Statement of Belief

Got a question? We may have some answers!
Forum rules

1) This is a Christian site, respect our beliefs and we will respect yours.

2) This is a family friendly site, no swearing or posting offensive links, pictures, or signatures.

3) Please be respectful of others.

4) Trolls are not welcome and will be dealt with accordingly.

5) No racial comments, jokes or images

6) If you see a dead thread over 6 months old, let it rest in peace

7) No Duplicate posts
amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
Hey I thought it would be cool to share our denomination's statements of belief. Maybe your church calls it something different, just the core beliefs. I'm a Nazarene, here are ours:

http://nazarene.org/ministries/administ ... splay.html

Feel free to comment. :D
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
I'm down with that. Here's our church;s statements of faith: http://www.clcbc.com/index.php/our-chur ... we-believe

(Much wordier than yours!)
amyjo88
Minecraft Server Admin
ccgr wrote:I'm down with that. Here's our church's statements of faith: http://www.clcbc.com/index.php/our-chur ... we-believe

(Much wordier than yours!)
Ah, here is the longer version for us, our Articles of Faith: http://nazarene.org/ministries/administ ... splay.html
ArcticFox
CCGR addict
The LDS Articles of Faith

1 We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

2 We believe that men will be punished for their own sins, and not for Adam’s transgression.

3 We believe that through the Atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the Gospel.

4 We believe that the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel are: first, Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ; second, Repentance; third, Baptism by immersion for the remission of sins; fourth, Laying on of hands for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

5 We believe that a man must be called of God, by prophecy, and by the laying on of hands by those who are in authority, to preach the Gospel and administer in the ordinances thereof.

6 We believe in the same organization that existed in the Primitive Church, namely, apostles, prophets, pastors, teachers, evangelists, and so forth.

7 We believe in the gift of tongues, prophecy, revelation, visions, healing, interpretation of tongues, and so forth.

8 We believe the Bible to be the word of God as far as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.

9 We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God.

10 We believe in the literal gathering of Israel and in the restoration of the Ten Tribes; that Zion (the New Jerusalem) will be built upon the American continent; that Christ will reign personally upon the earth; and, that the earth will be renewed and receive its paradisiacal glory.

11 We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may.

12 We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.

13 We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
"He who takes offense when no offense is intended is a fool, and he who takes offense when offense is intended is a greater fool."
—Brigham Young

"Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus."
—Christopher Hitchens
RedPlums
VIP Member
VIP Member
My church doesn't have a website, so I cannot put mine on here. But if you google the 'Plymouth Brethren' it's a lot like that, maybe a little less legalistic, we're okay with dancing and drinking (in moderation) and playing card games. :D
This is my signature
Dirkdigdeep
Noob
Noob
Creeds vary from cult to denomination to cult, all denominations are cults , not all cults are denominations of the real Christian church.
The creeds also vary and that wisely so . many are just meaningless trite words. Many bear no real relationship to the "doctrine of Christ" : 2Jn 1:9-11 Whosoever transgresseth, [ sinning by not abiding in Rom 14: 3 ] and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. (10) If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: (11) For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
I do not post a denominations creed as i follow no man's creed but Jesus only . MY CREED is the word of God.
In this light I state that in my years of study there are some fundamental doctrines that are salvific. BY salvific i mean pertaining to a true or real faith that can save you. These doctrines are not negotiable . While a new babe in Christ may be ignorant of them and have salvation, eventually the Holy Spirit of truth will while "guiding you into all truth" bring them to you. IT is at this point of rejection and denial of them that you stand as one "who has not god" ! This is when you blaspheme the Holy Spirit calling him a liar and the devil. This is when you go [or go back] into actual unbelief of the doctrine of Christ.
Therefore i have established my own list of salvific doctrine. I may ADD another to this list in time. but none shall ever be removed. These are tied to the real Jesus and the real Gospel.
1) The deity of Jesus; ... as the Judaeo Christian theology defined deity (John 8: 23-24 + 58) omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, eternal and Spirit [John 4: 24] These are qualities that deity [ god] alone possesses, all of which Jesus claimed for himself.
2) Monotheism; There is but one common nature and essence called DEITY [God] and ever has only been one Spirit that has these qualities ; Isaiah 43: 10 , see also Isaiah chapters 43 - 46.
3) Trinity The clearly present fact that is presented in both the old and new Testament the Jews called the "mystery of the plurality of God". In the scriptures: The Father is called God , the Son is called God, the Holy Spirit is called God, and yet they remain and are expressly seen as distinct persons who share that same exact nature and essence called "deity". [Greek: Theos] The verses needed to fully show this are many but short list is: John 8: 13-18 Jesus is not the same person as the Father. Jesus is not the same person as the Holy Spirit . John 15: 26, 16: 7 & 13, The Father is not the Holy Spirit. John 15: 26, and many more. The proper reading of the doctrine is : One deity ( common nature and essence of that called "God) manifest in three Persons. This is not polytheism, which declared unique and independent deities of varying powers and natures and areas of influence.
4) The virgin birth; This is the very first messianic prophecy found in Gen 3: 15 whereby Adam and Eve and everyone who followed after who would be saved had to receive salvation by faith alone. It is the root of Isaiah 7: 14 and Jer. 31: 22, Matt 1: 18- 20, Luke 1: 35
5) The bodily coming death , resurrection, ascension and return of Jesus. Primarily this doctrine is expounded as salvific in 1 Cor. 15: 1- 28 Deny this at your peril. Acts 1: 9-11
6) Exclusivity of Jesus [ only way of salvation] John 14:6, Acts 4: 12, Hosea 13: 4, Isaiah 43: 11-13
7) Salvation is by faith alone through Grace alone and Not works of ANY KIND. This is a vast topic in the Scriptures primary text are Rom 11: 6, Ephesians 2: 8-9, Gal 5: 1-5, Rom 3: 23-27, 4: 1- 25.
I hope this will be considered and read carefully. IF you wish to discuss this with me you may find me on Paltalk under the nickname: lifesharer . Thank you.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Dirkdigdeep wrote: Therefore i have established my own list of salvific doctrine. I may ADD another to this list in time. but none shall ever be removed. These are tied to the real Jesus and the real Gospel.
1) The deity of Jesus; ... as the Judaeo Christian theology defined deity (John 8: 23-24 + 58) omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, eternal and Spirit [John 4: 24] These are qualities that deity [ god] alone possesses, all of which Jesus claimed for himself.
2) Monotheism; There is but one common nature and essence called DEITY [God] and ever has only been one Spirit that has these qualities ; Isaiah 43: 10 , see also Isaiah chapters 43 - 46.
3) Trinity The clearly present fact that is presented in both the old and new Testament the Jews called the "mystery of the plurality of God". In the scriptures: The Father is called God , the Son is called God, the Holy Spirit is called God, and yet they remain and are expressly seen as distinct persons who share that same exact nature and essence called "deity". [Greek: Theos] The verses needed to fully show this are many but short list is: John 8: 13-18 Jesus is not the same person as the Father. Jesus is not the same person as the Holy Spirit . John 15: 26, 16: 7 & 13, The Father is not the Holy Spirit. John 15: 26, and many more. The proper reading of the doctrine is : One deity ( common nature and essence of that called "God) manifest in three Persons. This is not polytheism, which declared unique and independent deities of varying powers and natures and areas of influence.
4) The virgin birth; This is the very first messianic prophecy found in Gen 3: 15 whereby Adam and Eve and everyone who followed after who would be saved had to receive salvation by faith alone. It is the root of Isaiah 7: 14 and Jer. 31: 22, Matt 1: 18- 20, Luke 1: 35
5) The bodily coming death , resurrection, ascension and return of Jesus. Primarily this doctrine is expounded as salvific in 1 Cor. 15: 1- 28 Deny this at your peril. Acts 1: 9-11
6) Exclusivity of Jesus [ only way of salvation] John 14:6, Acts 4: 12, Hosea 13: 4, Isaiah 43: 11-13
7) Salvation is by faith alone through Grace alone and Not works of ANY KIND. This is a vast topic in the Scriptures primary text are Rom 11: 6, Ephesians 2: 8-9, Gal 5: 1-5, Rom 3: 23-27, 4: 1- 25.
So this is your own "Statement of Belief" (borrowing from the thread title) and not tied to any specific denomination? Is this based on your readings of the Scriptures, your communications with God, or a combination of the two?
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
My doctrine is as simple as Genesis 1:1 - Rev 22:21.
PEACE!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Sstavix
CCGR addict
BlockHeadLewie wrote:My doctrine is as simple as Genesis 1:1 - Rev 22:21.
PEACE!
8)
Is that with or without the Apocryphal books? ;)
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Sstavix wrote:
BlockHeadLewie wrote:My doctrine is as simple as Genesis 1:1 - Rev 22:21.
PEACE!
8)
Is that with or without the Apocryphal books? ;)
The wind blows as it wills, so does The Holy Spirit. I believe all writings have something to offer if read with God's Will in mind.
And yes, I have read the Quran, Book of Mormon, Gospel of Mary, Gospel of Jesus and other writings not accepted as "from God" or whatever.
God has instilled within US the ability to communicate, which is a constructive word. "Ridicule" or "denial of possibility" lead to lack of communication, and therefore destructive.
All seriousness aside, and to actually answer your question, no. My doctrine comes from what I hear the wind say. I do what it says. How to hear (and understand) the wind (and which way it blows) is written between Gen 1:1 - Rev 22:21.
Peace!
8)
If God is my Pilot and fully in control of the flight, I guess that makes me a Steward on the plane. How may I serve you?
Dirkdigdeep
Noob
Noob
Sstavix wrote:
Dirkdigdeep wrote: Therefore i have established my own list of salvific doctrine. I may ADD another to this list in time. but none shall ever be removed. These are tied to the real Jesus and the real Gospel.
So this is your own "Statement of Belief" (borrowing from the thread title) and not tied to any specific denomination? Is this based on your readings of the Scriptures, your communications with God, or a combination of the two?
I believe i made myself adequatly clear . I will state that these doctrines are established historical and orthodox Christians doctrines.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
BlockHeadLewie wrote: All seriousness aside, and to actually answer your question, no. My doctrine comes from what I hear the wind say. I do what it says. How to hear (and understand) the wind (and which way it blows) is written between Gen 1:1 - Rev 22:21.
Ah, but some Bibles - especially in the Roman Catholic church - includes the Books of the Apocrypha. The Study Bible I purchased as part of my Bible as Literature class in college also included these books (great version of the Bible - it went into the historical time periods that each individual book was written in as well!) So I was just curious to see if your Bible included it, too.
Dirkdigdeep wrote:
Sstavix wrote: So this is your own "Statement of Belief" (borrowing from the thread title) and not tied to any specific denomination? Is this based on your readings of the Scriptures, your communications with God, or a combination of the two?
I believe i made myself adequatly clear . I will state that these doctrines are established historical and orthodox Christians doctrines.
If it was "adequately clear," then why did I ask the question? In other words, I didn't understand the answer, so please be more direct. Is this "statement of beliefs" based upon your own interpretation of the Bible, or does it derive from a different source (e.g. divine inspiration delivered to you personally)? I won't get into details about the veracity of the source - this isn't the debates section, after all. :wink: I just wanted to know where these beliefs came about.
Dirkdigdeep
Noob
Noob
Sstavix wrote:
BlockHeadLewie wrote: All seriousness aside, and to actually answer your question, no. My doctrine comes from what I hear the wind say. I do what it says. How to hear (and understand) the wind (and which way it blows) is written between Gen 1:1 - Rev 22:21.
Ah, but some Bibles - especially in the Roman Catholic church - includes the Books of the Apocrypha. The Study Bible I purchased as part of my Bible as Literature class in college also included these books (great version of the Bible - it went into the historical time periods that each individual book was written in as well!) So I was just curious to see if your Bible included it, too.
Dirkdigdeep wrote:
Sstavix wrote: So this is your own "Statement of Belief" (borrowing from the thread title) and not tied to any specific denomination? Is this based on your readings of the Scriptures, your communications with God, or a combination of the two?
If it was "adequately clear," then why did I ask the question? In other words, I didn't understand the answer, so please be more direct. Is this "statement of beliefs" based upon your own interpretation of the Bible, or does it derive from a different source (e.g. divine inspiration delivered to you personally)? I won't get into details about the veracity of the source - this isn't the debates section, after all. :wink: I just wanted to know where these beliefs came about.
The issues of what constititutes the Cannon is not i within the pervue of this discussion, if you wish the answers to these question find me in paltalk (lifesharer) and politlely ask me there.
My statement WAS adequatly clear, and fully explained in the body of the original text. And you, being NOT the center of my universe, nor the measure of all things, cannot deny that . If you wish to challenge me on my points; use scriptures , if you wish to further discuss this then meet me in Paltalk and I will answer your questions there.
Sstavix
CCGR addict
Dirkdigdeep wrote: The issues of what constititutes the Cannon is not i within the pervue of this discussion, if you wish the answers to these question find me in paltalk (lifesharer) and politlely ask me there.
I was being polite. Want to see me be nasty? :twisted:
Dirkdigdeep wrote: My statement WAS adequatly clear, and fully explained in the body of the original text. And you, being NOT the center of my universe, nor the measure of all things, cannot deny that . If you wish to challenge me on my points; use scriptures , if you wish to further discuss this then meet me in Paltalk and I will answer your questions there.
My question was this - I don't understand. Can you explain in terms I can understand?

Your answer - That's your problem.

Way to be a good teacher there. I think I'm done with you. Farewell!
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Sstavix wrote:
I believe I did sorta answer this part, both in the quote above and below. I try to include connections between my choice of words for this very reason.
BlockHeadLewie wrote: The wind blows as it wills, so does The Holy Spirit. I believe all writings have something to offer if read with God's Will in mind.
And yes, I have read the Quran, Book of Mormon, Gospel of Mary, Gospel of Jesus and other writings not accepted as "from God" or whatever.
God has instilled within US the ability to communicate, which is a constructive word. "Ridicule" or "denial of possibility" lead to lack of communication, and therefore destructive.
All seriousness aside, and to actually answer your question, no. My doctrine comes from what I hear the wind say. I do what it says. How to hear (and understand) the wind (and which way it blows) is written between Gen 1:1 - Rev 22:21.
Peace!
8)
This would include the Books of the Apocrypha. I didn't include it in the list because I thought it may be taken as implied the way I wrote my statement. I apologize if this wasn't the case.
Now I will admit openly just because I read all these writings, doesn't mean I understand them. Honestly, who knows the Mind of God in all His mysterious dispensing of His Will upon His Creation? The only one I know of is Jesus.

Also please everyone, this IS a thread about beliefs. I don't recall in the topic anything about attacking each other's beliefs. Somehow I don't see how arguing over a belief fits the topic. Not that I felt attacked, just some of the wording in other posts seem, well, unloving maybe? Just my opinion, that's all.
I still love you all, nothing you can do about it!
Peace!
8)