What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse?

Bring your Bible and spiritual appetite
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Are you human?: Not likely
I looked to see if there was a thread like this before I posted, but I didn't find anything. So, I'm starting this thread. Hope it does well.

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse?

John 16:33 (One of my favorites)
I have told you these things so that in me, you may have peace.
In this world, you will have trouble. But take heart, for I have overcome the world.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
we have this thread: https://www.christcenteredgamer.com/php ... 37&t=22946

Romans 8:28 is still my favorite :)
captinbloks
Noob
Noob
One of my favorite bible verses is John 3:16, 17
My dog ate my signiture
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
ahh, the most popular verses in the good ol' B! :lol:
Dirkdigdeep
Noob
Noob
Thius is one of mine , of many... Eze 36:25-28 Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. (26) A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them. (28) And ye shall dwell in the land that I gave to your fathers; and ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
James 1: 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
Dirkdigdeep
Noob
Noob
Eze 36:26-27 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. (27) And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
The word "spirit " therein is not Ruacha HaKodesh nor even Elohim, but it is God speaking and that about our spirit rebirth ! SO where does God get a human spirit of his own? In the person of Jesus Christ as "very man" . Col 1:26-27 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: (27) To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
I thought you should know why its my favorite verse.
xXDr34dL0rdXx
Psalms 100
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
It's so hard to just choose one. I really like Romans 8:28, I also like my signature verses. :D
This is my signature
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ArcticFox wrote:James 1: 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
THIS!

Also:
Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV) "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end."

(If HE has an expected end for me, who am *I* to argue? I think I'll take His Thoughts over mine any day!)
Peace!
8)
Elamod
Noob
Noob
My favorite verse is Galatians 2:20-21

"I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness comes through the Law, then Christ died needlessly.”

I seriously love this verse. It speaks out the true nature of surrendering our will and embracing Christ as the way to our heavenly Father. Truly precious.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Amen!
dwarf_bunny
Noob
Noob
1 Peter 5:7
Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
CRCBrony
Gamer
Gamer
Joshua 24:15 (Authorized King James Version),
And If it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve;
whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood,
or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell, but as for me and my house,
we will serve the Lord.
skeer
Ecclesiastes 5:18

NIV: This is what I have observed to be good: that it is appropriate for a person to eat, to drink and to find satisfaction in their toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given them—for this is their lot.

NKJV: Here is what I have seen: It is good and fitting for one to eat and drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labor in which he toils under the sun all the days of his life which God gives him; for it is his heritage.

NASB: Here is what I have seen to be good and fitting: to eat, to drink and enjoy oneself in all one’s labor in which he toils under the sun during the few years of his life which God has given him; for this is his reward.

I enjoy this verse, it comforts me for some reason. Strange how all three say the same thing, but NIV sounds more negative, while NASB sounds positive. A good reason to compare versions I guess :D