Hey, everyone!

New Raffles, Birthday Announcements, Introductions, Farewells can be found here.
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Sooo.... I never intended to be gone for as long as I have. I guess even when I was around, I don't think I posted as much as I should have. I was actually mildly surprised when I came back and found that I still had mod-status. My primary source of computing is an ipad (peasants, unite) which makes it a little more difficult to navigate and be involved with the forums. According to my profile, the last time I posted was in January but I haven't really posted in probably at least a year. Nevertheless, this site was a huge part of my teenage years and I've missed being active and taking part in the community.

What has everyone been up to?

For my part, I graduated college last year and have spent all the time afterward working with Americorps ABLE at an afterschool program for middle school refugees in Buffalo. As of two weeks ago, I moved to Indianapolis to live with friends and am continually searching for sources of employment. I hope to be posting here a little more. I mean, it's not hard to do better than five posts a year, right?
JOJ650s
Forum Moderator
Are you human?: Yes!
Hello Trip, glad to see you back! :)
Also congratulations on graduating college!

I have been up to quite a few things lately... I just can't seem to think of them at the moment. XD
(Just came back from help out at a 36hr-ish event/camping trip... which was quite packed/busy the whole time, so things are fuzzy. XD)
Be part of the answer, not part of the problem.

1 Corinthians 13; remember it always.
ccgr
Site Admin
Site Admin
Welcome back! The site is still alive and well and I've been focusing more on it lately, every day we try to have somehting new posted on the main site be it a review, a blog, or a youtube video. We're now a 501 C3 charity so that's a step in the right direction, still working on fudning to expand the site to be bigger though. My kids are growing and are all back in school. Congrats on graduating and I'll be praying for a job opportunity for you! :)
airpa
VIP Member
VIP Member
Welcome back Trip! I've been keeping pretty busy on my end of things. Have been working as a deliveryman for a local store, as well as volunteering with my local Search and Rescue (SAR) team. I also graduated college last summer, and have been volunteering at my local police department as well. Mainly been trying to just build my resume up for when I turn 21. I'll be praying for some job opportunities to come your way!
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
Welcome back, and congrats on graduating!

I graduated from college back in 2014, but I've been working various software engineering jobs with limited success. Between my frustrations with the business world and general lack of interest in being a professional code monkey/software developer, I'm pretty much at the point where graduate school seems like the best option. No word on if I'll be successful there...
TripExistence
donkey
Are you human?: Not likely
Wow, it's really nice to see some familiar faces. :)

Glad to hear that everyone is doing fairly well. Thank you for any prayers you can send my way!

Deep, what do you think you would go for in grad school?
Chozon1
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: In the shadows. Waiting for an oppurtune moment to create a dramatic entrance.
I worked at Wal-Mart for three months, then quit to become a blacksmith.

Because in all seriousness, being outside in 100 degree weather standing next to a 1500 degree fire hammering hot metal was a major leap in job quality.
Deepfreeze32
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: On the run from Johnny Law; ain't no trip to Cleveland
TripExistence wrote:Deep, what do you think you would go for in grad school?

Probably going for a PhD in Computer Science. Unless I can somehow get someone to pay for me to get a PhD in History. :P

Got to figure out what all this entails, gather recommendation letters, study for the GRE (T_T)...

Chozon1 wrote:I worked at Wal-Mart for three months, then quit to become a blacksmith.

Because in all seriousness, being outside in 100 degree weather standing next to a 1500 degree fire hammering hot metal was a major leap in job quality.
Have worked at Wal-Mart. Can confirm.