?
I literally do nothing
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Yeah, I got munched about fifty times in PS2 because I'm used to Destiny. It's more like counterstrike, with a dash of Sci-Fi. XD Did better once I started playing as the sniper...any other game, I'd call him broken.

I'm enjoying the harsh exploration aspect of NMS a lot. I started playing in survival mode (haven't played creative yet), and was surprised at how much it didn't hold my hand. I died two or three times before I figured out how to avoid radiation poisoning and replenish my oxygen supply. Then I repaired the scope, managed to find isotopes and iron to repair the rest of my gear, and finally left the first world after about four hours. And was promptly shot down by pirates. -_-

The second world was a lot friendlier, until night fell and I started freezing. Nasty predators too, though I didn't discover that for a few days. I want better shielding. XD I think if I were trying to play it outside of survival mode, it would basically feel like sciency Minecraft, and I'd get bored after awhile.

As it is, I get the barren loneliness of Metroid with the claustrophobic feeling of exploring a galaxy where everything can kill me, and everyone else knows what is going on but I don't. One mistake--whether it be using too much of my oxygen and being unable to replenish it, or straying too far from shelter--could kill me. Fun times, so far.

The planets are...almost too big, though. XD If I had better gear and could range further without being killed, it wouldn't be as big of a deal. But I'm afraid to wander off and explore because I could die and lost my stuff. XD
micah211
VIP Member
VIP Member
By survival, do you mean survival or normal?
Survival mode is for the pro players that wanted a challenge in the game...

Don't waste your time in creative, it's not really fun because it throws everything at you, then when you play in normal mode you feel incredibly under powered.

As for PS2, the more you play the better you get. I recommend staying in the starter world until lvl 15 when you get kicked out.
DON'T buy a weapon! All of the weapons are equal and just shoot differently or have equal stats, like high range + good damage, but terrible recoil and the opposite.
Your first maybe 1000 certs should be used for perks and perk upgrades, even weapon attachments are a great idea.

Which path are you going to follow in NMS?
I literally do nothing
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
We have Little Ceasar's in MN. They recently came out with some cinnamon roll bites that look absolutely amazing and coma inducing.

Aunts?
This is my signature
Emwok
CCGR addict
The new Demon Hunter album?
Spoiler:

Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
micah211 wrote:By survival, do you mean survival or normal?
Survival mode is for the pro players that wanted a challenge in the game...

Don't waste your time in creative, it's not really fun because it throws everything at you, then when you play in normal mode you feel incredibly under powered.

As for PS2, the more you play the better you get. I recommend staying in the starter world until lvl 15 when you get kicked out.
DON'T buy a weapon! All of the weapons are equal and just shoot differently or have equal stats, like high range + good damage, but terrible recoil and the opposite.
Your first maybe 1000 certs should be used for perks and perk upgrades, even weapon attachments are a great idea.

Which path are you going to follow in NMS?
Survival. Oops. :P That explains why everything seems to want to kill me, and not dying is sort of twitchy. I though normal was closer to creative, and survival was just the normal game. :lol: Which would make creative mode...I don't know. I was excited, and they should explain that better in the menu. I mean, there's the skull...XD Now I'm debating whether or not to continue, or start a new file on normal. I've managed to land in a solar system where every planet is ludicrously deathly, and I hope I can gather enough plutonium to leave before I freeze to death. XD

Thanks for the advice. I was kinda tempted to get a new gun, but I'll invest in the other stuff. I'm not sure what perks are. XD

Atlas, I think. I'm going that way now, and I've only discovered the...nada and poab? And I don't know where to get to it. And I am only a few universes away from the Atlas, and barely scraping by to the point that I'm afraid to go of course. :P

Edit: Holy crumbly caking monkey farkles. O_o What took me four hours of scraping and dancing on the edge of death to accomplish in Survival, I blew through in an hour in normal, and had twice the stuff at the end of it. :O It takes 3/4 the amount of plutonium to use the lift rockets! And I can run around on a planet without worrying about dying a painful, "there goes all your stuff beans", death in 32 seconds

Blah. There's no telling when I would have figured that out on my own. /facepalm. I'm playing on normal until I complete the game at least once. I just found a planet with huge gold deposits, radioactivity, and fish creatures. I'ma remove the gold--purely for scientific purposes, of course. >_>
RedPlums wrote:We have Little Ceasar's in MN. They recently came out with some cinnamon roll bites that look absolutely amazing and coma inducing.

Aunts?
Haven't tried those. But the bread bites with cheese and bacon? Oh glory. They will break your mind. <3

I love mine, for the most part. I have a pretty good relationship with one, and not so much with the other. :D
Emwok wrote:The new Demon Hunter album?
I'm excited. :D I haven't listened to any of the new stuff, though.
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Ever had a ginger scone?

I just made some for the first time yesterday and they're surprisingly good!
This is my signature
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I have not, but I like a good scone. How did you do it?
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
Well i made them with whipped cream for one! Which was new to me, i also put the dough in the freezer for 15 minutes, that was new too. It was just a new experience all around. But they turned out great!

Biscuits the British way?
This is my signature
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
How do you like this?

Emwok
CCGR addict
Chozon1 wrote:
Emwok wrote:The new Demon Hunter album?
I'm excited. :D I haven't listened to any of the new stuff, though.
Cold Winter Sun sounds pretty good. Here it is if you want to give it a listen:

Origami?
Spoiler:

Sstavix
CCGR addict
I thought you worked at Walmart. Is that correct?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
RedPlums wrote:Well i made them with whipped cream for one! Which was new to me, i also put the dough in the freezer for 15 minutes, that was new too. It was just a new experience all around. But they turned out great!

Biscuits the British way?
Cool. ^_^ Did you go with just straight ginger, or more like ginger bread, with allspice and cloves and such?

Not a huge fan. When I think British biscuit, I think crispy cookie. And as an American, I can say definitively that cookies are meant to be soft. Except Oreos...which is actually pretty similar to a British biscuit, if a hair sweeter.

Still. Biscuits should be soft, fluffy, and buttery, and cookies are meant to smoosh.
Deepfreeze32 wrote:How do you like this?
I just thought it was OK...it never quite pushed through to what I wanted it to.
Emwok wrote:Cold Winter Sun sounds pretty good. Here it is if you want to give it a listen:

Origami?
I have used origami for many things; birthday presents, bouquets, earrings, and my sisters wedding.

To which--the last one--I always feel like falling to my knees and shouting "NEVER AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN!" to the heavens whenever it comes up. O_o

But I like the craft. XD I haven't done it in awhile.

Also, I quite liked that. They've changed their sound enough to differentiate, but not so much that I want to cry. XD
Sstavix wrote:I thought you worked at Walmart. Is that correct?
I walked those dark roads for a season several years ago, yes. Left me with anger issues and a sincere respect for the humble retail worker.

Also a hatred of pants.