Introductions - New Members Post Here!

New Raffles, Birthday Announcements, Introductions, Farewells can be found here.
Donny
Noob
Noob
Malloc wrote:I work in the games industry, and on my days off I tend to poke around the internet learning what I can. I was raised Catholic but am currently an atheist; quite a few of my friends from childhood are believers, though, and we were all gamers as kids (most of us still are!) so it's a topic that comes up from time to time with relation to our shared hobby.

A few weeks ago I was talking to a friend about how she's trying to use interactive entertainment in her bible study class, and she asked if there was anything I could recommend to this effect, and I realized I honestly couldn't. I know of virtually no "serious" games that tackle religious themes, and for that matter I don't know much about any religious communities that have formed around gaming specifically.

So! That's a hole in my knowledge and I hope to orbit around here for a bit, get to know some people and get some perspective. :)

In return, if you guys want to know anything about how the games industry works behind the curtain, feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to answer.
Hello Malloc! :D
I'm a newbie myself, but your post managed to pick my interest.

If you haven't already, I'm sure this place could really appreciate if you posted a dedicated thread somewhere on the forums where you do a Q&A of the sorts for everyone to ask you questions regarding the game industry, because it is a very interesting topic. That is of course if you have the time and are willing to do it, this is all just a sugestion of mine.

About your other question, I might be able to offer you some help. Although I'd like to know what you mean by "serious games", because as far as I'm aware of, serious or educative religious games tend to be kinda underwhelming in terms of playability and overall fun factor, especially when they are also child friendly.
But there are plenty of interesting games out there which tackle religious themes. So send me a PM if you read this, and I'll be glad to tell you what I know.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Welcome Donny and Malloc happy to have you guys here!

As far as games with religios themes we'll be posting a review for The Shivah soon...stay tuned!
Jaredk105
Hi everybody! I'm Jared, and I've been a Christian and a gamer for the majority of my life. I can't wait to meet all of you and play Minecraft with you. :D
Shadowed_Starr
Amber welcome .I also love Pokemon!!
Th3_War_D0ct0r
Noob
Noob
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post on, but I am back (If so, I apologize and take responsibility). Haven't been on, since things at the apartment have been a bit screwy (I'll not go into details here) since July, and I've been busy trying to get things to work out between roommates and work. I almost forgot about this place until yesterday when I checked my email.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
welcome back!
Yoshichef5
Noob
Noob
Hi Im New To This Community And Cant Wait To Start Gaming, I am Also The Founder Of A Christian Community For Youth That I'm Slowly Working On To Expand And Help Youth All Around The World
babymcnerd
Noob
Noob
i am Donald hello i like minecraft but have nobody to play with
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
Greetings,
My name says it all, I'm a blockhead! LoL
In short I am almost half a century old (that's 2 score and ten, or 50 if you wish) with the mentality of either a 15 year old or a 103 year old, depending on the situation (and my mood.)
There are only four things I honestly care about over everything else this world has to offer:
  • Future (God's Plan, and all that implies)
    Food (both physical as well as Spiritual)
    Fun ("Count it all Joy..." - Jas 1)
    Family (I have my wife, my gerbils, the Church and that's about all)
I have been online now for about 30ish years participating in various online games and forums associated with those games. (These include Asheron's Call, Emprirana, Voyage Century, The Realm Online and World of Goo to name a few.) I have been in every aspect of forums from admin and mod to simple basic poster with no obligations.
I started Minecraft with Pocket Edition about three months ago and was given a copy of Vanilla Minecraft for Christmas. I admit I am so addicted to Minecraft I do look up at the sky from time to time to see the sun's position! (Ok, maybe not addicted, maybe denial? LoL!) My favorite part of Minecraft has to be the various materials available for what seems to be a rather REAL world. From basic doors of various types to complex machines even with "electricity" flowing through them! The 'blockhead' within me surely won't be able to do everything, but I can't say I never will!
In addition to my main interests mentioned above, I also enjoy games, reading, cooking, writing, entertaining and old TV shows, movies, music and stories.
To close this intro I'll mention I've been labeled as disabled (a few mental screws loose, but the important ones are tight!) and I have been, for the past 5 years, recovering from a bicycle accident where I crushed seven vertebrae in my neck (C-1 to C-7) and smashed 3 thoracic when my back hit the ground. I walk with a stick because I do not have good balance, but I can STILL give God Glory so it's all good! (For 30 years I've given God Glory and I don't wish to stop! Go ahead, ask me why!)
Thank you for reading and I look forward to our future together!
Peace!
8)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Welcome, glad you found us and happy to have you here!
BlockHeadLewie
Master Gamer
Master Gamer
ccgr wrote:Welcome, glad you found us and happy to have you here!
Thank you!
I hope in the future I would be more than just a member, but perhaps an asset!
8)
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Sounds like a great plan!
ajrp
Noob
Noob
My name is Armando and I want to play minecr aft in a way that God likes
ajrp
Noob