Statement of Belief

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Are you human?: Yes!
BlockHeadLewie wrote: This would include the Books of the Apocrypha. I didn't include it in the list because I thought it may be taken as implied the way I wrote my statement. I apologize if this wasn't the case.
Quite all right! Just some people accept the Apocrypha as part of the scriptures, and some pretend they don't exist (or have never heard of them). I was just curious to see if the Bible you used included them as well.

(Incidentally, the Bible that the LDS church uses, which is a King James Version, doesn't include the Apocrypha, for some odd reason. In my opinion, that's a good reason to have several versions of the Bible on your shelf. ;) )
BlockHeadLewie wrote: Also please everyone, this IS a thread about beliefs. I don't recall in the topic anything about attacking each other's beliefs. Somehow I don't see how arguing over a belief fits the topic. Not that I felt attacked, just some of the wording in other posts seem, well, unloving maybe? Just my opinion, that's all.
I quite agree with you. If we want to debate the beliefs, we can take it to the "Debates" forum. :)
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Nope, just the "basic" books, Gen. to Rev. I've several versions at my disposal (real book form as well as online and on Kindle) and I'm always going back and forth when I'm studying to see just how things are said or worded.
Not to forget my Strong's Concordance to make sure the original definitions are understood.
Peace!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Sstavix wrote:
Dirkdigdeep wrote: My statement WAS adequatly clear, and fully explained in the body of the original text. And you, being NOT the center of my universe, nor the measure of all things, cannot deny that . If you wish to challenge me on my points; use scriptures , if you wish to further discuss this then meet me in Paltalk and I will answer your questions there.
My question was this - I don't understand. Can you explain in terms I can understand?

Your answer - That's your problem.

Way to be a good teacher there. I think I'm done with you. Farewell!
I agree with Sstavix here. I'm not aware of any person who considers themselves a teacher being so utterly closed off to feedback and questions from those they'd presume to be teaching.

Matthew 7: 15-20
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The only fruit I see coming from this particular tree is rather bitter and confrontational. 'nuff said.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Dirkdigdeep
Noob
Noob
ArcticFox wrote:
Sstavix wrote:
Dirkdigdeep wrote: My statement WAS adequatly clear, and fully explained in the body of the original text. And you, being NOT the center of my universe, nor the measure of all things, cannot deny that . If you wish to challenge me on my points; use scriptures , if you wish to further discuss this then meet me in Paltalk and I will answer your questions there.
My question was this - I don't understand. Can you explain in terms I can understand?

Your answer - That's your problem.

Way to be a good teacher there. I think I'm done with you. Farewell!
I agree with Sstavix here. I'm not aware of any person who considers themselves a teacher being so utterly closed off to feedback and questions from those they'd presume to be teaching.

Matthew 7: 15-20
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

The only fruit I see coming from this particular tree is rather bitter and confrontational. 'nuff said.
Good , because you are not an apt pupil nor do you have the heart to hear . I offered to speak with you personaly in a format i find comfortable and instead you choose to attack me , make false claims about my character, and belittle. I agree , for now our conversations have come to and end . Please refrain from commenting on MY posts and i will ignore yours.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
Dirkdigdeep wrote: Good , because you are not an apt pupil nor do you have the heart to hear . I offered to speak with you personaly in a format i find comfortable and instead you choose to attack me , make false claims about my character, and belittle. I agree , for now our conversations have come to and end . Please refrain from commenting on MY posts and i will ignore yours.
Brother, I attempted to reach out to you in PM in a friendly and constructive way, even after your initial derisive comments toward me when you first started posting here. Your first reply was typical of your responses to people around here, rude and confrontational. I answered in a more aggressive tone and your last reply was a complete copout. Please do not attempt to play the martyr with me. You were the first to come in here attacking me and others. Also, you seem to think we have to follow you to other discussion formats and sites in order to discuss anything. I can only assume that's because you know if you get too nasty around here the mods will respond with a ban, and want to argue in an environment where your behavior would go unchecked.

I haven't made any claims about your character other than to point out your rude behavior, which is not a false claim. To be honest, it amazes me that you don't see it even after it's been pointed out to you, and not only by me.

By all means, ignore my posts. You won't hurt my feelings. I will not ignore your rudeness or attempts to bully the other posters on this forum, however.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Dirk,

If multiple people are trying to tell you something, perhaps it's worth acknowledging

And yet another thread has run it's course...

RoosterOnAStick
Dude, Dirk he ain't an "apt pupil" cause you ain't no teacher in the first place.

Unless you show me evidence that you are either a clergyman, chaplain, or even a Sunday school teacher (or have been designated by one of the above to teach on their behalf) why should anyone consider themselves under your tutelage? Even if this were the case religious teaching and authority is something given by God through His Church, not something one can claim for themselves. He can also take it away as He wills too, it is not something we possess in ourselves or by virtue of being Christians.

Paul clearly wrote in scripture not to presume to be teachers, for teachers will be judged more harshly. I don't think you understand how grave the responsibility is and how much harsher your own judgment may be if you completely disregard it. Speaking of scripture, if you want to presume to be a teacher perhaps you should look at 1 Timothy chapter 3 on the qualifications of bishops and deacons. The whole book is more or less Paul leaving his successor Timothy with instructions on how to be a clergyman in the times of the apostles.

Disregarding someone who disagrees with you, even if you ARE right, shows a lack of patience on your end. You have been as others have pointed out, acting rude and dismissive. Not everyone gets things right all the time and not everyone immediately realizes they may be wrong all the time either. Things take time and if you can't see that then you have no business being a teacher anyway.

Besides, presuming to be something more than you really are (another person posting on an online message board as far as I can tell) is tantamount to the sin of spiritual pride. That will wind up having the opposite effect that you may intend. It pushes people away from Christ and the true faith, even if your doctrines are correct your mannerisms and behaviors are rendering them inert. Correct doctrine is an important and core part of the faith, and i certainly advocate for more in depth talks about key doctrines. But it not by any means the only important part. It is one part of the greater whole and if you don't have all of it then it muddies the message and misrepresents the gospel.

Yeah I know this is harsh but this is something that you need to take very seriously Dirk. Not just for the sake of others but also for your own spiritual state too.
“If the history of the 20th Century proved anything, it proved that however bad things were, human ingenuity could usually find a way to make them worse.” - Theodore Dalrymple
Dirkdigdeep
Noob
Noob
ArcticFox wrote:
Dirkdigdeep wrote: Good , because you are not an apt pupil nor do you have the heart to hear . I offered to speak with you personaly in a format i find comfortable and instead you choose to attack me , make false claims about my character, and belittle. I agree , for now our conversations have come to and end . Please refrain from commenting on MY posts and i will ignore yours.
Brother, I attempted to reach out to you in PM in a friendly and constructive way, even after your initial derisive comments toward me when you first started posting here. Your first reply was typical of your responses to people around here, rude and confrontational. I answered in a more aggressive tone and your last reply was a complete copout. Please do not attempt to play the martyr with me. You were the first to come in here attacking me and others. Also, you seem to think we have to follow you to other discussion formats and sites in order to discuss anything. I can only assume that's because you know if you get too nasty around here the mods will respond with a ban, and want to argue in an environment where your behavior would go unchecked.

I haven't made any claims about your character other than to point out your rude behavior, which is not a false claim. To be honest, it amazes me that you don't see it even after it's been pointed out to you, and not only by me.

By all means, ignore my posts. You won't hurt my feelings. I will not ignore your rudeness or attempts to bully the other posters on this forum, however.
LOL right sure you won't your to much better than anyone to allow that
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Aww, I wish I kept up with this thread a page ago.

Hey Dirk, I don't mean to come off as rude or anything like that,
though may I suggest giving 1 Corinthians 13 a read again? It's easy to forget,
which is why I put it in my signature recently to help remind myself of it; It's something I want to be better at.
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ChickenSoup
CCGR addict
Dirkdigdeep wrote:
ArcticFox wrote:

LOL right sure you won't your to much better than anyone to allow that
*gestures suggestively toward the open door out of this thread*
My name is ChickenSoup and I have several flavors in which you may be interested
Bruce_Campbell
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Sstavix wrote:I was being polite. Want to see me be nasty? :twisted:
Am I the only one who can't imagine Sstavix being impolite? ;)
A vegan atheist walks into a bar. Bartender says "Hey, are you a vegan atheist? Just kidding, you've mentioned it like eight times already."
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Make fun of his Macbook, I dare you! j/k :)
amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
He has a mac!?!? do those things even get on the internet?!?! haha. Ok I'm totally starting a mac vs. pc thread. Spoiler, I prefer PC but I respect certain things about mac

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=26390
Sstavix
CCGR addict
ccgr wrote:Make fun of his Macbook, I dare you! j/k :)
Bruce_Campbell wrote:
Sstavix wrote:I was being polite. Want to see me be nasty? :twisted:
Am I the only one who can't imagine Sstavix being impolite? ;)
Go ahead! I make fun of it, too.

But at least it isn't a Winblows machine. :P

There are a few things that will trip my "berserk button," but it hasn't happened around here. When it does... well, you'll know it.
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Sstavix wrote:There are a few things that will trip my "berserk button," but it hasn't happened around here. When it does... well, you'll know it.
I can picture it now... :mrgreen:
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.