Ask a Question, Get Deep!

If you want to publicly ask a specific member a question, do so here.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I figured it would be a bad habit, but I actually got everything packed with hours to spare. Except the food. Which was mainly in the interest of avoiding food poisoning; there are some diarrhea's that not even Pepto bismol can turn aside.

You can never have too many flashlights?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Are you human?: Yes!
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Usually. It's a problem if there's a whole room of them, though.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
Activities that are supposed to be relaxing can sometimes exhaust you?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Oh, absolutely. Games usually relax me, but sometimes they tire me out.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I was thinking more of camping. -_-

A world without stevedore's?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I haven't camped in a while. Camping is fun...but I've got things to do on weekends. Unfortunately. :/

So by stevedore's, do you mean dockworkers/longshoremen or something else? Because while I respect that some people have to work docks to survive...I find their Unions to be a little weird compared to, say, the electricians union.

Without them, my city (Portland, OR) wouldn't be as much of a shipping town as it is. But without them, we would have one less example of physical laborers. Also, the longshoremen who guide ships up the Columbia from Astoria to Portland are pretty crazy. They get paid amazing amounts of money (six figures or so), but if they screw up once, they're basically fired. Wouldn't want that kind of job.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I meant those guys. I'm unaware of stevedore having another meaning, though it would not surprise me. I might owe some people an apology.

Also, I like physical laborers. I am one. Feels good. Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I don't think so? I feel like I've missed a reference.
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm sorry, but I'm working that phrase into a conversation at least once a day, for the time being. It is, as I said in Sstavix's thread, a conversational smoke bomb. Like "chicken butt" or "fat penguins". Which may also be something you're unfamiliar with, but they're ways to either awkwardly end a conversation, or break the ice.

Because if someone walks up to you and says "Guess what? CHICKEN BUTT!", how weirder could a casual conversation get?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
I'd forgotten that bit. XD

I've honestly kind of preferred Flying Circus for my Monty Python fix. Case in point (Or, How I feel in job interviews):

Depends on whether the person is a redditor/internet meme-savvy person or not. Because...well, it's not safe for work. Or this forum. XD
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
That's too real to be funny.

Craft fairs?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Craft fairs could be fun.

I really wish I had a house with a shed or something so I could build a woodworking/metalworking shop. I've always wanted to pursue those crafts, and was able to do some (Such as Woodworking) with my dad's equipment. Let me tell ya, honing some wood with a lathe is a very cathartic experience. Plus, you can make cool crap like pens and bowls and stuff.

I've only done a little metalworking in my life (Mostly annealing and such), but I feel like blacksmithing would be a good excuse to get exercise I need while also making cool stuff. Alas, apartments aren't well suited to those crafts. :(
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
I is a blacksmith. <3 I proclaim that to everyone these days, it seems.

I totally agree, though. I love my steel work, but I'd equally love a place to do some woodwork. I love the smell and feel of the wood.

That Swedish chef from the Muppets?
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Chozon1 wrote:I is a blacksmith. <3 I proclaim that to everyone these days, it seems.

I totally agree, though. I love my steel work, but I'd equally love a place to do some woodwork. I love the smell and feel of the wood.
If you move to wherever I end up living (Portland Oregon right now, but it could change), let me know and I'll gladly split some property/rent for a shop with you and we can build a workshop of epic proportions. Woodworking is the only one of those two I have any experience in, and it's pretty easy to teach. It's based on gut and practice, and yes, the smell and feel of wood is excellent. Honestly the hardest part is figuring out when to finish, and what wood is suited to what projects. If 15-year-old me can learn it, so can you. You teach me metalwork, I teach you woodwork.

The Swedish chef is interesting and funny. I've met a few actual Swedes, and they find him silly, but wholly inaccurate. I mean, duh. They're usually not offended though. Then again, Swedes seem to be a pretty forgiving people. Norwegians are too. I think being able to laugh at your own stereotype is a strong point. The Swedish/Norwegian/Finnish people seem to be pretty relaxed in general (though of course there are exceptions). Probably something to do with living where the sun don't shine in the winter. :P
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
You may want to look around; I know a lot of large cities have "community workshop" type places where you can go and use the equipment if you join the club, as it were. Not sure about Portland, but it'd give you access to a workshop. :D Metal working, it seems, is much the same way. Though at least with blacksmithing, it's more about learning how to hit stuff with your hammer and how metal moves.

'Ween times candy is the best times candy?