Beseech thy lord

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
The dream of all dreams is an multi-genre open world space game. Like, I don't know if it's even a good idea, but run a game where you can sort just be what you want. Mechanics unfold as you make choices which lead you in various directions, like a legendary mercenary, the fearsome captain of a pirate vessel, a trading and mining magnate, an admiral of the imperial navy, to the emperor of a galactic empire.

Really focus on the aesthetic (MDA) of playing out a fantasy of being who you want in the future and the creativity to define yourself in that context.

It's a bit of a ham-handed, kid dream of all my favorite games like Star Control 2 and Master of Orion mashed into one.
I think it's probably a representation of my dream of flying around in a space ship and running my own empire.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

RoA: Kratimos/Lycan
UnHuman: Tim
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
So, Starship's is out apparently and it seems to have drawn a lot of criticism.

Thoughts? I was pumped for this game previously... But then again, it's also a $15 release
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Yeah, the feedback bummed me out, but with BE, the negative feedback really just annoyed me. Gamers can come off super entitled and overly critical. That being said, BE did disappoint me. I don't think it's a terrible game, but it's not as fun as Civ or as much personality or richness as SMAC. I still haven't finished a BE game.

That being said again, I haven't had much time to play, which is why I haven't picked up Starships yet. I'm going to get it, but I'm a little worried about that slow, creeping disappointment I got with BE.
But, it's going to be a lightweight, $15 game. Not expecting Civ in space or a spiritual successor to MoO2.

Man, Alpha Centauri was a great game.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

Jorgmeisterwork
Fossile snacks under the sofa? :)
Orodrist
CCGR addict
Location: Surrounded by blood and bathed in fire on a frozen lake
Have you ever just looked at your personal stash of liquor and have it suddenly dawn on you just how much money is sitting right there in bottles?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do - Robert A Heinlein

Courage ~ Discipline ~ Fidelity ~ Honor ~ Hospitality ~ Industriousness ~ Perseverance ~ Self Reliance ~
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Jorgmeisterwork wrote:Fossile snacks under the sofa? :)
I hope not.
Orodrist wrote:Have you ever just looked at your personal stash of liquor and have it suddenly dawn on you just how much money is sitting right there in bottles?
Yeah, definitely. I have a glass cabinet that's full of liquor and it must be pushing 1k in value.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
So last night I was able to have some 1942 Don Julio Anejo. Apparently that tequila can cost 70-100 dollars a bottle, or something, and it was s00per sm00th.

Thoughts on tequila? haha
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
ArchAngel
CCGR addict
Tastes like a headache to me. Too much during my early drinking days. I just don't like the taste.

Maybe I need to try some nice ones, but I have a hard time justifying the cost when I think I probably won't like it and I know I'd like scotch.
Pew Pew Pew. Science.

JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Music as the second narrator?
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
What is your preferred way to handle miscommunication and misunderstanding?
Peace!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?